Moultrie Mobile
WSF BOD elections.......................
Wild Sheep
Contributors to this thread:
mn_archer 20-Oct-14
kota-man 20-Oct-14
Jim in PA 20-Oct-14
brettpsu 21-Oct-14
Mad Trapper 21-Oct-14
mn_archer 21-Oct-14
Bill Obeid 21-Oct-14
NvaGvUp 21-Oct-14
Charlie Rehor 21-Oct-14
Jim in PA 21-Oct-14
tthomas 21-Oct-14
NvaGvUp 21-Oct-14
NvaGvUp 21-Oct-14
Bou'bound 21-Oct-14
NvaGvUp 21-Oct-14
Bou'bound 22-Oct-14
Hoot 22-Oct-14
tthomas 10-Nov-14
NvaGvUp 15-Dec-14
kota-man 15-Dec-14
Jim in PA 15-Dec-14
mn_archer 15-Dec-14
NvaGvUp 15-Dec-14
20-Oct-14
So my wife and I received our ballots today, and admittedly we know nothing of the 5 guys running. Anyone have any insight as to which of the 5 is the least helful to further the cause?

im guessing all 5 are great guys, but knowing nothing of any of them it seems silly to vote.

thanks~

michael

20-Oct-14
I'm right there with you Michael...Clueless....

20-Oct-14
Mn archer, I am one of the five on the ballot. You are correct, all are good guys. I am not into self promotion so I will not go into a lot of detail here but will glady pm or give you my number and we can talk. I will give you some additional background though. I did not hunt until my early 20's and got started Bowhunting with a co-worker. Did not take long and I was hooked! After hunting locally started to travel and met an outfitter who did nothing but talk "sheep". After a few hunts with him I finally had to try a sheep hunt. It was like a drug and now I find myself addicted to sheep hunting. That is not to say I don't enjoy white tails or elk but I really got hooked on sheep!

The next step was getting involved in Eastern Chapter where I was on the board for 8 years . During that time I was president for 3 years, vp for 2. In my bio I said I do something for wild sheep virtually every day, that is no exaggeration! Literally every day there are calls to make, emails to send out, sponsors , donors etc to contact. While it may seem odd a guy from the East Coast to be this involved it is a passion that luckily I am able to pursue. While I have done well enough in life to be able to afford this passion I am far from a "money" guy. I just work hard, and am serious in what I do.

So much for no self promotion I guess but hopefully my passion of this shows. If you or anyone else has any questions I would be glad to discuss them. I would appreciate all support

Jim Wilson, 908-246-5661 or lakeside1@hughes .net

Ps, my name here Jim in Pa may need to be changed. I just relocated to NJ for business reasons.

21-Oct-14
Jim Wilson is a stand up guy. He got my vote.

21-Oct-14
Vote for Jim

21-Oct-14
I didn't know Jim Wilson was Jim in PA. Definitely has our votes!

thanks for the help guys!

michael

21-Oct-14
Jim , you have my vote ...along with 3 others!

21-Oct-14
My $.02.

Our current executive leadership team is the best I've ever seen - simply off the charts in management excellence, dedication to conservation, as well as great leadership abilities.

21-Oct-14
I am not a member of Sherp Clubs but I know Jim from his many Bowsite posts and he's top shelf!

21-Oct-14
Thanks guys for the support. Kyle is correct when he talks about the leadership of WSF and Marc Hansen(another on the ballot) has certainly proven to be an awesome Chairman. The make up of the current board is inspiring to say the least. Since being appointed to fill a vacancy I have really gotten to know the details and how many moving parts there are to this organization. It is definitely a great group to be involved with and a great group to be a part of.

21-Oct-14
Our ballets will come a month after the US members get theirs.

21-Oct-14
Jim's the real deal guys. We're lucky to have him and we need to keep him!

21-Oct-14

NvaGvUp's Link
Charlie,

WSF is not a 'club.' It's a conservation organization and one leaders of other conservation organizations point to as being the best in the world and the model they themselves should follow.

You do not have to be a sheep hunter or even a wannabe sheep hunter to join. All you have to be is a person who supports science-based conservation.

I'll tell you what. Go to the link, fill out all the needed information on the Membership application and if you don't want to pay the $45 yourself, I will.

Fill it out and e-mail it to me @ [email protected] and I'll make sure you're a member.

This goes for the rest of you guys who aren't already members, although you'll be buying the membership with your own $$$. ;^)

Kyle

21-Oct-14
vote for the BOWhunters.

21-Oct-14
Bou'bound,

What does the weapon of choice have to do with conservation?

22-Oct-14
absolutely nothing. nor does it have to do with much else, but it seems to be a fun debate point on these threads.

22-Oct-14
I received my ballot yesterday, as well as my mid term election ballot, I'll be filling both out, but I won't be as upset if my WSF vote ends up on the short end of the stick as I will be if my other votes do...

10-Nov-14
Got and filled in and returned my ballot. Postage paid from the US but not Canada. We should get a savings on our membership :)

Good luck and congratulations to all those for running.

15-Dec-14
I am absolutely thrilled to announce that the election results are in and that Jim Wilson, aka 'Jim in PA,' has been elected to the WSW board for a full term!

Congratulations my friend!

WSF needed you and our membership agreed!

15-Dec-14
Great news...Congrats Jim!

15-Dec-14
Thanks Kyle. And thanks to the guys of Bowsite who voted. I appreciate your support. I am looking forward to the challenges to come.

Jim

15-Dec-14
That's Awesome Jim, congratulations and thanks for serving!

michael

15-Dec-14
You guys wouldn't believe how vastly improved the board is now compared to 2007 when I first started serving.

It's now extraordinarily functional and focused. Our leadership is incredibly professional. We disagree at times, as we should, but always with respect and a desire to do the best thing for wild sheep in the most responsible and ethical way.

WSF is ROCKING!

• Sitka Gear