TurkeyBowMaster 23-Nov-14
t-roy 23-Nov-14
JW 23-Nov-14
oldgoat 23-Nov-14
Rocky D 24-Nov-14
Brotsky 24-Nov-14
Bob H in NH 24-Nov-14
23-Nov-14
Ok so here's the question - what's your favorite foods for an all day sit? Also are you in an area where your food will freeze if just left in a pack?

Thought I had the best idea ever for lunch on an all day sit but apparently the noodles in mr noodles can swell up to 8 times their original size and use up all moisture. Basically like shaking a bunch of soggy tapeworms out of the Stanley. Next time I'll wait and pour the noodles in on stand. How about you guys? I'm thinking if I could get a nice deer stew into the thermos that might be ideal

23-Nov-14
Pat says walmart is running a special on chicken salad !!!

23-Nov-14
A couple sandwiches and lots of "fun size" candy bars. Lots of calories to keep me warm.

...and I have eaten plenty of half frozen sandwiches. You can put one in an inside pocket of your coat to keep thawed.

23-Nov-14
It would be hard to improve on the snickers peanut butter squares. Yellow bag. In my recent cold Ohio sits all it took was one or two to quench any thoughts of hunger and helped to warm my core. Best candy ever invented

23-Nov-14
I normally make trail mix but when it is in the teens and single digits I like peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

23-Nov-14
Jerky, Trail mix, Peanut butter honey tortilla or sandwich

23-Nov-14
Apples, corn, etc don't be afraid to get a little sloppy with it, deer wont mind a bit! haha

23-Nov-14
pat-is that a before or after pic? lol

23-Nov-14
Lol oh my!

Things that I hate - biting into frozen sandwiches cause you used mayo and lettuce gets terrible.

Frozen apples really suck.

Pizza is ok but I'm thinking anything in the thermos might be my new go-to as it's also nice to have something warm you up and I don't drink coffee or tea.

23-Nov-14
Ok, just from this past week. Pringles (my wife said they may crunch like acorns being eaten), slimjims, pepperjack cheese and crackers, pizza once, Mt Dew sipped throughout the day, Hot chocolate on the coldest day. Pretty much snacked, but ate a big dinner each night. I'm not a fan of the squashed sandwich. The harder part was staying put and motivated one would be by in the next minute.

23-Nov-14
thermos of bullion, chicken or beef Dark chocolate trail mix bars oatmeal pies

23-Nov-14
Apple, cashews/Almonds,dark chocolate and water

23-Nov-14
Food is the last thing I care about on the stand so two sandwiches (nothing fancy)and several granola bars. Sandwich under your coat for a few minutes and you're good to go.

23-Nov-14

Russell 's embedded Photo
Russell 's embedded Photo
4 hotdogs. Add boiling water. Pack buns and topping.

23-Nov-14
2 peanut butter and raisin sandwiches on a bagel, halved. Eat 1 half every few hours. Water.

23-Nov-14
Granola bars, apples/bananas, little bags of peanuts, peanut butter crackers, and chocolate covered coffee beans for a little pep and no more per!

23-Nov-14
Peanut butter and bacon bagels.

23-Nov-14
sandwiches, candy, granola bars. if its below freezing all day in put a body warmer in my lunch ziplock and I use the stick on toe warmers on my water bottles to keep them thawed out.

23-Nov-14
Should say no more PEE!

23-Nov-14
I always figured you east coast suburban hunters just had a pizza delivered?

23-Nov-14
Hot coffee in one thermos, hot soup in another. One pb&j and one lunch meat sandwich. Something chocolate. Granola bar, Cheese maybe. And the most important thing of all, a 5 Hour Energy. That stuff is just pfm in a little plastic bottle (PFM - Pure F'ing-Magic).

23-Nov-14
I like a insulated container of hot onion soup mix. This gives off more btu's than any of the hot soups and will knick the chill out of you.

23-Nov-14
Just a Thermos of hot chocolate. I can eat when I get home.

Might try the chicken salad, though. I been thinking of wanting to lose some weight. Between the purging & the multiple trips up & down the tree, it just might work.

23-Nov-14
Pretty much live on Reese's pieces, jerky and Gatorade in the stand.

23-Nov-14
I just buy a couple of regular McDonald's hamburgers for tree stand hunting, not like I'm using a lot of energy sitting on my butt!

24-Nov-14
I just hunt hunted three weeks non stop and it got pretty cold. As stated above on the cold days two peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

I hunt public and and often my walk is 3- -60 minutes so I have burned significant calories upfront and in the cold for me caloric intake is absolutely critical.

Breakfast for me is a large bowl of oatmeal with raisins and walnuts.

I normally have the two P&H sandwiches and 3-4 ozs of trail mix.

I eat large dinners and typically drink 2 liters of water.

Typically these are all day sits unless I change stands for wind adjustments.

On these hunts I always lose weight and even if you are sitting on you butt you are burning max calories to stay warm in cold temp.

On warm days I typically eat nothing on stand.

Also, I am cold natured and I eat every 2-3 hours to keep movement down.

If I do not eat when it is really cold then I get cold.

This is probably more important to me than most but I stay on stand all day on the worst of days.

24-Nov-14
My all day sits this year included a couple granola bars and a couple bagels with honey walnut cream cheese. I always drop the bagels into my handwarmer muff for 15 minutes or so before I eat them to warm them up a little. Throw in a few fun size candy bars and you're good to go. I always bring a small thermos of coffee as well. Something warm to drinkl once in awhile on a cold day seems ot really improve my morale!

24-Nov-14
Usually pack a sandwhich, then a mix of peanuts, raisins and m&m's, and a couple of tootsie pops to munch throughout the day. Toss a couple of juice boxes in and I'm good for the day.

If it's cold you will burn A LOT of calories sitting there trying to stay warm.

• Sitka Gear