WapitiBob 20-Nov-14
gil_wy 20-Nov-14
midwest 21-Nov-14
gil_wy 21-Nov-14
kentuckbowhnter 21-Nov-14
Jaquomo 21-Nov-14
Mule Power 22-Nov-14
20-Nov-14
So Realtree NASCAR Outdoors is on (yawn) and I'm half paying attention while cooking dinner. I swear I hear them say this guy is hunting the Wagonhound for the third year in a row.

I know this is unit 7 so how does a guy get a Type 1 tag for this unit 3 years in a row? Governor tags or something? Just curious.

20-Nov-14
Wyoming has tags that can be purchased. I haven't paid much attention to it but they aren't transferable lo tags like in NM.

20-Nov-14
Commissioners tags and governors tags... I know several of the guides up there and they said Richard Childress sends people to multiple auctions to purchase these tags... And those vouchers are transferable until the name goes on a liscence... At $10K+ for the license and another $9K for the hunt I'm not sure there aren't better options but it sure looks fun...

21-Nov-14
gil, that ranch just looks phenomenal. I kind of chuckle watching these guys drive around in trucks glassing huge bulls. I guess that's why they get $9500 for a 5 day hunt.

21-Nov-14
It is a HUGE ranch... Nichols started buying up his neighbors and with their land locked National Forest I'd guess they've got literally hundreds of square miles to hunt untouched... Plus after opening day every bull on public land gets pushed on to them. Thats the beauty of owning half a unit with limited access :)

21-Nov-14
I hunted there and its worth every penny if you can swing it. I drew the tag but I would not buy a gov tag and hunt myself. I cannot imagine a better place to hunt elk in the world.

21-Nov-14
Wow, for $10K you can buy a landowner tag for CO Unit 2, hunt for a whole month, and almost 80% of the unit is public land. And you'd be only one of 8 bowhunters in the entire unit.

22-Nov-14
Who wants to hunt for a month Lou when you can whack a booner in a day or three? lol

Besides you and me of course. ;-)

• Sitka Gear