wyliecoyote 05-Jan-15
MathewsMan 05-Jan-15
wyliecoyote 05-Jan-15
sticksender 05-Jan-15
wildwilderness 05-Jan-15
wyliecoyote 05-Jan-15
MathewsMan 06-Jan-15
05-Jan-15
Hey all your Colorado bowhunters.....can you help this dumb California brother? My son and I have 13 Pps for antelope and want to hunt area 2...as I read the regs, there are only 5 archery tags (A-M-201-01-A) available and they all went to residents with 15 Pps. Two questions: Are there NR tags available if you have enough Pps?? Is there any way to find out how many Pps the unsuccessful residents had in the 2014 draw, i.e. are there a bunch more residents left who had 14 or 15 Pps. in 2014 that trump our 13 Pps ??? I am too old to keep applying for something I will never draw....."grin"

Thanks, Joe

05-Jan-15
If a tag is offered in a given year there would only be one tag with those numbers. So if you apply as a group you will not ever draw.

05-Jan-15
Scott, I never even thought of that !! Thanks a lot for the info.....needed to know that obviously!!

Joe

05-Jan-15
Actually the pronghorn draw is unique in the Colorado draws. Unlike the deer & elk draws, there's no NR allocation ceiling for pronghorn. All NR & Res applicants are in the same draw pool and tags are awarded to applicants with the most preference points, regardless of residency. Apparently this method works ok for pronghorn, due to very low demand for Colorado pronghorn among NR's, and therefore a very low percentage of pronghorn tags are drawn by NR overall.

Also one of the 2/201 archery tags is issued in the Hybrid Draw. So anyone with more than 5 pp is eligible to win a 2/201 tag.

You can view the PP's of the various applicants on the Hunt Recap Summary page.

http://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Hunting/BigGame/Statistics/Pronghorn/2014PronghornHuntRecap.pdf

05-Jan-15
The recap shows last year there were 16 ahead of you, and 7 in your point group. So you should draw in about 4-5 yrs.

05-Jan-15
4-5 years.......I didn't want to hear that!! But, thanks for the info...I appreciate it.

Joe

06-Jan-15
Sorry for misinfo, the unit is not what it used to be and takes a lifetime of points. We used to draw and hunt every other year in the 80's there.

Will let you know how the lopes look as we will be hunting elk in there next fall.

• Sitka Gear