venisonjunky 22-Dec-14
DC 22-Dec-14
TurkeyBowMaster 22-Dec-14
venisonjunky 23-Dec-14
Florida Mike 23-Dec-14
Dwayne 23-Dec-14
21-Dec-14

DC's Link
Check out this "MASSIVE ALABAMA BUCK" Must see to the end!!! Hope you enjoy!

21-Dec-14
Classic "Hamblaster"......WOW

21-Dec-14
Hide the spike but leave the balls hanging out...only in bama...lol

21-Dec-14

21-Dec-14
TBM.s relative he did a ham blaster ! How come he didn't gut deer ?

21-Dec-14
"How come he didn't gut deer ?"

Venison chitlins... yummy!

21-Dec-14
Thats kind of what I was thinking and guessing but wanted someone else opinion ! Thats the way they do it down there I guess ?

21-Dec-14
DC, that's an '11-point'you got there!

21-Dec-14
"It's bin a reel interestin' mornin' heer"

I forgot to gut my deer. As a matter of fact I guess I didn't tag it either. Good thing the lawmen would rather be on tv lookin' for those guys on Moonshiners. TV is a good thing.

21-Dec-14
What are those black growths on both back legs?

21-Dec-14
Well, I'm glad some could see the attempt at humor in this video.

I did not gut the deer because of the area I hunted, it is preferred that we do not leave guts in the woods.

We do not have a tag system, but we do have a harvest report which has been filled out.

Not really into chitlins.

itshot: Your absolutely right. It is an 11 point. My mistake.

The black growth is called Fibromatosis. It is not harmful to the meat and it usually occurs in buck deer two year of age or less.

21-Dec-14
That was a great example of how tough it is getting an arrow in a deer down here. Great timing and had he not shot forward I'm sure you would have hit him better. Seriously dude, there is probably not 10 bowsiters that would have attempted that shot one only 3 would have made it.

But the penetration... wow, wasn't that the famed vpa...and you didn't get full penetration and the blood trail was weak.

21-Dec-14
When I lived in Georgia it was not uncommon to not field dress the deer. When I lived there I thought it was odd but it must have rubbed off cause my last Wis. deer I didn't field dress until I had it hanging in the garage. Nice show DC!

21-Dec-14
Congrats, DC! You have now been ordained as one of the top 3 Bowsite hunters! We all know who Number One is. Wonder who is the third best? So many to choose from...

Simply amazing that any deer or turkeys are killed in Alabama at all, supernaturally difficult and wary as they are.

21-Dec-14
Cool video DC, most on here won't appreciate anything from Alabama. I really enjoyed your honesty, we don't always get that around BS. My only question is why not try to stop the deer before you shot it? Mike

21-Dec-14
I enjoyed that more than most of the hunting shows I see on TV. Thanks for sharing, and congrats on that big ole buck!

21-Dec-14
The reason not to stop is they will really show you something then I terms if jumping the string. He would have been completely out of the frame when the arrow hit.

21-Dec-14
DC, i got the humor, hope you got mine

some guys just don't know how to have fun, and some are just ignint

a southern drawl on a video of a ham shot spike-doe is enough to make some here get all worked up

just ask TBM

21-Dec-14
That shot was so foreign to what you see on tv but so common to what you have to do down here . Last season I had several shot that tough or tougher. My hog shot was ridiculous. I like this kind of party.

21-Dec-14
TBM no offense but didn't you make a post about if you left a buck overnight and the Coyotes got the meat you didn't deserve the rack? But it's ok to take a shot on a moving deer that you are not even sure of it's sex? I realize sh@t goes sideways on hunts more often the not, but your stance seems a bit hypocritical??

21-Dec-14
Them horns musta growled there tween the shot and recovery.

21-Dec-14
TBM has no real explanation just jibber jabber ! BPM. ask you a ?

21-Dec-14
Florida Mike: My only question is why not try to stop the deer before you shot it?

This deer had been standing behind the tree for about ten minutes and knew something was up. I felt any sound and she/he would have bolted out. I have had that happen a few too many times. Most of the time I can make a better shot than that. I'm working on another Video that hopefully I can redeem myself somewhat. The deer are very spooky and it can get tricky trying to figure out what they are thinking or how they will react.

21-Dec-14
Looked like the broad head did its job to me. Blood trial didn't appear weak, everyone knows that blood on pine needles doesn't show up very well. Good kill.

DJ

21-Dec-14
"That shot was so foreign to what you see on tv but so common to what you have to do down here"

Down here in we don't care or no any better land?

In the other 49 states we call that a bad shot.

Thanks Lou... you saved me some typing. Sounds like life is tough in Bama. I wundre wich weigh they face a 3D targit to pracktis?

21-Dec-14
It's amazing what folks overlook in a video. This is the steadiest I have ever seen a bow camera video. At the shot it was so still. I've seen a lot of bow mounted camer vids and this was the steadiest. His guy can shoot. What was that DC...a 30 yard shot? Outstanding!!!

21-Dec-14
Mule Power: In the other 49 states we call that a bad shot.

It's a bad shot anywhere. Not where I hoped to hit the deer at all, but it happens sometimes. If you hunt long enough and shoot at enough deer it will happen. (Murphy's Law)

TurkeyBowMaster: The shot was right at 25 yard.

Straight Shooter: Pines needles are a nightmare to track in. I hate them.

21-Dec-14
25 is that hard to hit distance. Had a he deer dropped and wheeled back it would have likely been a miss. Funny how we arntbtalking about how deadly the hamblaster is.

21-Dec-14
DC... you certainly seem like a nice enough guy and honest no doubt. Where I live they have a county parks hunting program. Hunters are not permitted to gut deer at the kill site. So I stand corrected there and apologize for being judgmental about that. Also I've never hunted anywhere that didn't require tagging a big game animal. My bad.

But I have to say... the northwoods are every bit as thick in places as anywhere you hunt. And the deer are just as wary. It pays to try to wait for a shot at a stationary deer. It'll come.

Enjoy your venison and good luck out there!

22-Dec-14
Good luck DC. I have nothing against chitlins if somebody else was to clean and cook . Sometimes I take my deer to barn and hang to gut and its easier on my back . I just thought it would be better to hide nuts if that's what you were trying to do . You were worried about antlers .

22-Dec-14
venisonjunky: Just all humor! I made a bad shot, I thought it was a doe, it is very hot in December, and some other stuff I just made up. If you cant laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

22-Dec-14
DC....you are so nice. You got to be thinking what retards. If I was hiding anything I would have just closed the tailgate. You gotta love concrete walkers.

23-Dec-14
TBM. you get laughed at by everybody ! You are the only one that takes you serious ! I really don't think there is one person that loves hearing your dumb threads and remarks ! If we take a vote and everyone votes for you to go away ! Will you please ? You are the worst thing about bowsite !

23-Dec-14
Thanks DC for the explanation about why you didn't try to stop the deer. Venisonjunky your comments are rude and out of line. Why don't you show all the Big Boys how tough you really are and ignore anything TBM posts? Mike

23-Dec-14
+1 grizzlyadam:

"I enjoyed that more than most of the hunting shows I see on TV. Thanks for sharing, and congrats on that big ole buck!"

Made me laugh. Some people here are just wound too tight to see good humor. Some of you need to watch it again to see hear DC say it was a bad shot that ended well.

• Sitka Gear