Contributors to this thread:
wkochevar 21-Dec-14
BOWNUT 21-Dec-14
PAOH 21-Dec-14
Charlie Rehor 21-Dec-14
wkochevar 21-Dec-14
drycreek 21-Dec-14
21-Dec-14
What mobile weather apps are everyone using? It seems most are fairly unreliable especially when it comes to wind direction for my purposes. I can't tell you how many times I've chosen a stand based on a predicted wind direction just to find out it's all wrong after the wind picks up. I have used Accu mostly due to it's ability to at least provide weather conditions close to my area but find it unreliable. Thoughts, opinions? Thanks, Kip

21-Dec-14
I like weather bug.

21-Dec-14
Mossy oak scout look

21-Dec-14
Scoutlook gives me wind direction and speed for my location or a stand location loaded on my app. For example I know the wind direction at stand 42b in NW Illinois right now and for the next 72 hours even though I am in Rhode Island. I use this app through out the day while hunting and planning my stand selection.

Primos Wind is good too for wind direction! Good luck! C

21-Dec-14
I understand local conditions are only as good as the closest weather station...I just don't get how inconsistent it can be when you're only 6-7 miles away and it's flat open high plains terrain. I guess that's why meteorology is the best job you can have...people expect you to wrong! Thanks for the info...I think I'll check out scoutlook Kip

21-Dec-14
Weatherbug , the Weather Channel, and Scoutlook. Check all three to see how they compare. One I've added lately is Wind Compass. Think I like it best but I have only had it for a couple months.

• Sitka Gear