Aggieland 04-Dec-14
Mule Power 04-Dec-14
kidwalker 04-Dec-14
wildwilderness 04-Dec-14
Aggieland 04-Dec-14
mixed bag 04-Dec-14
Mule Power 05-Dec-14
03-Dec-14
Just got email that 40 mile is booked and there are no 1st time hunters slots available. Plan B.

03-Dec-14
Plan B could involve phone calls to:

Quicksilver,

Papa Bear, or

Golden Eagle

03-Dec-14
Ouch... I got lucky and was the first to get a caribou reservation with 40 mile. We fly into the bush on the 4th... woohoo. Apparently the caribou hunts have taken over as the most popular hunts with 40 mile. Hopefully this time I can spend more than 24 hours in the field. Ed F

03-Dec-14
That's a surprise! I spoke with Jessica not tooo long ago and she said don't worry about calling on the 1st. She said there will be slots on their schedule available after the 15th. Huh.

Glad I didn't count on that and got my plans set in stone already.

03-Dec-14
Best of luck Ed! Glad you are going and can't wait to hear about the hunt.

03-Dec-14
Man that sucks. Guess my group is going to have to make some new plans.... : (

03-Dec-14
Mule, if you are flying with 40, you'll have to drive through Delta to get back to FBX, assuming you are driving to Tok when you get here... If not its really not a long drive all things considered :)

04-Dec-14
Any other outfitters in this area you guys suggest. All bow hunters in our group of 3 and its our first trip hunting alaska. Looking for air service not outfitted or guided..

04-Dec-14
Aggie,

See wilds post above. Several options for the north slope as well or out of Kotz possibly.

04-Dec-14
Mule who did you decide to use?

04-Dec-14
If I told you that I'd have to kill you. lol

But I can tell you of another guy out of Tok. Try Zack at Tok Air. He used to fly for 40 Mile. He's small. Only on his own for three years now. But he's filling fast too so I'd get on that.

04-Dec-14
Too funny. I tried 40 mile 3 years in a row and they were booked full of repeat client every time by the time I got through to them.Zack will treat you well.

04-Dec-14
I went out of Kotz with Jared at Golden Eagle. he has comparable rates for caribou and will get you on the herd. you can also opt for hourly rates, but if you go early they are way out there.

04-Dec-14
Should be fun. I just got booked as well.

04-Dec-14
mule power,when does our flight service need their $$$$.

05-Dec-14
PM sent. After the draw results in late February.

• Sitka Gear