Franzen 18-Dec-14
Limb Bender 18-Dec-14
Shrewski 20-Dec-14
Shrewski 20-Dec-14
Dirty D 20-Dec-14
Medicinemann 20-Dec-14
arctichill 20-Dec-14
16-Dec-14
A few years ago I bought this book and read it. It is certainly a classic even though it's fairly new. I'm reading it again and it's just such a breath of fresh air. Mike mitten is a wonderful writer and even better hunter. For a man to kill the animals he has with trad gear is a feat in itself. But aside from the hunting, the book is a masterpiece of sorts. It's about hunting but the real mission is the fact that a man can find himself in the wilderness all alone and appreciate all he has. Mike mitten to me, is the closet thing we have to the late Paul Schaffer . I'm sure mike would never say that about himself, he seems extremely humble as was Paul from what I read. Do yourself a favor if you have not already done so and get a copy of this book. Makes a great stocking gift. Hint to the wife. If this book does not stir your soul, well, you don't have one. Merry Christmas to all!

16-Dec-14
Limb Bender: I don't know if you saw the Christmas Spirit post or not But Mike offered to give copies of his book to the quickest responders to his post. I guess I was one of those because I now have his Book as Mike has graciously sent it to me. I just started reading it and although we live a long way from one another I feel I have a lot in common with him. I'm sure I am not the only one who gets this feeling when they read his book. So far I have really enjoyed the reading of this book. My life is extremely hectic right now and I find myself looking for ways to find time to read this book. Great Book and I agree it is a great Christmas present. Thank you Mike Mitten.

16-Dec-14
Yeh I love the story about the moose mauling his friend on a hunt in Alaska!

16-Dec-14
Mike is an original and one of the best. I think I was sore just from reading about that AK moose pack out.

16-Dec-14
It's a great book. I've read it several times.

17-Dec-14
This book never gets old no matter how many times I read it. Great work, incredible inspiration within.

17-Dec-14
The tick exodus from the cooling bear carcass stuck with me. Great book.

17-Dec-14
Those who truly are ingrained with this passion will have a great appreciation for it.

17-Dec-14
I just bought it. I'm really looking forward to it, but I think I might save it until seasons are over.

17-Dec-14
Limb Bender +2. Although I don't know Mike and read of Paul's exploits and his outlook, I think you hit the nail on the head.

I have the book also and it is mandatory to have in any archers library.

17-Dec-14
OK you guys have set the hook, I'm putting it on my Christmas list!

Best Wishes, Jeff

17-Dec-14
You will not be sorry!

17-Dec-14
Just got my order in! Thanks for the reminder! C

17-Dec-14
If you take your time while reading and think about what Mike presents in OWTW, you can learn a ton.

17-Dec-14
I am only a couple of chapters into the book and I can already tell it is going to be good reading.

Thanks Mike!

17-Dec-14
Btw, I received everything you were sending me the other day Mike. Thanks again!

17-Dec-14
I can only find it in hard cover, does it come in softcover? I'm not much on reading but have been wanting a good hunting book to read this sounds like the one.

17-Dec-14
I think it only comes in hard cover. It's a beautiful book with some great pics. Even if you are not a reader, you will be one for this book at least.

17-Dec-14
Great book!

17-Dec-14

17-Dec-14
One of my favorites!

17-Dec-14
A Classic book by a classy killer!

Nicely done Mike!

Mark

17-Dec-14
Limbender thanks

17-Dec-14
City i know you will enjoy this book for sure.

18-Dec-14
One of the best books I've read and very inspiring. I too have never met Mike but I can attest to him being a class act also. I planned to buy the book for my best friend and hunting partner's birthday. Shortly before his 36th birthday, I found out my friend was diagnosed with leukemia. I contacted Mike to order the book for him and gave him the address to the hospital where it was to be shipped.

Mike wrote a lengthy personal message inside the front cover. I have never seen this note Mike wrote, but the book & message inspired my friend to continue to fight for his life and plan new adventures with me throughout his chemo and stay in the hospital. After chemo was done he found the strength to join me for 7 days on an elk hunt. I dropped my friend off at the airport to return home while I continued on with my hunt. 19 days later my friend passed away. Mike & his book will always mean something special too me and someday I hope to thank him personally for sharing his story.

18-Dec-14
Awsome book! I got a nice suprise when I ordered mine, 2 actually, he personalized it and signed it! Then included 2 dollars with a note that said I overpaid...apparently I paid the international rate for shipping and over paid $2 and had no clue until I got the book with the note and $2 in it! Class act for sure! MY favorite hunting book so far. I love the story about the trip to hunt Mulies where he never even drew his bow...the epitome of a truly dedicated and passionate bow hunter. Youwon't be disappointed.

18-Dec-14
Any suggestions on where to order it from (I checked Amazon and it was 75.00).

18-Dec-14
I can echo what everyone has said. I have talked to Mike a couple times a true class act and passionate hunter, An Excellent book!

18-Dec-14

Franzen's Link
Here is a link to the Brothers of the Bow website where Mike's book is sold directly much cheaper than Amazon.

Btw, if you are in the U.S. or Canada (I think) pick the "add to cart" on the left.

18-Dec-14
Thanks franzen!

20-Dec-14

Shrewski's embedded Photo
Shrewski's embedded Photo
Mike did a limited edition of 100 books of his first printing. I was lucky enough to get #99. I keep that one in the safe but have read my standard edition many times. I pick up something new from it every time.

20-Dec-14
AND

I am so happy because I just realized I can load in photos from my iPhone! Miss a little miss a lot -- hah!

20-Dec-14
Guys talked me into it also, looking forward to it!

Thanks.

20-Dec-14
I had to replace my credit card a couple months ago....when I entered my new credit card info, it wouldn't accept it....and I don't use paypal.... Darn....

20-Dec-14

arctichill's Link
A few years ago Mike helped out the United Bowhunters of New Mexico with a bunch of signed copies we were selling at a show. I think we still have a few left. They can be purchased at the embedded link. We also have the Primal Dreams video made by Mike and the Wensel brothers. It's a spectacular video and a great compliment to the book. The two together makes for a great Christmas gift.

• Sitka Gear