Genesis 30-Oct-14
6x6 bull 31-Oct-14
LC Archer 31-Oct-14
JD1983 01-Nov-14
Bigred 01-Nov-14
midwest 02-Nov-14
6x6 bull 03-Nov-14
30-Oct-14
Ill be moving to Missouri after my trip to Alaska was wondering what kind of game id get to hunt besides deer, turkey and waterfowl?

30-Oct-14
That be it for Missouri... Also, how could you possibly know where you will live after you get to the place you are about to live?

30-Oct-14
You can hunt some feral hogs. You can even pay to play on some hog hunts in Missouri if that's your thing.

30-Oct-14
Really depends on what you want to hunt and if you want to travel. There are a lot of game like Bigred says. If you put where you will live a bunch of us may be able to help. I live south central Ozarks and grew up in Michigan. So I know your issue of learning a whole new state and area.

30-Oct-14
Once he hunts in AK for a few years, a several hour drive will be a fart in the wind.... Whitetails and turkeys are not hard, find big blocks of public, learn them well and then knock on a bunch of doors hoping one or two will say yes!

30-Oct-14
North Missouri has pheasants, also quail but them buggers are hard to hit with a bow! I agree whitetails are not necessarily hard, babies are easy to kill. Let them get 5 years old then tell me they are easy. Better yet anyone can tell me, like they say in MO "Show Me"

30-Oct-14
Missouri....the "draw me a picture" state.

If they gave the southern two tiers of Iowa counties to Missouri, the literacy rate would go up in both states.

:) :) :) :)

j/k...I have a sister and several nieces in MO. Used to bow hunt right across the border in Scott Co. Some great deer but, like said, gun season right at peak rut sucks.

30-Oct-14
Deer, turkey and waterfowl. . . .

There are hogs in places, but even where there is a lot, there aren't many

In my portion of SW Missouri, quail are all but extinct, and all the serious old quail guys don't even own dogs anymore.

Spring turkey hunting is generally pretty fantastic.

Deer hunting is dependent on region, and sometimes varies vastly just from county to county

Waterfowl is generally pretty great if you access private marsh or draw some of the conservation areas. Public un-managed waterfowl is sometimes awesome, sometimes not even worth it. Just depends on region, area, water levels, season timing, etc.

The good thing about Missouri too, we're not a very far drive to the mountain states. If you drive like a maniac, like myself, you can access most of CO within 15 hours (if you're on the west side of MO to begin with)

I don't know much about areas around St. Louis or N. Missouri.

Bake

30-Oct-14
All of the aforementioned and possibly elk here before too long. They released some at Peck ranch in SW MO a few years back and from what I've heard they're doing well down there. Although I'm sure there will be very few tags issued for many years. Any thoughts on that Bake, since your down that way?

30-Oct-14
I was wrong, Peck Ranch is actually in SE MO, thought it was much further west than it is

30-Oct-14
Missouri is an excellent choice for an Outdoorsman,congrats

30-Oct-14
"If they gave the southern two tiers of Iowa counties to Missouri, the literacy rate would go up in both states."

Now that's funny I don't care who you are. Usually this where where we get into the marrying your sister jokes as well......

Come live in rural st. louis county by me.....you can kill a deer every day for 4+ months if you want...even during rifle season.

31-Oct-14
Missouri really has alot to offer the sportsman. You just need to look at the big picture and not think about all the big game that the western states offer. You can deer hunt from Sept. 15 all the way to Feb 15 and take at least 3 bucks. You can apply for the special hunts on MDC land and take an additional buck. The turkey hunting is some of the best in the country with two tags in the spring and two in the fall. Small game abounds with squirrel, rabbits, varmits, dove, quail, ducks, geese to take up your fall and winter days. You can fish in ponds,cold streams, warm streams, or deep lakes for many species of fish. The bowfishing is great in many of the lakes. Also all of the things you can do without having to draw a tag!!! Contact the MDC and they will send you all the information that you would ever need. They own thousands of acres of public land thanks to the 1/2 of 1 percent sales tax that goes to the Conservation office.You will find some of the best and well kept conservation areas because of this. Enjoy yourself and welcome to Missouri.

31-Oct-14
6x6 bull, there are no good hunting opportunities in my home state. ;) Dave

01-Nov-14
Missouri is ok. If you have lived and hunted out west, you will probably be disappointed initially and will learn to like what you do have over time. It partly depends on where you are in the state as well.

01-Nov-14
I was raised in Delaware so the whole gun during rut don't bother me to bad as our shotgun season is the same, I hunt it all guys I literally will hunt anything I can. I was in the military for 4 year as a infantryman going to Afghanistan for a year so travel and talking to people and all that does not affect me. I do plan to buy a nice piece of land if available to hunt on and manage. I have hunted Colorado mainly as far as the western states but I am no fan of the stupid draw tags. I grew up killing whitetails so that has my heart and always will I can kill 2 bucks and all the does I want in my state on my farm and Missouri seems to have a similar opportunity to kill a good amount of deer. thank you all for helping me out as for where ill settle in the state not sure but it will be in one of top 5 big buck countys if I can

02-Nov-14
If I had a choice on where to live in MO it would definitely be the NE corner. Great country and great people.

03-Nov-14
Whenever I hear someone say that all the big deer live north of the Missouri river in MO I like to tell the story of my father in law. He owns 1000 acres near Springfield, Mo and I live in central mo right on the Missouri river. I had a couple of nice bucks on camera and thought that any day I would get one of them so when he called and told me that he had a big buck in one of his fields every night I passed it off as another 130" southern MO buck. He called me the second day of gun season and told me that the neighbor boy killed it in his field by shooting across the fence. He took it to Bass Pro and it scored 180" and some change. My nephew is old enough to drive now and hunts his farm all the time and sends me many pics of bucks just as big as what I am hunting.

• Sitka Gear