Medicinemann 20-Jan-15
Jason Stafford 20-Jan-15
Medicinemann 20-Jan-15
Matt 20-Jan-15
'Ike' 20-Jan-15
ridgerunnerron 22-Jan-15
Tatonka 22-Jan-15
20-Jan-15
Pope and Young's winter edition of their journal has an interesting read on the aerial extent of the Shiras Moose. The subspecies boundary shown by the author extends into British Columbia.

Currently, for P&Y purposes, Shiras Moose are only accepted from the United States (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado), not Canada....right?

20-Jan-15
Correct

20-Jan-15
Since the aerial extent shows Canada in a P&Y publication, I wonder if this will change things going forward? A guy can always hope!!!

Jason,

BTW, nice article on page 52!!

20-Jan-15
I doubt it will change. There are certainly Shiras moose in Canada, but that doesn't mean B&C (and P&Y by extension) will change their long-held boundaries which were set conservatively in order to maintain the purity of the record books.

20-Jan-15
Kind o like Blacktails...

:-)

22-Jan-15
Hope they keep 'em in the states...exclusively only made in the USA has a nice sound to it!.

22-Jan-15
I just watched a hunting show on tv where they were hunting moose in Saskatchewan on an Indian Reserve and were calling them Shiras moose.... I can see moose in soutern Alberta and southern B.C. being Shiras or at least having some Shiras genes, but I question the ones in upper Saskatchewan.

• Sitka Gear