Buffalo1 30-Nov-14
Rock 01-Dec-14
milnrick 01-Dec-14
mark land 19-Dec-14
LIBuck 19-Dec-14
David Alford 20-Dec-14
drycreek 20-Dec-14
26-Nov-14
Looking for opinions and experiences using tripod stands for bowhunting. Have a piece of land that is primarily 10-12ft tall brush and i do not like ground blinds. Internet research turned up a few options but all are too tall from what I have seen. Anyone have a line on something in the 8-10ft tall range? Thanks!

26-Nov-14
Google Realbark Hunting Blinds. I have three of these tripods and they are the best I have ever used. Pricey, but good. I have a 17 ft. and two 12 ft. Look closely at the seat and how it swivels both at the top and at the platform. It gives you max legroom. Had mine for ten yr. with zero issues.

26-Nov-14
Millennium has one that size. A little spendy, but it has their comfy seat and it's aluminum, so it's lightweight too.

26-Nov-14
The property I hunt in Illinois has many tri-pods from 8 to 16 feet and we use the low ones in low pines and taller ones in taller pines. The 360 degree rotating seat is awesome. I would hunt tri-pods anytime. Good luck! C

26-Nov-14
I have hunted tripods in Texas for pigs and exotics. I love the 360* function; however, climbing in and out of seat can sometimes be "dicey" for me as far as loss of balance. My other concern is lack of place/space to hang my fanny/back pack while hunting.

27-Nov-14
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

28-Nov-14
Looking for feedback on how others deal with a fanny/backpack on a tripod stand. Tks

28-Nov-14
I have sat in three different tripod stands and have to say without question.....I hate them :) Last year I had a 150 class deer turn inside out when the platform squeeked as I positioned myself for a shot.... NO thank you. I would rather use a Big Mike groundblind with a comfy chair. Just my opinion.

28-Nov-14
X, I'm with you on most tripods, but the ones I use make zero noise.

Greg, I always back mine up against a tree and screw in a tree step or one of those small screw in hangers to hang mine on. That said, the Realbark tripods have room on the plarform right behind your feet. A 42" platform and you always have a downwind side where you are unlikely to have to put your feet.

29-Nov-14
Drycreek, that's exactly what my friend said last year :). Not doubting your experiences, glad to hear someone stepped up with a quiet one.

29-Nov-14
I had a tripod stand that I could not get use to. My wife likes it though, she has 6 bird feeders hanging from it.

30-Nov-14
Thanks for the tip there Drycreek. 42" is a nice size platform too. Thanks

01-Dec-14
Family traditions out of Michigan has some nice Tri-pods. I have one set up on the Ranch I hunt Antelope on and it is very comfortable and quiet.

01-Dec-14
Do a web-search for Gametamer tree stands and buy their quadpod. Totally silent swivel seats with four independently adjustable legs that gives you a stable hunting platform on uneven ground.

19-Dec-14
Just bought a tripod from Academy for my hog lease and shoot my recurve out of it with no problem, has a flip up shooting rail on the front which is nice for bowshooting and best of all it was only $150.

19-Dec-14
i'll second xman i had the biggest deer i've ever seen coming right at me from 100 yds away. at 50 yards there was a fork in the trail and he would have either passed me on the right or the left. when he chose his fork, i slightly shifted my weight and swiveled to get ready for a broadside.

the tripod squeeked, and he held up. after 10 minutes of staring and sniffing he turned around never to be seen again.

i haven't used the tripod since, but if i ever use it again i'll take the time to put felt between all the metal to metal parts and oil up everything else.

20-Dec-14
Think how many treestands have squeaked ruining a hunt. It's not the fault of treestands or tripods per se, but of that make or it's condition.

As far a syour pack, normally I set my tripods up against a large busy or a bushy tree so the seat is close to the tree trunk and therefore I can hang my pack on a limb.

20-Dec-14

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
I'm telling you guys, this is the one ! Yeah, the owner is a friend of mine, or actually an aquaintence, but his tripod is the best I have ever used. Notice the S bar for the seat. The seat swivels at the top and the bar swivels at the platform, giving you max foot room. Brass bushing in platform and nylon washer next to it. Add some carpet to the platform and you are set. Pricey, but good !

• Sitka Gear