Medicinemann 09-Jan-15
bghunter 09-Jan-15
MaBow 09-Jan-15
Medicinemann 09-Jan-15
thewoods 10-Jan-15
bghunter 10-Jan-15
Golden Pyr 10-Jan-15
08-Jan-15
Was wondering if anyone is willing to share what their expense was for getting stuff shipped back to the US from NZ. Total cost with taxidermy prep of capes, crate, broker fees and shipping. Looking at have a couple Red Stags to ship back this coming March. May split the skull plates if it helps reduce costs. Thanks

09-Jan-15
PM sent

09-Jan-15
Back a couple Yeats ago 1200 to midwest However I have since learned with proper planning can be brought back with you

09-Jan-15
I had a life size tur and a chamois shipped from Christchurch to Boston in December. it cost $2000 to create and ship and $250 for customs paperwork

09-Jan-15
Rob,

Good to talk with you. I have updated that NZ thread, and the taxidermy costs are in there now.... (search for "cabin fever"....how about a 2013 NZ hunt?)

Jake

10-Jan-15
Thanks for the replies bghunter and MaBow. was good to talk to you too Jake and I will check out that thread. what a great thing bowsite is!!

10-Jan-15
I did some more checking and found my paperwork. I used Harding taxidermy in New Zealand, cant find the breakdown though.

D&l out of Chicago, took care of clearing the trophies at the airport and shipment to Milwaukee, with total cost being 443.13.

Do a search for a post on here titled back from New Zealand. Prezboys talks in there about how he got his trophies home from NZ as carry on. If I could post it I would but no clue how to do that.

Enjoy your trip. I loved it in NZ people, hunting and the country is just great.

10-Jan-15

Golden Pyr 's embedded Photo
Golden Pyr 's embedded Photo
yea...used to live there......and the tahr was my 2nd best experience Bowhunting. (for over 68 species) Sure wished I lived in the South Island instaed of Wellington .

• Sitka Gear