VENISONJUNKY 22-Nov-14
Woods Walker 22-Nov-14
M.Pauls 22-Nov-14
sitO@play 22-Nov-14
OleThumper 22-Nov-14
Russell 22-Nov-14
deerterminator 22-Nov-14
22-Nov-14
Ok, this is not about the poo but the act of pooing. I was in my stand this morning and noticed a deer going and remembered something that seems to have stuck in my grey matter. Some where long ago, and I have no idea where I heard this, but I either read or was told, when scouting for deer and deer activity, finding a deer trail that has deer poo on it, it was generally done by a deer in the morning as either this writer or person told me most deer poo in the morning. Can someone confirm this one, or was a line of, well.......poo?

I'm dead serious. At 59 my woodsmanship is about as polished as I think it may get and either need to throw this out of my head and make room for more or keep it inside.

22-Nov-14
Line of poo! No way I believe that !

22-Nov-14
It takes roughy 16 hours for whatever a deer eats to pass through the digestive system and they feed an average of 4 times per day (every six hours or so) so do the math.

You poo-poo information is doo-doo.

22-Nov-14
I guess the theory there is they've been feeding all night and then they unload on their way back to their beds!?? Funny theory but I wouldn't pay much attention to it. The only way I could see this having any truth is if you had 2 trails going to and from a food source and bedding area and for whatever reason they always chose one trail in the morning and the same deer chose the other in the evening, I suppose the morning trail coming back from feeding area would have slightly more poop?

22-Nov-14
I'm on the "one in one out" system...can't speak for the deer.

22-Nov-14
If you see Poo a deer has Pooled!

Hope this helps getting some Poo out of your memory bank! ;>)

Ole Thumper

22-Nov-14
Personally, I get excited for when I find big droppings. Big poo big deer.

22-Nov-14
one way to find out, follow one around for a day

• Sitka Gear