BTM 20-Dec-14
trkytrack 20-Dec-14
bowbearman 20-Dec-14
smokey 20-Dec-14
HDE 20-Dec-14
19-Dec-14
yea thy pulled it in WY also

19-Dec-14
Wyoming Guided Wolf hunts went 10% harvest--Rifle....

So what is up with all these wolves are everywhere threads???

Send Us Your $$$ to fight the big bad wolf!! haha

Good luck, Robb

19-Dec-14
All I got is "WOW".

19-Dec-14
Robb,here in Minnesota they are everywhere. I've had two of them in my yard trying to catch a fawn. This was thirty feet from my house. Also,I've seen them in my field within 200 yards of the house. Neighbor to the west a half mile had one on his deck eating dog food. We don't want your money,just a chance to hunt and control the number's.

19-Dec-14
Gonehuntin is right, they are thick in MN. During rifle season here we saw exactly 0 deer but had 8 wolves hanging out in the cut near camp. Unfortunately nobody had a tag. I see them every single year. The moose sure are going to struggle even more now without a wolf hunt. This judge needs her ass kicked for sure. To call wolves endangered completely discredits the entire Endangered Species Act.

19-Dec-14
I'm not sure why people who live in one area, let people in another area, determine how they live. I never will understand that.

The day you let the feds and hippie freaks dictate your quality of life, is the day you officially become a slave. God Bless

19-Dec-14
My brother in law has a farm by Wadena, Mn. This year he got trail cam pics of wolves at his farm. I bet it won't be long now and they will be in Ottertail county.

19-Dec-14
They might as well put the upper peninsula's whitetail heard on the endangered list while they are at it. Asinine on so many levels.

19-Dec-14

CPAhunter's Link
We the sheeple.

We lost our country years ago :(

19-Dec-14
Fulldraw, I live about 20 miles northwest of Wadena, in Ottertail county. WV Mountaineer, we only let them dictate our lives,on paper. Common sense is still common around this area.

19-Dec-14
No offence razorhead but wisconsin never got a handle there are 3x as many wolves as they ever admitted and the quotes never allowed to even kill off the pups that where born that year!! They say there goal was 350 wolves and they admit there are 800-1200 wolves well our quota was 150 this year so I don't know where the DNR went to school but the 800-1200 wolves had more pups then 150 so how do you reduce the number to the 350 wolves they wanted when your producing more then your killing!!! Our wolf management/Problem is a joke!! The same goes with our deer between the DNR giving out unlimited tags for the last 10 year and the predators Wolves/Bears/Coyote/Bobcats being also out of control and limited tags pretty soon there will be nothing left to hunt here. Example. I have 9 Pref points for bobcat did not get a tag this year and there are more bobcats now then there has ever been. Bear is taking "Depending on what area you hunt" 3-8 years to get a tag!! Wolves 1500 tags quota 150.....Sounds like a money game!! TO say the least I'm frustrated with the WI DNR!! Honestly dont quote me on exact numbers but I'm pretty sure our wolf quota was half filled in the first 2 days...The DNR says its becasue people are getting to be better trappers and hunters...REALLY!!! Thats BS its casue there are 3x as many wolves then they admit!! Sorry for the rant!!

Aaron

19-Dec-14
So does this mean local authorities are no longer able to take action when a wolf is doing property damage? Say if a persons hunting dog was being attacked or something there abouts?

19-Dec-14
I have always said this: They can let us manage wolves. Or we can just manage wolves. If they let us manage wolves we have a plan which I agree to follow. For example in Montana that means a max of 5 per season. But if there is no management plan.... there is no limit. Take your pick anti hunters... rules or no rules. You think you are saving the wolves but instead you will get an opposite affect. THAT my friends is the ethical thing to do.

Careful what you wish for. On the bright side... it's cheaper when there aren't licenses for sale. ;-)

See the post from JTV!!!

19-Dec-14
Mule, perfect.

19-Dec-14
This just confirms what we all knew. The most damaging pack of wolves is in Washington. The hippies found a judge that will rule in their favor, where's the common sense?

20-Dec-14
I know a lot who load their own ammo but don't know any who presses a tag into the end.

20-Dec-14
Well said Mule power!!! Like someone said I don't know how someone thousands of miles away can make our local rules!!

20-Dec-14
Well said Mule power!!! Like someone said I don't know how someone thousands of miles away can make our local rules!!

20-Dec-14
The truly sad thing that these serial litigants have done is the damage they created for the ESA. What state will allow any sort of re introduction following this crap. It proves there's no amount of trust coming out of those camps.

20-Dec-14
The problem is the anti's have invaded our fish and game departments to so thats i'm sure how they get this stuff through like the reintroduction. Wolves were on the endangered species list for a reason long ago cause of exactly what is happening now!! Do you think ranchers and farms in the old days put up with wolves killing there livestock, deer, or elk no that was there living or the way they fed there families they just killed them by shooting, trapping, poisoning etc. whatever it took to get rid of them. Don't quote me but I think it was Theodore Roesevelt said ranchers and wolves cant co-exist? He was the king of conservationist.

Aaron

20-Dec-14
Get busy fellas. Like Mule said, make it happen regardless of what idiot says no. The future of hunting really does depend on it. And play to win. God Bless

20-Dec-14
I don't like this either. The Judge has no idea about management of wildlife. The ESA needs reform since when a species reaches the stated goal it does not say the species will automatically delisted but it should be.

Bowbearman, are you saying there are 3600 wolves? (3x1200=3600). The 350 is not the goal for maximum wolf population, only the goal for its recovery. Also there is high mortality in wolf pups.

20-Dec-14
The real root cause ot the American Civil War was not slavery...Although ending that barbaric issue was necessary...but state's rights...just sayin'.......

20-Dec-14
"The most damaging pack of wolves is in Washington."

Amen, Brotsky!

20-Dec-14
The craziest part about all this is the aholes filing the lawsuits are making money from it. The laws need to be revisited on this. SSS.

20-Dec-14
I surely cant say how many wolves are here for sure but I know damn well there are way more then they admit when they are killing as many as they did in the short peroid of time they did something isnt right as I said "don't quote my numbers" plus when you start seeing them and alot of them they are thick!! If 350 is there goal for recovery why do we have 800-1200 in the state then? The DNR is surely going ot be upset when the Deer licc sale go down again next year cause nobody seen and or very few deer in northern WI but thats what it will take when it the DNR starts loosing money that will be the only time they will open there eyes!! As far as high pup mortality rate I so understand that but we also have a high fawn mortality rate also due to predators and I'm sorry but the deer make money to the DNR, Locals, Guides, Bar Owners, and most importantly feed families Etc. All the wolves do is cost money!! Don't get me wrong I dont mind some wolves around but they need to be in control and right now they are out of control!!

Aaron

20-Dec-14
Bowbearman, I agree.

20-Dec-14
"...we only let them dictate our lives, on paper. Common sense is still common around this area."

Well said. They only have as much power as we let them...

A Federal Judge is still a servant of the state. They cannot consume you with fireballs from their eyes.

• Sitka Gear