Seed
Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
Grandpa Buck 15-Dec-14
Grandpa Buck 15-Dec-14
nutritionist 19-Dec-14
r-man 20-Dec-14
15-Dec-14
I'm already thinking about next years food plot. I haven't had one in a couple of years due to some health problems. My question is whether there are sources for round up ready seed in reasonable quantities such as corn, beans, turnips, and sugar beets.

Thanks Guys Grandpa Buck Michigan

15-Dec-14
Hi Pat;

While searching for seed companies, I actually found a link to eBay and a guy in Michigan had some RR sugar beet seed. When I tried to make contact he was sold out. Maybe in the spring you can check eBay.

By reasonable quantity, I mean approx. 15-25#

Thanks

19-Dec-14
This came up again today. I get calls all the time on roundup ready products. They are less and less for many reasons. Number one, there are only a handful of growers of most popular food plot products as it is. The cost for tech fees and government regulations is cost prohibited. Heck, there is even very few seed companies willing to go the route of roundup ready alfalfa and we are talking millions of acres. The risk of "cross contamination" is a huge consideration....PLUS, you can't mix roundup ready seed with ANYTHING and resell it. It has to stay in the original bag.

That being said....there is tons of chemicals that can be used either preemerge or post emerge that work. So, many people overlook preemerge chemical application.

If one has healthy soil and practices good agronomics, one won't have as many weeds to worry about. It is the reason i'm writing my book called from soil to success. There can be effective cropping without chemical use or with limited chemical use.

If organic farmers can produce forages and grains without chemicals, so can we.

This is reason #1 why i double and sometimes triple crop my food plots and practice plot rotation. The concepts are simple...so darn simple that if i can do it, so can you.

20-Dec-14
I get mine from clemson univercity, the sell 1/8oz to the 1 lb, turnips collards beets raddish ruttabegger what ever.

• Sitka Gear