Mike in CT 26-Nov-14
Ironhunter 26-Nov-14
elmer@laptop 26-Nov-14
bigbuckbob 26-Nov-14
SmoothieJonez 26-Nov-14
Heartshot 26-Nov-14
26-Nov-14
5:36 AM LIVE from Ct*
Light mist falling in ffld county, on private land. We'll see how long I last out here.

26-Nov-14
Good luck this morning.

Just checked the radar, and the storm is right on the NY/CT border.

26-Nov-14
Good luck !!

26-Nov-14
Iron

good luck out there this morning. I hope you get snow and not rain. Nothing better than watching the morning come alive during a snowfall,.....magical.

26-Nov-14
6:49 AM LIVE from Ct*
Thanks all, bob- all rain so far in shelton

26-Nov-14
6:54 AM LIVE from Ct*
What is everyone thinking? Worth it to stay out with the rain?

26-Nov-14
iwas standing in my garage in shelton contimplating..thats all i did..lol..GL if you stay out..cold rain sucks

26-Nov-14
I personally don't bow hunt in the rain. I don't want to take the chance of having the blood trail wash away.

I know that if we make a solid hit where it needs to be, the deer will drop within 50-100 yards. But if there is a bad shot...just don't want to chance it.

26-Nov-14
I just got out of bed ! Good luck !

26-Nov-14
Iron,

It's a tough call; for years I paid heed to all the advice about not hunting in this kind of weather, then 8 years ago I decided the heck with it and went out.

I wound up taking a nice 8-pt after seeing a few small bucks running does. It really comes down to timing; if they're hungry they'll be up and moving before the worst of the storm and then head to thick cover, pine groves being a great storm hideout.

If they're in the mood.......well......

I'd give it until 10am and base staying any longer on safety and what movement you're seeing (or not seeing).

Best of luck!

26-Nov-14
9:29 AM LIVE from Ct*
Good point about the blood trail, although I rarely shoot outside 30 yards for that reason that I want it to be one and done. Just leaving the woods, let my gloves get wet about an hour ago and my hands are ice. Hoping this thing turns to snow or stops, I would consider going back out later on this rare day off.

26-Nov-14
Next time you know it is going to be bad weather, get a tree umbrella. They are great.

26-Nov-14
I like hunting in a light rain, especially if I'm still hunting. Now a COLD WET rain,.....not so much!!

26-Nov-14
Tempts dropping quickly and snow falling heavily here in northern Connecticut River Valley since 10am. Best of luck today!

photo 20141126_105557.jpg

26-Nov-14
Was out this morning moving a stand while it was raining had to move it to the oaks for tmrw morning pull the stand drop it down to the ground with my pull up rope turn to start pulling my steps a spike standing there watching me at 20 yrds we played cat and mouse for about ten minutes it was fun got me pumped for tmrw sit I was soaked and noway I was staying.... now when I was in my twenties my dumbass would have sat there the rest of the day shivering I just can't do it any more lol

• Sitka Gear