VogieMN 26-Jan-15
bowhunter 26-Jan-15
earlyriser 26-Jan-15
midwest 26-Jan-15
Buglmin 26-Jan-15
earlyriser 28-Jan-15
bowhunter 28-Jan-15
26-Jan-15
Been thinking about hunting Colorado in Pagosa Springs, Durango or Conejos, what is you opinions on this units,. Thanks..

26-Jan-15
I hunted about 20 minutes outside of Pagosa Springs about 5-6 years ago during first rifle and there were no elk to be found. We hunted on public land that was next to a private ranch and we heard that on the ranch out of 20 guys they took like 2 elk that same season.

26-Jan-15
That's not good news

26-Jan-15
Lots of New Mexicans that don't draw elk in NM buy OTC elk tags in those southern units of CO. Hunting can be good if you know certain areas to go to.

26-Jan-15
Assuming since this is on the mule deer forum, you're looking for info on muleys, not elk?

26-Jan-15
We don't have the high numbers of mule deer lie we did four or five years ago. And yessir, we receive high numbers of non residents and outfitters around here. Lots of pressure from hunters, and omg, tons of hikers and backpackers.... Some aras old some good deer, but we don't have the "great" deer. You'll need to cover lots of country, and be prepared to travel deep into the wilderness. Big bucks get shot around here by accident, guys sitting over waterholes for elk or bear, or walking into them when chasing elk...

28-Jan-15
Oops, guess I wasn't paying attention.

28-Jan-15
Well I am LO in NM so I always have Elk tags, but I'm interested in huntin ink out of state, I live Southern Colorado so I was looking for some information.

• Sitka Gear