drycreek 23-Oct-14
Zebrakiller 23-Oct-14
loprofile 23-Oct-14
leo17 23-Oct-14
Mule Power 23-Oct-14
Zebrakiller 24-Oct-14
Cornpone 24-Oct-14
23-Oct-14
thinking of joining a hunting club have talked to member , read rules and They even had me come hunt as a guest, Tell me issues you have had ................

23-Oct-14
Make sure all of the rules are documented and followed by every member all of the time. Make sure you trust the guys at your club to follow said rules and not make exceptions for their buddies. Also make sure there's enough ground and game to accomodate all the hunters.

23-Oct-14
You will never know anything so remember that going in.

Brotsky is spot on. Make sure things are in writing and you understand them well.

It's only a year commitment so if it goes awry then you can bail and find a place that suits you.

The club I am in now I love. It's not perfect but nothing ever is.

23-Oct-14
Snoring too loud! Just have to be flexible and have a plan so you know where each other will hunt for the day, week etc. After you read the rules and were a guest and did not see any red flags then it should be fine, I have not had any bad issues at all in the groups, clubs that I have been involved with.

23-Oct-14
Thats one of my thought one year commitment, all rules are laid out on paper, I like them . I dont know one person in club That part makes me nervous, this is only 30 min from my house great are. Keep them coming Thanks

23-Oct-14
Zebra I didn't know anyone as well and they have all turned out to be great people.

I take both my kids and it's been a blast.

23-Oct-14
Zebra, don't worry about not knowing anybody.........you will !

Could be bad, could be the best move ever, just have to take the plunge.

23-Oct-14
is your club bow only this one is gun included and I could give two cents about the gun hunting, but they will kill bucks I pass bowhunting for sure, They do have 125 min

23-Oct-14
Without a doubt the number one potential problem relates to Guests. If rules on guests are not clear, enforced, and acceptable to you, stay away.

23-Oct-14
Biggest lesson i learned from being in a club is to check if they have a stand policy.

Some guys who have been in a club for a really long time start to claim the best spots for themselves. There are only so many good ambush locations to hunt.

There should be a stand policy in place that limits the amount of tree stands that can be hung and you shouldn't be allowed to leave stands up from season to season.

23-Oct-14
Nothing ventured nothing gained.

That said loprofile and leo17 hit the nail right on the head big time!

24-Oct-14
Loprofile- if you are a full member you can bring one guest mediated family, or a non family but non family no more than once, The 400 acres is divided into 16 zones no zone can be hunted back to back, if you hunt FRI,Sat, Sunday you have to request a zone you would like, given out based on seniority, no more than 7 zones daily., Leo the property has 50 stands on it already, but you can put up a stand if you would like, no vehicles allowed on after August 1.

24-Oct-14
leo17's response is exactly why I didn't join a hunt club several years ago. Any decent deer hunter can scour an area and find the best spots for a stand...and after doing so I found a stand in every one of them. That, along with too liberal of a policy for guests, turned me off.

• Sitka Gear