Ole Coyote 18-Dec-14
TD 18-Dec-14
Bowfreak 18-Dec-14
Charlie Rehor 18-Dec-14
Ace 18-Dec-14
Bear Track 14-Feb-15
Reflex 15-Feb-15
15-Dec-14
I'm booked on an elk hunt early Sept. and my good lady is coming on a road trip with me. I have not been able to convince her to hunt elk also. To get to Colorado from Manitoba, we have to pass through Wyoming and don't ya know it, archery season will be on for those great animals the pronghorn. While we're passing through, to pass up the opportunity to me, seems foolish. So tonight while I'm helping her baking Christmas goodies, I'm going to casually mention maybe a slight detour on our way to Colorado.

I need help on this one.

15-Dec-14
Oh let's see Ron, Devils Tower, Sheridan, Buffalo, do I need to say more. Great places to visit and see, shopping galore. Oh, the speed goats, his and her hunt. She will really enjoy those places, plenty to see and do. There was this hotel I visited in Sheridan that has a open mike night every Saturday, old time country and bluegrass music,it was a blast!

16-Dec-14
Not a problem.

Look at all the money you're saving by doing it on the same trip!

She might like goatalopes...usually warm, sit in a blind and read and drink beverages and enjoy snacks.

Seriously, it is just increasing the amount of time you guys can spend together away from home.

16-Dec-14
DO NOT...mention rattle snakes in ground blinds.

16-Dec-14
Leave her at home. Women don't belong in the woods.

16-Dec-14
Pronghorn to live in the woods

16-Dec-14
Ron, make a stop in the Black Hills of SD on your way through! Lots for your lady to do and see. Mt Rushmore obviously but several wineries, amazing scenery, beautiful weather, etc. After a day of all that she'll gladly let you shoot a pronghorn!

16-Dec-14
Ron, Sounds like a great plan and trip! Enjoy it all!

Mark

16-Dec-14
So last night came and went. I started telling her that last time we went to Wyoming antelope hunting we were rushed and we should have taken an extra day or so, and late August would fit in our plans if we left Manitoba a little earlier than our elk hunt would be starting. She agreed. So the ice has been broken on my plans. I'm moving in for the kill this evening cooking her favorite meal, marinated and barbequed deer chops. heck I even got my hair cut this morning. Talk about groveling! Both she and I will be hunting if it flies.

John, don't be messing with the snakes in the ground blind. I don't care for them either and have never heard of that happening.

16-Dec-14
Ron,

As Brotsky said above...you need to see Custer National Park and Mt. Rushmore. This is a must do.

The rest is a piece of cake....you're a smooth talkin fella....you'll have no problem. After all, she wants you to be happy doesn't she? :)

SteveB

16-Dec-14
Oh Lord! The groveling continues. She asked if I'd go shopping with her tonight. I agreed to do something this man does not do!!!!

SteveB, smooth talking maybe, but we all know when we're walking on cornflakes.

16-Dec-14
Im glad u have enough hair to cut !!!

16-Dec-14

cityhunter's embedded Photo
cityhunter's embedded Photo
Lope are a blast doe tags only 34 plus lic and archery stamp buck tag i think is about 300 for nores My friend last day last hrs it worked out !!!

16-Dec-14
Tell her that hunts like this are the only way to keep your arrows stiff....

18-Dec-14
shopping? ain't worth it ;)

18-Dec-14
Shopping got me half way there. Now she's asked me to go out again tonight. Told her I was going to look for something for our son at nearby Cabellas and she thought that was so thoughtful. She's right!

18-Dec-14
White wine, candles, and a "just because" gift of jewelry

18-Dec-14
Boy! I'm not thinking here. It's Christmas and I just finished building her a new cabin. I should be telling her what I want for Christmas is a "Yes, let's go hunting dear!"

18-Dec-14
married 45 years trust me don't get married it is a very expensive way of life!

18-Dec-14
Couldn't help ya there.... I'm a kept man....

"Just a gigolo... and everywhere I go..."

18-Dec-14
Bear Track,

When this started I thought you were playing her. Me thinks Mrs. Bear Track might be the player. He He He!

18-Dec-14
Lopes are fun to hunt! I like to make them run REALLY fast! You will too!! Good luck on your lope hunt! C

18-Dec-14
Note to Mrs Bear Tracks, who is quite obviously reading this thread.

Ron will promise to clean all the bathrooms, and go shopping with you at least once per month between now and September, IF You agree to accompany him to Wyoming, and show him how to shoot one of those Speed Goats. He even promises you the first shot, and he's agreed to shoot a 'lope at least 1 inch smaller than yours (on the P&Y Scale). He will also agree to check the blind each day for snakes, carry the drinks and the snacks, and blood trail and gut you kills. He will drive the truck and stop at Tourist Attractions of your choice, up to 3 times per day on the way to Wyoming and Colorado.

He also promises a more liberal use of the words: "please" and Thank you". The phrase "Of course you're right Dear, you are always right" will be uttered once within the next six months at a time of his choosing.

In exchange for all this all you have to do is say: YES! (and sign below:)

X_____________________ (your name here)

(psst, how'd I do Ron?)

14-Feb-15
Holy smokes, my wish to put this hunt together and the planning got a wrench thrown into it. Both of our kids announced to us that they are both pregnant and due.... you guessed it, the end of August. And Jeannine ain't going to leave her babies when she's an expecting gramma. I know better than to mess with her maternal instinct, so knowing the babies will be well cared for without me here, my elk hunt is going ahead as planned but will fly there and drive a rental back if successful. Antelope will have to wait till next year and thanks for the advice.

We were in Vegas last week and though I did think of asking her if her plans could be changed, I thought a wiser plan would be to keep my mouth shut about her reconsidering.

15-Feb-15
Damn kids! Seriously though, congrats on your expected new additions. I'm sure Jeannine is excited to have a couple more grandkids running around! At least you still have the elk hunt to look forward to.

• Sitka Gear