Labby 08-Dec-14
flyingbrass 08-Dec-14
razorsharp 08-Dec-14
Labby 08-Dec-14
t-roy 08-Dec-14
Pete In Fairbanks 09-Dec-14
flyingbrass 09-Dec-14
08-Dec-14
Is it possible to get game meat packaged and frozen in Deadhorse before the trip mack to Anchorage?

08-Dec-14
I think probably not. What about in anchorage. What is the turn around time for getting meat packaged, frozen and packaged? Wanting to avoid extended stay in Anchorage.

08-Dec-14
Not sure on Deadhorse but it depends on how busy the butcher is.

We were able to get about 300 lbs of moose cut and frozen in Fairbanks under 24 hours. It took a few Pizza's but they got it done for our flight. It was pure luck however.

08-Dec-14
None in dead horse that I know of. Dead horse is more of a truck stop than anything.

08-Dec-14
There used to be a guy who would transport a full moose quartered and put on a pallet from AK. He made several stops in his reefer semi on his way back to states. Was very fair I think 400 bucks for a pallet load. His name is mike. Pm me I have his contact info

08-Dec-14
there is almost nothing in dead horse, if you are asking this question it means you haven't done your homework. You will probably have much bigger problems than this since you have to ask about meat. Please don't let me hurt your feelings by saying this, I'm just giving you a wake up call. You are probably a great hunter. You can't even buy groceries in dead horse! not even a gallon of cooking oil or crisco. you can buy a coke, shirt, gloves and stuff bit many things just aren't available. Its the end of the world. Please ask all your other questions so you can get them answered and there won't be any surprises.

08-Dec-14
That IS what I am doing... homework....

08-Dec-14
If you make it to prudoe bay stop in the work camps. They will feed you in the mess camps for 10 to 15 bucks a guy. The one we would go to would give you a brown paper sack to fill up on sandwiches and other food. Better than a 711 or kwik trip. Really treated us well. Can't remember the name but it was down the block from the napa. Nothing much in prudo bay either. But they got gas

08-Dec-14
PM sent

09-Dec-14
Odd as it may seem, Deadhorse (Prudhoe Bay) is NOT the center of the universe when it comes to shopping and services!

Pete

09-Dec-14
ok, there are no processors in Deadhorse.

• Sitka Gear