Buffalo1 16-Jan-15
bghunter 16-Jan-15
gulfcoast 16-Jan-15
Bobbin hood 16-Jan-15
gulfcoast 16-Jan-15
sundowner 17-Jan-15
sundowner 17-Jan-15
12-Dec-14
My buddies and I have gone on 2 hog hunts many years ago. We are hoping to go again. I was surprised by the number of places that are offering hunts now. I'd be looking for something in the eastern part of the states. We don't have a load of money to drop. I was hoping some people on here might have some suggestions of affordable places to go. I might even be able to talk my buddies into a diy hunt. (that'll be a hard sell) they're getting up in age and a little cranky at times. I'd like to do something like this with them at least one more time before they aren't able to do it. This will be a bow hunt. No dogs. Either spot and stalk or stand. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

12-Dec-14
How about a bit of a price range? Any limit to how far from Pa you want to drive?

12-Dec-14
check with ken moody in Tenessee

12-Dec-14
If you want to have a fun camp and bring home some bacon, call Ken Moody.

12-Dec-14
Tusk-N-Tines in southern Ohio

12-Dec-14

Neb_Bowhuntin''s Link
Check out HUNTERS CREEK RANCH in north Texas! Bob has just what you are looking for. We are headed back there in Feb for my 4th yr. For only $275/day you get 2 hogs and 3 meals a day!! They have a "low fence" area as well as THOUSANDS of acres of free range area to hunt! Set up well for bow hunters!!

I've hunted a couple other ranches in Texas and Oklahoma..and this place rates at. The top!!!

PM me for more info...

Shoot Str8 and Stay Safe

Jeff

12-Dec-14
"I'd be looking for something in the eastern part of the states."

"Check out HUNTERS CREEK RANCH in north Texas"

lol

13-Dec-14
Well it's sorta east kinda. Maybe their located in east Texas LOL Go talk to Ken Moody our last two trips there was spot and stalk.

15-Dec-14
thanks for the info.

20-Dec-14
Well he said "AFFORDABLE" ...take the money you save and head to HUNTERS CREEK RANCH in NORTHEAST TEXAS...Even with the drive..well worth it!! 1 boar $750? In Tennessee ? Doesn't sound affordable to me..but hey..I'm just a low paid firefighter!

Shoot Str8 and Stay Safe!! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Jeff

20-Dec-14
Look at Hog Haven in WV

20-Dec-14
"Affordable" is a relative word. What is "chump change" to one may be a "fortune" to another.

20-Dec-14
state land and wma area shere have hogs. (sc) check out Francis marion national forest in berkeley county along the santee river in sc, It wount be hard to find a piggy there. wwwdnrsc.gov

20-Dec-14
"We don't have a load of money to drop".. Key phrase leading to "AFFORDABLE". Not "chump" change. All where you put the Quotations I guess??!!

Merry Christmas

Shoot Str8 and Stay safe

Jeff

21-Dec-14
every hog hunt is affordable. there are no expensive hog hunts.

21-Dec-14
yep bou when guys spend $6500 to sit in a tree to see a whitetail And think nothing of it

23-Dec-14
well fellas, you pretty much get what you pay for....

23-Dec-14
For one sheep hunt you could go hog hunting a couple times a year until you died.

23-Dec-14
Thanks again guys.

23-Dec-14
Are you talking about *hunting* (free range) or just shooting high fenced farm pigs? There's a big difference.

23-Dec-14
I have hunted high fence plenty of times and saw no pigs JRW

29-Dec-14
I hunt in Estill, SC at Hog Heaven, fair chase, I prefer no bait so I hunt the far side of the property. this guy is traditional only but there are others there,,, SC is the place to be for wild hogs and no fences!

29-Dec-14
I live in SC and go to Texas every March full moon to hunt feral hogs. Nothing like spot and stalk on hogs in cactus at night.

29-Dec-14
Sundowner

Ever run into illegals at night in Texas or are you hunting away from the border. I think I would be pretty freeked out hunting at night on the border if the news reports are even close to right.

29-Dec-14
kk,

I do hunt near the border and have run into illegals only twice in more than a dozen 5-day hog hunts. Both times they ran away from me at the expense of hitting pear cactus in the dark.

They really do not want an encounter with anyone, and although always armed, I would rather not get in their way.

29-Dec-14

15-Jan-15
we are going to Extreme Bowhunting, Brackenville, Tx in March. 2 days with lodging, stands & up to 4 hogs any size $350. has good reviews.

16-Jan-15
ahunter55

Is Extreme Bowhunters the old property of Bowhunters Paradise that was located around Brackettville?

16-Jan-15
I believe it is the old bowhunters paradise.

16-Jan-15
I'm not sure but think it is. I spoke with a young fella named Caleb.. Someone on Tx Bowhunter said it used to be BH Paradise. Yes, Brackettville not bracken.

16-Jan-15
Ahunter55,

Gonna have to take the penalty of -5 for mispelled word for town.

Good luck on your hunt and looking forward to your thread about your hunt.

16-Jan-15
Based on the photos I saw and hunting at the old bhp it is the old bhp. Have fun love Texas hunting

16-Jan-15
Killed a lot of hogs off that place with my buddies, including some real monsters. That was when jim had it 6 or 7 yeats ago. Back when I lived in texas. It was some tough rugged country.

16-Jan-15
If anybody is interested? I have the phone number of a rancher/farmer located in Vernon,Tx who will let you shoot ALL the hogs you want for a daily fee. I spoke to him on Wd. night and he had just trapped 30 in one set! You don't pay per hog, he wants them GONE! If anyone one is interested just drop me a line and give ya the number! Have a Good One!

16-Jan-15
Sundowner,

Where were you hunting? I hunted in Chihuahua tx, just south of Zapata on 83 for 18 years. Saw lots of illegals, lots of encounters with border patrol and other law enforcement. Many storys.

When i was about 16, i Saw a whole family, 12-15 people, opening afternoon of rifleseason walk through the neighbors pasture... I remember thinking " what are all those idiots doing walking around in their pasture in plain clothes opening day of gun season??" An hour later, the border patrol helli came in, circled our 300 acres about 20 times and left. Just about the time it disappeared, 2 border patrol ford explorers turned onto my sendero, drove up to my stand, and started to interrogate me. "What does it look like im doing here??? Its opening day of freaking hunting season!!! It scared the crap out of me.

Ive found blankets, extinguished campfires, human poop, diapers, rancid food, etc in the blinds. One guy I took down there crawled up to the gun box before daylight one morning while we were hog hunting, found a half naked old mexicano man sound asleep in there. He was long gone when bp got there. Had one illegal guy who showed up and never left. Land owner let him stay as long as he worked and took care of the place. He got picked up eventually.

South texas close to the border was hunting paradise but a very wild place.

17-Jan-15
gulfcoast,

We hunt on the Callaghan Ranch.

17-Jan-15

• Sitka Gear