Tndeer 12-Jan-15
ahunter55 12-Jan-15
Buffalo1 21-Feb-15
kellyharris 21-Feb-15
Neb_Bowhuntin' 24-Feb-15
kyhunter13 24-Feb-15
Mike Vines 24-Feb-15
11-Jan-15
Hey everyone, I am trying to plan a spring break hog hunt with a couple of buddies from college. We would be hunting March 15-21. So far, I've been looking at Seven Mile Island in Alabama but I'm also curious as to advice anyone has. Pretty open to traveling a decent distance (from St. Louis). Trying to find places that are hogs-only due to one friend only wanting to use a gun (yeah I know) and I've read that most states will allow use of guns legal for turkeys at the time we will be there. So, is there another state/WMA that would be better to check out? Or advice of what to look/scout for? Most importantly, will we need a small game license, big- game license, or none at all?

11-Jan-15
were going to Extreme Bowhunting in March. 2 days Bowhunting, stands, blinds furnished along with lodging. You cook your own food. Walk in cooler. Hog hunt, 4 Hogs any size $350. No guns allowed though. Just in case, good price especially with lodging

11-Jan-15
oh, it's Tx & 5 day lic is $45 N.R.

11-Jan-15
No mercy hunting .com

11-Jan-15
I'd suggest Shiloh but I believe they are booked. Still, wouldn't hurt to give them a shout. Best of luck.

11-Jan-15
Thank you for all the suggestions guys. We're really trying to make a good week out of this trip although the Extreme Bowhunting looks great, but just a little pricey for us students. We'd like to try out some public land South of us and just trying to gather information on where populations are higher than others. Also on states and their regulations.

11-Jan-15
Out of state public land hog hunts are pretty low opportunity hunts in my experience. If you fellas are happy with a camping trip called a hog hunt then you will probably have a good time. If you really want to have some targets I would think about trying to bump the budget.

Not trying to discourage, just be realistic with your expectations. Good luck.

--Jim

11-Jan-15
Look into florida, should not be to bad on price and plenty of targets. Depending where you look should be able to find something wihin your budget

12-Jan-15
+1 JTreeman

12-Jan-15
When I was in college spring break was beaver hunting season

12-Jan-15
jtreeman is pretty close to right. I do LOTS of DIY for biggame with great success BUT it's been cheaper & better to go to a place like Extreme than the DIY for hogs. Good Luck.

21-Feb-15
I recently purchased a Winter 2014 edition of Peterson's Hog Hunting magazine. I is jam packed with public land opportunities for DIY hunts.

I still think a hunting an operation on private land will provide more productive hunting time.

21-Feb-15
Double D Ranch SE OHIO

24-Feb-15
Check out HU NTERS CREEK RANCH in Mt Vernon, Tx.

Bob and Doreen run a GREAT RANCH!!

We just returned from there 2 weeks ago!! Our 4the trip down there!

Tons of hogs! Great lodging price is GREAT for two hogs a day!

Pm me if you would like more info on the place!!

Shoot Str8 and Stay safe

Jeff

24-Feb-15
Yea, go to Florida and hunt a hog for a day and spend the rest of the week chafing beaver.......

24-Feb-15
"chafing beaver"

Sounds painful

• Sitka Gear