skinner creek 31-Dec-14
Chainsaw 31-Dec-14
Chainsaw 31-Dec-14
Bou'bound 31-Dec-14
Chainsaw 31-Dec-14
Bou'bound 31-Dec-14
CCOVEY 01-Jul-15
29-Dec-14
I'm fixin to go on a hunt with these guys. Any of you ever hunted with them before? Dave seems like a great guy and it sounds like his dogs are top notch. I'm excited!

30-Dec-14
Cat hunts are great. I looked at their website. Do you know how they do guaranteed kill hunts for unlimited days for $4,800? That is a sweet combination.

30-Dec-14
Bou'bound if you look at my thread on the Colorado state site, I explained it in there. IMO it's a good deal.

30-Dec-14
I get it now. It is unlimited days until a cat, any cat, is treed and then the guarantee is considered met. It also does not mean you can hunt unlimited days on THAT trip......but if no treeing takes place you can come back until one does tree if they can't accomodate a longer stay.

Sounds fair when explained in more detail than they provide on the website. I will bet you have action.

The one thing I would be leery of, IF I was not willing to shoot a female, would be what happens when they see a female track (and the good guides know immeidately in the snow which is which). The guide will want to run it to the tree to fulfill the guarantee and remove that exposure, but the hunter has no interest in running it since it is not a tom.

It would be interesting to see how they would handle that scenario when they know up front that the hunter is tom only hunting and has no interest in taking the time to chase something they will not take if caught.

31-Dec-14
Good point Bou'Bound. These are the outfitters that kill the the most females I'm sure.

31-Dec-14
Bou'bound if you look at my thread on the Colorado state site, I explained it in there. IMO it's a good deal.

31-Dec-14
Oops! Sorry about the repost guys. That's one scenario I never considered Bou'bound. Good thinkin! I'll have to ask about that.

31-Dec-14
When are you hunting?

31-Dec-14
Third week of January good Lord willin!

31-Dec-14
Looking forward to updates and photos

01-Jul-15
Chainsaw, did you end up going on this hunt?

• Sitka Gear