ahunter55 18-Dec-14
Zebrakiller 19-Dec-14
kellyharris 19-Dec-14
RANGER765 19-Dec-14
JRW 19-Dec-14
tonyo6302 19-Dec-14
Rayzor 20-Dec-14
17-Dec-14
Any recommendations for a quality hog/exotic hunt in the Upper Midwest (we are based in MN and ND)? Thinking about a bachelor party hunt in late winter/early spring.

Thanks,

Greg

17-Dec-14
how far will you travel

17-Dec-14
North Star Gameland, Tama, Ia. & Scenic View ranch, Monona, Ia. Not sure if this is what your looking for. They have web page to look at.

17-Dec-14
As far as I know, no exotics in MN or WI. Closest is IA. There is a hog ranch or two in MN and in MI. Why not OK or TX? I've been to a few ranches and one was a bachelor party and we had a blast. Part of the fun is the drive and three/four people rotating is pretty easy. If you time your trip right so you don't drive through major cities during rush hour, there is no construction and you only stop to fill up gas, you can make it from the Twin Cities to San Antonio in 24 hours. One of my buddies and his wife went to North Star in IA, they never went back and none of us felt the desire to go. I've never been to Shilo Ranch in OK, but I'd like to and I've never seen a bad review. Its just that once you start shooting exotics you start to get selective and the stock changes from ranch year to year. But if this is your first exotic hunt, I'd definitely go to a bow hunting only ranch a pretty good mix of animals. We did most of our exotic hunting in the early 2000's and they are getting more expensive. You can PM me for recommendations, but its been 9 years since my last exotic hunt and some of the ranches are closed or have changed ownership, so not sure if I'll be any help in that regard.

18-Dec-14
I agree with knife2sharp, on most points, For the full experience of hunting exotics you can't beat Texas and I hunt texas alot, I can help you if you have any question and with a group of guys you can get some great deal, we use to fly down and hunt pigs all of the time but we love the meat and getting it all home was getting expensive, so now we just drive four hours to Iowa, per pig its more but in long run its not,If you can swing it get to Texas

18-Dec-14
Zebra-where you go in Ia.? Thinking about taking my 9 year old G-son. Headed for Tx. in March with son & 15 yr. old G-son in March.

19-Dec-14
yes northstar hunter, great family time, hope you have fun with the kids

19-Dec-14
Allensville, Ohio has a hog ranch that you can buy exotics to hunt also! Its called the Double D ranch.

19-Dec-14
Tusk-Tines in Ohio has the best hog hunting in the midwest. All pigs are pure bred russians... No farm pigs

19-Dec-14
Nothing free range, so you're pretty much paying to shoot livestock.

19-Dec-14
Kelly Harris,

I got to be honest with you. I was afraid to google "Double D Ranch" at work.

I am glad you were not kidding.

;^)

I might just have to pop up there and kill a high fence hog next time I go visit my Mama in western Kentucky. $525 aint bad for a high fence hog.

If I go, I still ain't telling my Mama I visited the "Double D Ranch" on the way to see her. She would not believe the truth.

Tony

20-Dec-14
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Shiloh. Hope to host another hunt there some day.

• Sitka Gear