Charlie Rehor 21-Oct-14
midwest 21-Oct-14
Forest bows 21-Oct-14
kk 21-Oct-14
cityhunter 21-Oct-14
cityhunter 21-Oct-14
Ace 21-Oct-14
21-Oct-14
As a walked to the back forty for a short afternoon bowhunt I was thinking how lucky I am to be able to actually hunt my own property. Settling into my treestand there was a slight breeze and a hint of cooler weather approaching. The distant sound of the county high school marching band warming up at the stadium for the big game tonight serenaded me. There was the sound of vehicle traffic on the highway to the east, an occasional large truck, a couple of screaming motorcycles, the thumping of a Harley or two. Several miles to the north, the local dragstrip had cars warming up in preparation for tonight's races. Way off in the distance to the south someone was doing a little target practice with what sounded like a pistol. Two beautiful hot air balloons were silently crossing the sky to the west.

As I sat there soaking it all in, I was thankful for a nation where we have so many freedoms and privileges.

God bless America!

21-Oct-14
+1 ... that's quite an image you described, and one that is obviously cherished ... and I think we all have similar images in our minds if we slow down and look for them.

21-Oct-14
I thought you were a local, until you mentioned the part about the hot air balloons. You are right.

21-Oct-14
Great post Andy!!

21-Oct-14
Sunday evening as I sat motionless in my treestand nestled in one of the few trees amidst a quarter section of corn fields and crp, I listened to the hum of a combine increase in intensity as it approached my location. Ten minutes before the hunt for the evening was over, 3 deer busted out of a finger of brush along the field as the New Holland made its final round. The doe and the two fawns wandered right up to my stand.

It was the perfect plan. I had already shot a doe the week before, so I just let them linger, as I was hoping a buck would do the same. Nothing else showed, but great nonetheless.

21-Oct-14
About 20 years sgo I was set up in the woods behind a High School waiting for a deer and heard them say the Pledge of Allegiance on the loud speaker! Fantastic, I wonder if they still do that today as the school was in the Northeast?

21-Oct-14
Ha....eastern hunting vs. the west. I enjoy the total silence it seems only western hunting can provide. Thank God we still have places to get away from it all! The only noise I like to hear is that of the animals and birds, the whispering pines, a clear mountain stream, rain drops on my tent....heaven!

In my whitetail treestands, it seems all I hear is the damn neighbors coyote dogs barking and howling!

21-Oct-14
God save America! Our country needs to repent and get back the the moral foundation we were built on!

21-Oct-14
GREAT POST Ghostbird. Thanks

21-Oct-14

cityhunter's embedded Photo
U will never find me in the timber without a flag in my pack ! It reminds me how lucky we are to be Americans , and how so many gave the ultimate price for our freedom !! God Bless America !!!

21-Oct-14

21-Oct-14
Dunstan Chestnut City?

• Sitka Gear