Busta'Ribs 12-Dec-14
Wayniac 12-Dec-14
Stinkbait1 12-Dec-14
Gonzo 12-Dec-14
Gonzo 12-Dec-14
27-Nov-14

Gonzo's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

I just wanted to do a followup on "The Hit List" thread I started back in August that had a few bucks on it I was looking at for this year...

I ended up getting #1 this morning chasing a doe on our 80 acres.

27-Nov-14

Here is the original photo from back in August...

27-Nov-14

My wife got #2 which scores really well yesterday from the same tree following a doe...

27-Nov-14

Here is her harvest photo...

27-Nov-14
Nice buck Gonzo! Eights that can accurately be called great are few, in my opinion, but that one is!

27-Nov-14

I got a consolation buck for #3 on October 31st from the same property...

27-Nov-14

Here he is where he fell...

27-Nov-14
Congrats!

27-Nov-14
What a year! Congratulations to you and your wife.

27-Nov-14
wow...good year.

27-Nov-14
Cool

27-Nov-14
Oh not another gun kill!, the bow ethic police will be harrsing you shortly.

Congrat on two great bucks!

27-Nov-14
I originally posted this on Deerbuilder...

27-Nov-14
Massive bucks!

27-Nov-14
Nice bucks, but this is a archery site aint it? Sorry but if I tried posting posting my compound kills on tradgang I would get my azz kicked off. I just hate guns and gun kills, sorry!

27-Nov-14
Very nice deer! Congrats. What county?

27-Nov-14
Nice bucks congrats.

However you put 3 bucks on a hit list then hunt them for how long with a gun and then post them on Bowsite? Did you even hunt them with a bow?

27-Nov-14
Bowhunted every single day I had off until Muzzleloader season when I switched to my TC Omega until I got that deer then again every day I had off until Rifle season. Never saw any of these bucks until the seasons switched... just the way it was... I am a weird kind of guy though and don't feel the weapon makes the hunt. I have killed more deer with recurves and selfbows than many on here and have taken 7 deer at MCAAP in Oklahoma including a PY.... Look the MCAAP hunt up. I don't feel any different about that recurve PY than I do about the deer I took this morning with a 30/06...

As I mentioned above I posted this on the Deerbuilder food plot site that Pat also hosts that happens to be linked to Bowsite so I didn't post it to the Bowsite per se...

www.deerbuilder.com

27-Nov-14
If a deer makes "hit list" do you tack their photos to the trees on your property to serve notice?

Those are some beautiful bucks. You've definitely got your program together and know your bucks and your property.

Congrats on some nice trophies.

27-Nov-14
Don't look then carcas.nice bucks gonzo congrats to you and your wife taxi bill will be high.

30-Nov-14
Thanks Bowhunter22. Hopefully the taxi bill won't be too bad since I used to have a taxidermy studio several years ago but gave it up to work for someone other than myself. Long way of saying I am a taxidermist ;)

30-Nov-14
Wowsers.... Those are some big bucks... congrats

30-Nov-14
Beautiful bucks. You must have a great place to hunt. Congrats!

30-Nov-14
Nice!!!!!

No difference in the trophy quality based on the weapon you killed it with either. Some guys are so eat up with it they don't see the joy in hunting in all weapons. Every time I hear those that distinguish between weapons, I realize they grew up hunting fields or the wide open. Anybody that's hunted hardwood timber knows the challenge isn't the weapon you hold. It is getting any shot on wild deer. God Bless

30-Nov-14
Did you shoot all three of them off 80 acres? If so, that's an awesome piece of dirt. I Dont care what you shot em with. Great bucks. Congratulations.

30-Nov-14
Congrats again Gonzo. I didn't mean any disrespect. Just because I don't care to shoot a deer with a rifle doesn't mean the next guy doesn't.

01-Dec-14
Last time I looked this is a archery forum, is it not?

01-Dec-14
Did you leave any for next year???

01-Dec-14
Gonzo, where are you in oklahoma? Oklahoma has exceptional deer and those are three that do the state justice. Congrats to you both! Wow!

I am a taxidermist here in oklahoma too, only birds though. Located east of Purcell.

01-Dec-14
Oklahoma is the most under-rated state.

Awesome bucks!

01-Dec-14

Gonzo's embedded Photo
Gonzo's embedded Photo
Ghostbird - I have 7 bucks left that 3 are exceptional now and the other 3 will be by next fall but alas I only have 80 acres and all the neighbors hunt but don't seem to have the resolve to let a smaller deer go to await something better. I passed several 3.5 year old deer trying to get these specific deer. The wide 8 pointer I have more history than I realized with when I found he is the buck I shot with my bow on Veterans day high in the back due to not following protocol of bending at the waist when shooting from an elevated position. Here are photos of the entrance and exits from that arrow...

I just realized I shot this wide buck on 2 different fall holidays and the other one on another fall Holiday...

01-Dec-14

Gonzo's embedded Photo
Gonzo's embedded Photo
Exit...

01-Dec-14
3 great bucks regardless of weapon. Congrats on 3 super bucks!

01-Dec-14
gulfcoast - NE part of the state.

Sage Buffalo - you are correct butthat is Ok...

Tall 1 - Thanks - we had a plan and it worked out this year.

12-Dec-14
Gonzo, you are doing something right. Do tell. What make your 80 acres so spectacular when your neighbors do practice any type of QDM? BC

12-Dec-14
Hmmm....

80 acres you say?

No qdm in the area?

And you kill three Bucks of that caliber in one season?

All I can say is wow.

What did you kill last year?

12-Dec-14
Great deer! All of them.

Wow - great that you got the same 8 that you shot earlier!

12-Dec-14
Congrats Gonzo. Great deer.

Oklahoma is a horrible place to deer hunt. You guys will be better served hunting someplace else. :-)

12-Dec-14
I guess the terrain and the acorns make our spot well liked by the deer. Ridges, hollows, creek bottoms, white oak, red oak, post oak, black jack oak, thickets, thermal cover with cedars and pine thickets, a waterhole and a great clover plot of about 1/2 acre or a bit more...

12-Dec-14
We didn't own this land a year ago and this was our first time hunting it.

As far as the neighbors they are more opportunist hunters than the up early and sit in trees hunters I think...

I hear you stinkbait ;)

• Sitka Gear