Moose
Contributors to this thread:
marylandmatrix 24-Nov-14
BLACKBEAR 24-Nov-14
Buskill 24-Nov-14
marylandmatrix 26-Nov-14
Sage Buffalo 26-Nov-14
24-Nov-14
I am looking into a moose hunt for myself and a freind for 2015. I spoke with two outfits MVO and Ironbound. MVO gets great reviews here but are all booked up for the coming season. I have heard a few people on here mention ironbound before but there are no outfitter reviews on them and not much comes up on a thread search. Any info on ironbound favorable or not would be appreciated.

24-Nov-14
,,,, I don't know about ironbound outfitter,but in 2012 I hunted with Oceanside country lodge.Had a great time and lodge was great along with food Plenty of moose I took 14 point bull on 3 day.Give them a call great folks.

24-Nov-14
I've heard many many good things about Ironbound. I've got them pegged as my choice in a year or two. They have a nice Facebook page with tons of pics

26-Nov-14
TTT

26-Nov-14
Here's a video of my rifle hunt. They are great and even though I went with rifle my guide was awesome.

This past season they killed some great moose with bow.

The helicopter ride is worth the price of admission.

The people are so nice.

Just know that for every nice bull you see there are many more that are more average (35-45 inches).

Also, be IN SHAPE! This hunt isn't for the faint of heart. Sometimes you can get lucky and shoot near camp but I usually average 4-5 miles a day which really feels like 8-10 miles because you are walking through bogs most of the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrM9rWzh4rg

• Sitka Gear