DcoleinPA 28-Nov-14
Screwball 28-Nov-14
spike buck 28-Nov-14
cinibear 30-Nov-14
spike buck 30-Nov-14
VENISONJUNKY 30-Nov-14
spike buck 01-Dec-14
24-Nov-14
I decided to go wolf hunting Saturday afternoon. I knew there was a pack of 4 wolves. Two mature, 2 young. Male was white, female was brown. I actually have the two older wolves on camera from 4 years ago. I have 2 wolf seals.

I walked for about an hour, making a circle towards where they hang out. As I was making my way I heard the low howl of a wolf in the direction I was stalking.

As I climbed to the top of a ridge (clear cut), I heard the wolf howling in front of me. He was about 120 yards. I missed him. As the white wolf ran I noticed a large brown wolf run also.

24-Nov-14
pic?

24-Nov-14

spike buck's embedded Photo
Yesterday afternoon I ventured into the same clear cut. Sat for about 2 hours and decided it was time to walk back to the truck.

As I was walking out of the clear cut I heard a single low howl again. Then I turned around and stalked back to my perch. I gave a howl back using my hands. I had no Idea if it would work.

All of a sudden there he was, a white Timber Wolf. About 80 yards away.

This is the rock (clearing at top) where the wolf came out to and we looked at each other.

24-Nov-14
This time he was broadside to me and I took my time with the shot (rifle). I walked to where he was standing and I knew instantly that I hit him good.

I looked for about 20 minutes but was now getting dark, also kinda spooky!!

24-Nov-14

After a pot of coffee, I was out this morning to track him. Birds told me he was there somewhere. After following a good blood trail I found the white wolf.

It was awesome!!

24-Nov-14
Heck yea! Congrats on the accomplishment. Most of us will only dream of killing a wolf

24-Nov-14
Man I hate to tell ya that isn't a wolf...that was my neighbors dog;) Congrats that is quite an accomplishment! Are you gonna have it mounted? If so be sure to post pics of that as well!

24-Nov-14

I am taking it to Telesky Taxidermy in Winnipeg. Most likely a head mount.

24-Nov-14
Awesome! Congrats on one of the hardest critters to kill with any weapon!

Mark

24-Nov-14
Great job !

24-Nov-14

24-Nov-14
great job!

24-Nov-14
Sweet! Congrats on a great trophy!

24-Nov-14
Awesome.

24-Nov-14

I'm trying for this one next. Took this picture in June 2010, about 1/8 of a mile from where I saw him on Saturday. I'm pretty sure it's the same wolf.

Hopefully luck is still with me!!

24-Nov-14
That wolf deserves a full body mount if you can swing it ! Awesome !

24-Nov-14
What did u kill him with, saw some of your posts using rimfires.

24-Nov-14
Congrats on a great accomplishment!

24-Nov-14
Thanks guys. I will try to get a rug done. When I hit him I did a lot of damage. A head mount is my second option. Drycreek, I shot a white one in 2007 and had a full mount done for the lodge. I shot this male with a 30-06.

Wifishkiller, I still have a valid deer and moose license so I can carry a high powered.

24-Nov-14
My last wolf hunter left on Saturday. I set up a bait site on my private land. Earlier in the week he saw a wolf approach the bait but when he reached for his rifle the wolf spooked.

After his one and only encounter the wolves came only in only at night time the rest of the week. He would hear the pack howling within just a couple of hundred yards of the bait while he waited patiently. He left without getting his trophy. I shot this wolf about 400 yards of the bait site where the hunter sat.

I have to take some wolves as now I have the bunch of wolves frequenting my land. They are now educated to the bait site!!

24-Nov-14

This is the picture of the one I just tagged when it was a young wolf. I'm pretty sure of it. Same white patch around the jaw in both pictures. Taken in June 2010, when he was shedding.

25-Nov-14
Congrats. That's a nice trophy.

25-Nov-14
Too cool! Congrats!

25-Nov-14
Awesome wolf!! Congrats!

25-Nov-14
Thanks! Wolf was about 90 pounds. A trapper I talked to today said many over estimate the size of a wolf due to its fur and very long legs.

It was an old healthy male. Think of all the deer he has taken in his lifetime!!!

26-Nov-14
Very nice!

Maybe talk to the taxidermist to get an opinion on the damage and what they can do? That's a gorgeous wolf.

26-Nov-14
Those wolves look undernourished. Gotta be a tough life up there. Go get him and end their misery.

26-Nov-14

These wolf tracks crossed my tracks while I was in wolf hunting.

C, the live shots of the 2 wolves were when they had no fur on them. They do look pretty scrawny!!

26-Nov-14
Telesky, Seriously? Some day you will learn, Congrats Chris. I figure Lottie must have set you up.

26-Nov-14
Brian, I would have Jerry do it but permits would be a nightmare!! The last wolf rug Telesky did for me turned out great unlike my full mount. Did Jerry ever do up his 2 wolves ?

28-Nov-14
Hey Chris have you thought about using a predator call to get one in close? Then you will surely be the hunted.

Here in Colorado I have called in both a mt lion and a bear with a hand held call that simulated a young deer. Killed the bear with the bow/arrow.

Good luck and watch your back.

My best, Paul

28-Nov-14
Thanks Paul, Yesterday they were all around me again. They were howling back and forth to each other. I am so close to them it's almost like they are watching me.

28-Nov-14
Well done. Great trophy chris

28-Nov-14
Thanks Grant.

28-Nov-14
Wow he is a big old dog. Congrats!

28-Nov-14
Chris, Jerry is finishing up his new house, Should be in, in 2 weeks has not completed the wolf mounts. I realize options for taxidermists are limited and the permits would be a nightmare, The full mount was a shame. I suppose you could put him up in the trailer and let him work on it in the Bears Den! LOL. Have a safe trip.

28-Nov-14
I will Brian. I'm looking forward to the Outback. Gotta fill one more wolf tag before I go.

30-Nov-14
now that is a wolf. great job i just wish i could do it. but its too cold for me. you guys have a fun in the outback

30-Nov-14
On Monday I asked the local trapper to rid my property of the remaining wolves. I ventured into the area yesterday and there seemed to be only one set of wolf tracks. Lots of deer movement.

Tonight I will see what he took off the property. If anything.

30-Nov-14
Dead wolf is good wolf !

01-Dec-14
There was 4 wolves a week ago Saturday in the area. Now just one pup is left. The trapper said he caught 2 the very first night the traps were set. Plus the one I took. He set them up in the vicinity of the wolf bait.

One wolf pup was half eaten by the other wolves by the time the trapper got there the next day.

• Sitka Gear