TurkeyBowMaster 17-Dec-14
richt1945 17-Dec-14
nutritionist 19-Dec-14
richt1945 22-Dec-14
South Farm 22-Dec-14
Fuzzy 22-Dec-14
TurkeyBowMaster 22-Dec-14
16-Dec-14
Midwest whitetail had a show on small kill patches back away from the large fields and tucked away in the thickets. The actually were killing some monsters in those little fields. I've planted those small patches for years and only seen one nice buck on those little fields. Bucks down here avoid them .

16-Dec-14
I think it would have to do with Winke's overall land management. He's got massive acreage with big plots, bedding, timber improvement etc. way too many ingredients to mention other than the kill plot. A person can't just plant the kill plot, it needs all the other ingredients to be successful. Something the majority of us just don't have access to.

Kind of like trying to make the perfect home-made Turkey gravy. You can't make just the gravy, you're going to have to start with making a bird, than using the drippings and then you can finally make gravy.

16-Dec-14

16-Dec-14
He's a better hunter than you ???

16-Dec-14
I believe...not sure, but 99% sure he is the one that came down here and left skunked and asking how we ever even kill a doe..so no chance he is a better hunter...now where close. Just hunts easier deer in better places. Our deer just sence dangerous places and stay away from those places....Small patches are like dark alleyways, deer avoid them. Most successful outfitters have a 3 acre minimum on deer fields...and they don't walk around in them leaving scent everywhere to up the odds.

16-Dec-14
I kinda doubt that Steve. Youre having a tough time coming up with quality nonsense lately. Put your mind to it. You can do better.

16-Dec-14
" now where close "

Oh, ok.........

17-Dec-14
LOL, TBM sounds like a jealous little girl. Your pot stirring is way below standard this time. Start your own show so we can watch you explain your craziness to everyone. Stann Potts would look sane then.

17-Dec-14
Just stating the facts...Small plots don't yield a lot of big buck opportunities. The mid west style of hunting...getting 15 to 18 feet high don't yield results on deer of any size down here in the south in the late season when there is no leaves..especially when you are 6'4" like winkee. He knows there is a difference, that's the reason he tried to get guys from the south on here he show and guys in my he mountains etc.. to show the different ways it takes to kill the different deer. I think those mountain deer would prropose a challenge too.

17-Dec-14
maybe your food plots suck

19-Dec-14

nutritionist's DeerBuilder embedded Photo
nutritionist's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

A buddy of mine who writes for deer and deer hunting wrote an article on kill plots titles a man and his rake. It was in the 2013 Mathews edition. I have a mix that i dubbed sweet retreat that has a blend of shade tolerant clovers, some high sugar ryegrass, a fast growing rape and the high sugar fast growing brassica i love.

I'll once again be doing trials on it. Ill have in a inner woods opening that huge bucks frequent. I'll put on an old loggers trial and i'll also have it on some woods and field edges. Look for pics.

Here is a kill plot picture from this year.

22-Dec-14
25% Select Harvest™ Brand Alsike White Clover 20% ProVest™ 990 Elite Brand Red Clover 15% Select Harvest™ Brand Ladino White Clover 15% Select Harvest™ Brand Dutch White Clover 10% ProVest™ Brand Tetraploid Annual Ryegrass 10% ProVest™ Brand High Sugar Perennial Ryegrass 5% Select Harvest™ Brand Chicory

22-Dec-14
I don't think it's so much your plots as it is the fact that there's only a couple really big bucks in all of Alabama. I know up here we got 10,000 beautiful lakes but just try catching a largemouth over 10#! It's all in what you got to begin with I suspect.

22-Dec-14

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo

22-Dec-14
It's just that they are smart enough to know what puts them in jeopardy.... they know those small fields are a dark alleyway.

• Sitka Gear