hunting dad 28-Nov-14
Kevin Dill 28-Nov-14
Woodsman416 28-Nov-14
Lechwe 28-Nov-14
CD 28-Nov-14
24-Nov-14

Bernie1's embedded Photo
Bernie1's embedded Photo
I filled a few doe tags this weekend on some big does. One had ½ inch antlers. And yes for sure it was a doe (had fawns, milk sac, female organs….)

See the pic.

Has anyone else seen this?

I just wondered how common this was.

24-Nov-14
ya gotta euro mount that thing!

24-Nov-14
deerslayer,

HAHA! That would be the best set of antlers I have got for a doe!!

24-Nov-14
I shot one with a muzzleloader when I was a teenager. It had 1 velvet antler that was broken at the base and it was laying along side her head. I thought she was a buck until I gutted her and noticed she was full of milk.

24-Nov-14
back in the 70's, a bowhunting friend shot a 8 point doe in Wisconsin.

24-Nov-14

Bernie1's embedded Photo
Bernie1's embedded Photo
Another pic...after field dressing the antlered doe and dragging her to the other one.

24-Nov-14
Guy back when I was in high school killed on and it was all over the news papers and local game news. It was a forkie as I remember.

24-Nov-14
P&Y doe for sure....

Long as it wasn't a buck in drag.....

24-Nov-14
About 1988 or 1989 my buddy killed a pretty rare 8pt HARD horned doe. It was shot in the Finger Lakes region of NY and the DEC made a special trip down to take a peek.

24-Nov-14
In the 90s a big 8 pointer in Alton IL.

24-Nov-14
I Took a buck in to Parsons taxidermy some 20 years ago and there was a 19 point doe in there that looked wicked! No main beams, big bases with all these points coming out of them. Scored something like 138.

24-Nov-14

24-Nov-14

25-Nov-14

writer's Link
In 2008 an antlered do with quite the set of antlers was killed in north-central Kansas.

I hope the link is here.

25-Nov-14

25-Nov-14

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
This buck I shot this year was missing something.

25-Nov-14
In CA, they'd probably take the deer and cite you for it even though the antlers made it legal.

28-Nov-14
in AZ it would not be legal in a doe only hunt. We have had antlered does shot here before so the regs state antlered deer or antlerless deer instead of buck or doe. It would be cool to bag something like that some day.

28-Nov-14
My friend who I won't name publicly here killed an antlered doe in southern Ohio back in the late '80s or early '90s. He was hunting with a one piece recurve and cedar arrows. He explained that he shot this 'buck' which appeared to have great mass and height. When they trailed and found the deer, he was surprised to see it was in full velvet...dark velvet, too. Nine points and maybe 145 score. The pics and everything were done and all the congratulating out of the way, when he started the field dress process. Luckily the discovery was made before the cutting began. It was a doe in every sense. They called the ODNR and they in turn brought in a wildlife biologist to document the whole deal. I believe his story was written up for North American Whitetail magazine and he was rightfully proud. Unfortunately, an unscrupulous taxidermist talked him into letting him do a full-body mount at no charge. The taxidermist ended up ruining the entire cape/hide which was very unique to this deer in terms of color and head/neck dimensions. He was smart enough to not let the taxidermist have the antlers, so they are safe. To this day I don't think he ever had that doe mounted, which I often think is an unfortunate shame. She was a whopper-bodied deer and carried a beautiful set of antlers...truly a lifetime deer.

28-Nov-14
The current Northwoods Sporting Journal has a cover story on a nice eight point, hard horned doe taken in Maine.

28-Nov-14
I shot a 9 a few years ago that was a doe. kind of strange for sure.

28-Nov-14

CD's Link
This came out on the Arkansas Game and Fish weekly newsletter... a 9-point doe.

https://t.e2ma.net/message/jsauf/7i7f3f

• Sitka Gear