Inshart 03-Mar-15
S. C. Mercer 04-Mar-15
jtek 04-Mar-15
happygolucky 04-Mar-15
Chip T. 04-Mar-15
willliamtell 04-Mar-15
tk 05-Mar-15
19-Jan-15
Longtime qad user but am also a endless tinkerer with my setup. Have never used a whisker biscuit but like the idea. Would be going on a DNA. Any input for me? Pros and cons welcomed.

19-Jan-15
I am sure that you will get some differing opinions, but much like you, I switched from a QAD about 4 or 5 years ago to a biscuit and never looked back.

I had the QAD fail on me one time at the range and that was enough for me to immediately take it off and put on the WB. Fortunately it was at the range and not while hunting.

No moving parts = less chance for failure. Good luck with whatever you choose.

19-Jan-15
I like my biscuit and any shooting problems I have are due to me, not the biscuit. I fletch with feathers, and the biscuit does fray them a little on the practice arrows.

19-Jan-15
I've gone back and forth from Drop Away's to Biscuits. I always had great luck with a Biscuit, but currently run a QAD and a Trophy Taker Smackdown. Honestly, at 20-40 yards I can't tell a difference but when shooting at 60 + yards I appear to be a little more accurate with a Drop Away.

I always loved the simplicity of the Biscuit. Not as quiet as I would like, but very simple.

19-Jan-15
If my Ripcord Red ever acts up a WB will be going on my bow. But the ripcord had lasted 4 years with no issues so just keeping fingers crossed.

19-Jan-15
Had a WB on my previous bow and switched to a drop away on my DXT. HTR is being delivered next month and I will be putting a WB on it. I just loved the simplicity of it. Never had a worry about possible failure.

19-Jan-15
I will always have a WB on at least one bow. I have used them for 15-20 years. The best hunting rest in my opinion. I had2 MPI dropaways, 3 QADs (all with issues), 2 Ripcords (nice but a little loud) and now 2 NAP Apache Carbon (quiet, ONE moving part). The arrow jiggles a little in it while stalking. Not enough to make noise but not as secure as the WB.

Hints: Some arrow/finishes are loud drawing back on the bristles. I found thin-wall Aluminum w/ camo are the loudest. Small diameter, heavy wall, smooth shafts are the quietest. Easton Axis for me. I own Aluminum, CX Max Hunter, ACC, Gold Tip XT Hunter, Gold Tip Velocity Pro, FMJ(2nd choice) & Axis. Arrow lube the ones in your hunting quiver, is a help too. I you are looking for arrows too, take the rest to the shop and give them a try.

Certain fletchings are louder than others. Feathers are the loudest and Flex-Fletch SK-300 (FP-360 2nd) are the quietest I found. But I do not think that the fletching noise during the shot is an issue. I know 4" feathers going through the WB is quieter than my QAD dropping.

Make sure you get a large enough size to fit your arrows. Way to big is much better than a hair to small (tight). I shot skinny arrows out of the largest WB with no issues.

To get your arrow to tune you may have to have it nock high a bit more than you are used to. One of my bows shoots great at almost 1/4" nock high, BH and FP the same at 40 yards.

After 8,000-12,000 shots the bristles may get worn out. If your arrows start falling down in them it's time for a new insert.

AND the WB doesn't break the bank.

19-Jan-15
Switched from ripcord to a biscuit before I went on goat hunt cause I wanted something that couldn't malfunction . Only thing I didn't do wrong was switch a long time ago. All around awesome rest for hunting imo

19-Jan-15
Love a WB just realize they are prone to give a chronic nock high tear but give pretty good FPBH tune.

My go to hunting rest for the last 10 years

19-Jan-15
I used a drop away for 20 years, 2 months ago I switched back to the WB and love the simplicity. Mike

19-Jan-15
I'll take mine with strawberry preserves !

19-Jan-15
These reports are what I have consistently heard. Use one and you won't go back. Thanks guys.

19-Jan-15
I have a couple that I am not currently using. I can't think of a good reason not to use one. Yes there is vane contact and I needed a bit more side support when shooting fingers. Noise is not a big problem. Full containment is a big plus if you are excitable.

19-Jan-15
whisker all I use anymore but have found real turkey feathers with a off set hold up best even water proof just make sure you buy primary feathers they hold up the best I use 4 and 5 inch

19-Jan-15
I prefer a drops away. I think they are more accurate.

I use the Hamskea Versa rest.

19-Jan-15
I switched last year to a wb after 12 years of using a trophy taker. I can still hold a bow hunter minute of angle with it. I made a switch just to have less moving parts on my bow. I will be using it to shoot 3d this year. I guess that will be the best judge of how much, if any, accuracy I have lost.

19-Jan-15
I've always had a WB on my bow and always will. I think it's by far the best for just about any type of hunting, keeps the arrow nice and secure and it's simple, no moving, breaking parts. I get a lot of crap for not having a drop away rest, everyone says the WB kills your speed but I've personally seen two of the same bows, same draw length, same draw weight, same arrows, shot with a chrono and have the same, exact fps.

20-Jan-15
I went to the WB several years back on both of my bows and I am amazed at how bulletproof and idiot-proof they are, shooting both feathers and vanes.

20-Jan-15
I've used one without any problems, but have since switched back to a drop-away only because I find myself a little more accurate at longer distances. I'm just being picky is all.

My only other comment would be that when tuning the rest, the adjustments you would normally make if using a drop-away, may end up being the exact opposite direction than normal. If the adjustments don't work in the normal direction, go the other way and arrow flight should improve.

20-Jan-15
Minimize contact go with qad

21-Jan-15
Ripcord for 3 D's WB for hunting, for me. Murphys Law.

21-Jan-15
Thinking about going back to a WB as well. I've shot a Ripcord for the past couple of years, good rest, no failure to date. But, it is loud when it drops. Louder than I thought from when I first got it.

For me, HDE's Law: Murphy was an optimist.

21-Jan-15
In my best Nick Cage rasp....."That's High Praise"....

21-Jan-15
WB has always performed well. No issues at all.

21-Jan-15
WB has always performed well. No issues at all.

21-Jan-15
WB for me as well. I hear good things about drop always. It amazes me that we can have civil discussions regarding rests, but if this was a broadhead thread it goes in the toilet. people use rests with moving parts that can fail but then complain about mechanical broadheads because of the moving parts and chance of failure. Good discussion on this thread.

21-Jan-15
A few years ago I swapped out all my biscuits for drop aways. Had one them fail just before a hunt. Thankfully was able to borrow a biscuit and get it dialed in quick. Last year I swapped out the dropaways on the bows I was keeping and sold a bow with one of the working drop aways. That drop away failed for the buyer. Company stood behind their products and sent replacements but I'll stick to muy biscuits. I like the new ones with more adjustments better than the earlier models.

21-Jan-15
You won't regret it. One can not argue about the effectiveness of the rest. The only consistent reason I see people go away from them is for the allure of a drop away, or the mental problem that they just don't like their fletching touching something as it leaves.

Big deal, get over it, it works. Every time.

21-Jan-15
used a biscuit, then went to drop away for years. just put a sure shot pro biscuit on my new htr and I cannot shoot at the same dot on my target out to 50 yards so far without damaging arrows. biscuit is awesome.

21-Jan-15
I've been using the same QAD rest for 4 years, have shot over 20 thousand arrows through it, carried nocked arrows through miles and miles of thick brush, and it still fires with perfect accuracy and timing.

This past month I had to reglue the worn out felt to the rest on one side. That's the first problem I've had with it.

I can't imagine using a biscuit, although I put one on my daughter's bow.

21-Jan-15
I hate a Whisker Biscuit! Nuff said.

21-Jan-15
A whistle biscuit cost me a shot on a nice buck, for that I can't recommend. On another note my first whitetail(a 4x5) was with a wb.

21-Jan-15
Les, how??

21-Jan-15
x2 jostov Kentuck, don't let the rest cloud the fact you're shooting one of the most accurate bows made :D

Despite my hatred for the WB it has piqued my interest lately but I cannot imagine ever wasting the time to satisfy that curiosity. I just can't do it, maybe its b/c I know how bad my form and target panic is. To the point I know I'd be clipping nocks and vanes as they left the rest.

Plus my fletching skills have fallen off the deep end and I know one shot and a bare shaft would slap the elk sideways! no bueno!

22-Jan-15
Been using them on both hunting and 3D bows for about 8 years now and can not say how much I like them...

goes by Kiss way of doing things

keep it simple stupid

no parts to break, works in all kinds of weather

22-Jan-15
"Don't let your hard earned shots depend on something that drops"

22-Jan-15
I have never used one but they have sparked some interest,are they quiet on the draw?I use a ripcord now and can not say anything bad about it but am always looking to simplify.

22-Jan-15
Nick, He heard me draw.

22-Jan-15
Gotcha...

I had similar issues until I stopped shooting carbon express arrows, they seemed to make noise while drawing. Also most camo wrapped arrows do as well.

22-Jan-15
Thanks for all the input! Going to buy one and see how i like it. Can always go back if I don't.

22-Jan-15
Silicone spray? No thank you... I guarantee I wouldn't have 750" of bone on the wall with silicone stink in the air. The mental anguish of apply such a substance would kill my psyche instantly.

22-Jan-15
Work best if you have a non camo shaft as they make no sound, camo shaft may make a slight sound.

26-Jan-15
Well I bought one yesterday and shot it a couple times. So far I like it. Does have slightly more sound when drawing(am using gold tip trads) but is quietly at the shot. Pretty easy to tube thus far as well. Thanks again for all the input.

Craig

26-Jan-15
AHHH......had to Google it....only biscuit I'm aware of I like with sausage gravy...lol.

Looks tough to mount on my recurve but "interesting" for use on a compound. As for me, I prefer off the shelf.

27-Jan-15
I had a couple of guys tell me to twirl a Q-TIP inside the hole. An that should quiet your arrow contact down.

28-Jan-15
What impact on arrow flight does a whisker biscuit have on a strong right-helical fletched arrow?

28-Jan-15
I think this thread helping me sell one currently on eBay. It came on my new to me Wrath SHO. They definitely have their fans.

28-Jan-15
Flawless since 1995.

29-Jan-15
From what I understand, Bruce Jenner is in the same dilemma as you.

28-Feb-15
biscuits will wear your fletch. If you can refletch your own, then I would shot the biscuit- and do.

28-Feb-15
It's by far the best rest ever made for a hunting bow!

28-Feb-15
I've used a ton of rests in over 50 years of Archery but never a WB until I bought a new hunting bow this past year. It came with the WB & I actually really like it for hunting. I've shot vanes & feathers just to see & it's fine.

28-Feb-15
Just put one on my new bow. Really like it so far.

28-Feb-15
I just ordered one earlier today. I got the one adjustable for windage and elevation. Been using a TM Hunter for a long time, tired of adjusting and replacing shrink tubing. Really didn't want the complexity of a drop away, I think I'll like the biscuit.

28-Feb-15
Forget the whisker biscuit, get a way better rest. Ready-Rest is the best rest out there.

01-Mar-15
Shot a biscuit for years with no problems and then this year I had two deer spoke when I drew. so I am switching to a QAD.

01-Mar-15
I have been shooting one for quite a few years with no problems. A smooth black carbon shaft like a Beman ICS is quiet. I remove the decal near the nock end of the arrow that made a little noise at the start of the draw. Aluminum, camo carbon and some of the black finish carbon make some noise.

I will use a food grade silicone (No odor) on my shafts to make them easier to pull from 3D targets it also makes the draw a bit quieter.

01-Mar-15
Never had a problem with tune, accuracy, etc., but they are too noisy for me. These ultra jumpy southern deer you know..........

01-Mar-15
I've shot heavy helical from EZ Fletch mini through biscuits them as well as stad right and left helical. It surprised me but it didnt seem to cause any problems. I've found that I dont really the heavy helical it to stabilize the heads. If I shoot spots instead of groups, which damage vanes, shafts and heads anyway, I can save some time and just buy factory fletched arrows.

02-Mar-15
All I have used for years now. I just bought two of the basic models at Wal-Mart for $17 each on sale. Cheap back-up insurance. I've never had to replace one the price was just too much of a bargain to pass up.

02-Mar-15

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
This biscuit is about 8 years old and gone through hell. I swear it gets more accurate over time as I burn the hole down lower. One thing I can tell you is it is dead and I mean dead quiet. I have heard they quiet down after a "break-in" period but I can not honestly ever remember it making noise. In 8 years and many many draw cycles no animal has spooked for me. I've killed alert whitetails in frozen calm temps sooooo not sure how much worse the situation could get.

Very happy with it. Fixed blades shoot accurately as far as I've ever shot.im hoping to shoot it so long that one day I have no more bristles where the fletch go just cause I like the idea. But that'll prob be another 15 or so years away.

02-Mar-15
My wife has one on the Hoyt Ignite I picked up for her recently. It is crazy loud with Carbon Express arrows. I am dissapointed.

02-Mar-15
I was going to go with the WB on my Carbon Cure, but went with the NAP 360, much like a WB only I can shoot vanes instead of feathers, no moving parts and holds the arrow very secure. about the same price as the WB, but I did pick up a WB just to have one.

03-Mar-15
After reading this post and within the last 10 minutes I took off the drop a way rest and replaced it with my old WB and do I feel much better.

Why much better? Because I have always feared that something would go wrong with the drop a way at the wrong time while miles off the track hunting elk, etc, and away from the camp and truck.

I have had good success with the WB and do not shoot over 50 yards and have been pleased with the arrow placement at that range using the WB.

Another issue I had is when I would let down with the drop a way, the arrow would spring off of the rest. Not an issue with the WB as it stays contained..

Bad dreams? No more!

My best, Paul

03-Mar-15
I've shot the WB for years in all sorts of weather and situations and they are hands down worry free rests. Paul brings up a good point about "feeling" much better, especially if you are on a pack in trip. I've seen Tom Miranda kill many of his NA Slam animals with a WB attached to his bow...what else do you need to know!

03-Mar-15
Shot the WB for years - tried a drop away - back to a WB part way through the season last year - it's on for good now.

04-Mar-15
I shot the WB for many years and they are trouble free rests that are virtually bullet proof. I switched to a RipCord Code Red this year...

Why? Because the sound of the arrow being drawn across the bristles of the WB has cost me 3 different P&Y bucks (and nearly a 4th buck, though not P&Y, last year) and a huge boar hog. I could not get the rest quiet on still days with animals inside 15 yards. The RipCord does not make a sound when drawing and so far seems to work flawlessly.

My 2 cents.

04-Mar-15
I have never had noise issues with a WB if I shot smooth flat color non camo arrows. That being said, I am shooting a QAD right now and love it but I may go back to the WB real soon as is deadly and fool proof.

04-Mar-15
I have no experience with a WB and have found this thread to be enlightening.

Can someone tell me how having fletching make contact (WB) can be better than having no contact (drop away)?

Can Blazer vanes be used with a WB or does one have to use feathers?

I concur that no moving parts is good but I can't get past the contact aspect and how it can't affect the arrow flight.

04-Mar-15
Equal pressure on all 3 vanes is no problem. For hunting purposes and within normal distances you will not notice much , if any of a difference with a WB and a drop away. Blazers are fine as are most vanes and I fletch mine with a full helical. Fethers are no problem but will wear just a bit after time but it won't effect accuracy. Makes no noise with a black, non camo shaft. For hunting it can't be beat in my opinion.

04-Mar-15
My wife's bow has a WB which I used sighting it in. Nice secure bulletproof rest. Have a QAD on my bow and like it a lot except at the tail end of an elk hunt 2 yrs ago it stopped consistently staying up. Yikes. Had one of those ha-ha talks with my bow shop that was headed towards are you going to warrantee the (year old) QAD/do you want me as a customer? If the new one gets squirrely I will likely go to a different rest, which might end up being a WB.

05-Mar-15
I've never had one but my brother just bought a Bear Attitude package from Cabela's with a WB rest on it. He has only had it two weeks and his vanes are starting to have wear marks on them and curl slightly. Can you have too fast of a bow for a WB?

• Sitka Gear