rgb 27-Jan-15
cityhunter 28-Jan-15
Barty1970 29-Jan-15
cityhunter 29-Jan-15
Sage Buffalo 29-Jan-15
WRO 30-Jan-15
Bronc@work 30-Jan-15
23-Jan-15
I'm looking for a good outfitter for my 1st elk hunt in Colorado or New Mexico. Where I will actually see elk, budget $7000

23-Jan-15

B N A A guy's Link
Hello Bobby, a couple of questions are, what are your expectations for trophy quality and what type of bowhunt are you looking for ( wilderness, private land, limited draw public land. Depending on what your goals are and how you would like to go about them I may very well be able to assist you with a quality Elk hunt.

If you are interested in what my company can do for you then please contact me to go over your personal goals for this hunt. Lots of great folks on this site have hunted through us.

Best of luck to you in 2015.

Best regards, Scott Alberda

Bow and Arrow Adventures - Bowsite sponsor

23-Jan-15
why not MT

23-Jan-15
J-Bar-H Colorado

23-Jan-15
I promice I will put u on elk for free...cup of coffee...3,000$$$

23-Jan-15
PM sent

24-Jan-15
Google Banded peak ranch outfitters in Colorado. First class all the way and tons of elk. Outstanding country.

25-Jan-15
Scott"s company has alot to offer I would check him out. Or check with Silver Spurs.

25-Jan-15
J-Bar-H hands down!

25-Jan-15
I agree with bighorn, Scott Alberda is the man to talk to!!

25-Jan-15
I think Sage Buffalo goes strictly guided, he may be able to help you out.

26-Jan-15
Here's another recommendation for J-Bar-H in Meeker, CO!

26-Jan-15
Second the Banded Peaks Ranch. Dennis Schultz runs a great operation on the ranch, Big Bone Outfitters. They killed a monster 370" bull during the last week of the season last year, with several 300" class bulls killed. You fall asleep at nights listening to the bulls screaming right next to the cabins...you'll see a lot of elk, and lots of bulls... It's a place you have to experience...

27-Jan-15
If Scott can't help you, and I bet he can, call John Diamond with Beaverhead. I've hunted a few times with these guys and they are very good at what they do.

27-Jan-15
I hunted J-Bar-H a few years ago. Took 3 points for the draw. Rode horses every day.

Saw more people that were hunting/scouting/riding horses than we saw elk.

Saw one herd bull and a couple satellite ones.

Two years ago, I hunted a private ranch in NM. The first day I saw more bulls and bigger bulls than I did the entire week in CO.

If you can afford it, private ranches are normally more enjoyable to hunt as the animals are typically not disturbed.

27-Jan-15
You should call Vinny Delgado of Montana Hunt & Fish Co.

They have a GREAT hunt that's near your budget where they have been 100% for several years on mature bulls.

27-Jan-15
Bobby, I sent you a PM

27-Jan-15
Ill put you on elk for $1,000.. Well I'm not a guide, don't live in Colorado, or even on the same side of the Mississippi River as Colorado... But I can tell you you could do a 2 week DIY hunt for $3,000 and have opportunities at elk. Obviously you've asked about outfitters but DIY is a realistic option as well.

Josh

27-Jan-15
Compass west outfitters in New Mexico. Very well ran out fit and they will work there buts for everybody in camp.

27-Jan-15
I hunted J-Bar-H a few years ago. Took 3 points for the draw. Rode horses every day.

Fully-guided hunt with a fantastic guide. Saw another hunter's horse tied up about a mile away one day. Covered tons of territory in 5 days, and saw no one else.

Except for about 250 elk.

Killed a nice 6x4 herd bull on the last day.

Experiences vary!

28-Jan-15
6x4 herd bull? do u have a pic!!!

29-Jan-15
Am I right in thinking that three points = three years?

29-Jan-15
yikes im shocked at what guys pay to hunt for a week in elk woods!!! God Bless i guess Obama is correct our economy is doing great ;>

29-Jan-15
City some places are THAT special and cost THAt much but are SO worth it.

Some are once in a life for some guys and some are more regular. I would say if you can save and get to one of those truly special places - do it.

30-Jan-15
There a few good ones in oregon and most require no points.

I'd look at Hunters rondevous.. (john coles)

30-Jan-15
San Fransico River Outfitters NM

• Sitka Gear