Outdoorsdude 03-Dec-14
IdyllwildArcher 03-Dec-14
Keywadin 03-Dec-14
writer 05-Dec-14
No Mercy 05-Dec-14
Zebow 05-Dec-14
Bou'bound 06-Dec-14
28-Nov-14
There are a lot of skunks in my neighborhood. They always keep spraying on my dog. I wanted to end it once and for all. Can someone please help me what can I use as bait to attract a skunk.

28-Nov-14
Catfood works

28-Nov-14
Something that smells "fishy".

28-Nov-14
Sardines

28-Nov-14

zacharyt130's Link
Skunks are fond of beetles and guard honey bee

28-Nov-14
Crackling s

28-Nov-14
Another Skunk?......Just joking.

I have used Sardines (smell factor)and a nice white egg in the Live Trap...seemed to work. You may catch a bunch of cats as well along with the odd Raccoon if they are around.

28-Nov-14
what's the plan once you trap it? I'd use one of those traps that crushes the body (conibear I believe) that way you won't have to deal with a live one........cat food or sardines is a good bait.

28-Nov-14
They also love Cheetos. That's what we use so you don't attract a bunch of cats and whatnot.

28-Nov-14
R u serious about it?

I trap a lot here in oklahoma. #1- 1 1/2 steel trap and kill pole. Very easy dispatch odor free method. Look up mark june skunk trapping and pcsoutdoors "skunk stick". Works like as charm.

Or, if you dont mind the smell, 22 to the head.

28-Nov-14
Deer liver

28-Nov-14
Whoops forgot to put my bait, lol.

Jack or chubby mackerel is great. Comes in a 12 ounce can and is cheaper than anything else for that quantity.

28-Nov-14

28-Nov-14
Chicken bones is the ultimate IMO. After you eat chicken toss em in a live trap no skunk or coon can resist. Works every time. When I lived at home my dad got 33 in one year one time. Plus you're tossing them anyways!

28-Nov-14
Dry dog food works great in my area in a live trap. Have used left over table scraps and stuff before without much luck. I use my live trap behind my fence a couple times a year. If they are out and about you will catch them pretty fast.

28-Nov-14
KFC chicken bones or empty tuna can or sardine can.

28-Nov-14
Maybe you should just get a smarter dog! If the dumb SOB can't figure it out on the first try..............Just saying.

28-Nov-14
I caught one way back when with a dead blackbird in a live trap on our deer lease, dispatched it with a .243 from close range, bullet hit the wire on the cage before it hit the skunk, had to literally pour it out of the trap.

28-Nov-14
I have had good success using an egg, keeps most of your non-target species away and catches your skunk, they can't pass up an egg. Good luck!

28-Nov-14
The fact that your dog is getting sprayed on a regular basis may mean he is actually doing his job...

We have two great pyrenees that constantly come up (((skunked))) and it wasnt long before I figured out that they are really awesome skunk killing machines. when I smell it on them, I know there's one more dead skunk somewhere I dont have to screw with.

29-Nov-14
I did a lot of nuisance trapping for skunks in town. Caught 35 in one small town one summer. All the baits above will catch skunks, but the problem you'll have is the cats will clog up your traps long before the skunks come out to play. Use Vanilla Wafers. Rarely do cats bother with them, but skunks LOVE them. I have caught literally hundreds of skunks on vanilla wafers. Cover your trap with a cardboard box or a tarp. You can walk up and pick the trap up and put it in your truck and take it wherever, just make sure it's legal to move it and dispatch it. Most places it's illegal to move it and release it.

29-Nov-14
ripened, chopped up into big chunks road kill of rabbit, squirrel, groundhog...also catches foxes, house cats, dogs, raccoons, coyotes and possums.

30-Nov-14
I tried the pantyhose trick, my x-wife's and I didn't even have to put in any bait .... killed it dead. Some potent pantyhose I guess....lol

Best thing is Put Feed Out for them at someone else house/property! ..."Fly Dope" (if that is the correct term) works well on coons and skunks .... but NOT GOOD around "pets" or children, etc. BE VERY CAREFUL!!

02-Dec-14
The wife's uncle trapped skunks and after the catch he would cover the trap with a small tarp and carry it to the pond and throw it in. No smell that way

02-Dec-14
What james said always worked good for me.They use to be worth some good money inthe seventys not so much now.

02-Dec-14
Peanut butter works great. If you use peanut butter you will avoid catching cats.

02-Dec-14
Best skunk bait ive found is one egg,some stinky cheese and a piece of bread with jam and peanut butter.

02-Dec-14
A sexy female skunk! Mike

02-Dec-14
I livetrap a ton of skunks every year as I own a wildlife control company. Raw eggs work broken in your trap, yes even Cheetos will work. The best concoction ive found is one broken raw egg and one cut up hot dog.

what sort of trap are you using?

michael

02-Dec-14
Tuna.....PERIOD!

02-Dec-14
Skunks don't bother me and I don't bother them. Most dogs react to getting hit by a skunk once the way nature intended - they stay the heck out of the way in future.

02-Dec-14
Get a black cat and paint a white stripe down her back. Always worked for Pepe LePew.

02-Dec-14
HERM! You are BAAAAD man! ; - )

02-Dec-14

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo
Deer carcass actually trying for coyote and fox

02-Dec-14

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo
Deer carcass actually trying for coyote and fox Bottoms up

02-Dec-14

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo
Deer carcass actually trying for coyote and fox Bottoms up and another

02-Dec-14

Bear's embedded Photo
Bear's embedded Photo
My target

03-Dec-14
Believe it or not: marshmallows. You can even pinch them into 1/3rds and create a trail to the trap. The only other critter that will follow the trail is a Coon. Winner either way!

03-Dec-14
Why wouldn't you want to catch cats?

03-Dec-14
My animal guy told me they can't resist rice crispy treats.

05-Dec-14
Hey, I can't resist rice crispy treats!

05-Dec-14
I used to use an egg, with a cotton ball soaked in Anise Oil. No cats and the skunks and coons love it!

05-Dec-14
Raw Eggs

06-Dec-14
i think tink's makes a skunk scent you may want to try that

• Sitka Gear