skull 21-Nov-14
MDW 21-Nov-14
Drahthaar 22-Nov-14
HuntinHabit 22-Nov-14
skull 22-Nov-14
Woodsman416 22-Nov-14
INDBowhunter2 22-Nov-14
21-Nov-14
What's the chance on finding locked up bucks in the wild. Did anybody ever find any from this site? Would you say it's once-in-a-lifetime find

21-Nov-14
No it is not once in a lifetime or we all would experience it once and that ain't happenin

21-Nov-14
I was hunting some public land in northern MO about 15 years ago and another guy there found two 150ish bucks dead with their antlers locked together. Only time I've ever seen it, and I doubt I'll ever see it again.

21-Nov-14
I will add that they were STUCK. He had cut the heads off and brought them to the parking lot. We tried for quite a while to get them apart, but never could do it.

21-Nov-14

21-Nov-14
I had a cousin that came to hunt my Dad's place during the slug season back in the mid 80s. First time that he had ever been out in the deer woods. My Dad told him where to go & he walks out there, sees a buck standing there. He shoots it & he heads over to it. He gets partway there, looks over & sees the buck standing up so he shoots again & the deer drops.

He walks up & finds two 130 class bucks locked up! Talk about beginners luck!

I also have a good friend that found 2 nice bucks locked up & the coyotes had long since picked them clean.

21-Nov-14

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo
I guess I must have been pretty lucky. Here is how everything happened

Well this was one of the best trips ever! I know I say that every time I come back from my trip, but this time it is true. I left Sudbury on Wednesday morning and arrived ing Seneca Kansas Thursday night around 10. The following morning, I was on the treestand by 6 o'clock a.m. I was on the south side of the farm while my other friend he was on the north side. We knew that we had 2 giant ones waiting for us. We might have a chance to go home with something special. I didn't see much till about 8:30 when menora ( we named this giant deer the anther is Mossberg ) came out of the timber following a doe. I grabbed my rangefinder to find out that he was 55 yards away, little bit too far to shoot. It was just amazing to see a giant Whitetail during day time. At night set, I didn't see much excepts a few scrubs here and there. Saturday morning around 7:00 a.m. I was hoping I could get a shot at this giant and sure enough, once again he came out of the timber chasing about 80 yards.

Sunday I couldn't hunt in that stand because of the wrong wind. In the meantime I discussed with my buddy that I had to move the tree stand closer to their bedding area only have a few days to make it happen.

Monday morning after the hunt we decide it's time to move in. We tiptoed inside the timber without making too much noise and found a beautiful spot right on the edge of creek where we can see the trail from the deer crossing the creek. I told my buddy I wanted to be on the edge of the creek where I could shoot on the other side. We went 5 more yards over looking the creek and I could not believe what I was looking at...2 giant Whitetail locked up dead on the creek, my heart sank and I was speechless. I waited a whole year to go and have a chance on one of these giants and seeing them locked up and dead. That wasn't right! On the other hand I was happy having a chance to find them. A once in a lifetime find. At least I know they were gone, so I didn't waste any time hunting at this particular farm. We only hunted one more day and we decided to come back home on Wednesday after having our dreams shattered. This is not the way I wanted to bring the rack home with me. At least I have them and I can remember it for the rest of my life. Overall a great hunt and I met a lot of new friends. It is one of the greatest finds of my life. We Had to cut one little tip of the brow to get them apart. We had to call Kansas Department of Wildlife. They came and did their investigation. They issued salvage tags so that we could have legal position of the dears. mossberg 170 menora 165

21-Nov-14

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

21-Nov-14

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

21-Nov-14

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

21-Nov-14

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

21-Nov-14

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

21-Nov-14
I have found one set.

21-Nov-14

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

21-Nov-14

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

21-Nov-14

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

21-Nov-14

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo

21-Nov-14
Glad to hear that you did call the KDWP&T folks and did things right.

I have one pair of lock antlers that I found 20 years back. I take them to several shows and they are always an attention getter.

22-Nov-14
A good find for you, But what a shame. Forrest

22-Nov-14
Cool find, congrats.

Hard to tell in the pictures how they were stuck, can you explain at all?

And I gotta ask, why did you separate them?

22-Nov-14
Hello Hunting Habit This picture shows me trying to take them apart. I'm not sure what you want me to explain but they were stuck together when we found them. They were on the water, so I guess they must have drowned in the creek after a long tiring fight. We had to take them apart because I wanted the buck that I had been after and my buddy, he wanted his Buck that he had been after.

22-Nov-14
Cool story!

22-Nov-14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hHsVVKVBiU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Found these guys last October. Unfortunately found the smaller one dead in March. Cool experience, more than likely never see this again in my lifetime. I am the one actually cutting them apart.

• Sitka Gear