bowbearman 28-Jan-15
dmandoes 28-Jan-15
Badlands 29-Jan-15
bowbearman 29-Jan-15
Nick Muche 29-Jan-15
bowbearman 30-Jan-15
BULELK1 30-Jan-15
27-Jan-15
Hello I'm wondering if anyone has hunted Eastern Idaho for deer in areas 65, 66, or 67 if I'm reading it right its a general tag I have a couple question on general tags can you buy them OTC or do you have to draw them? How is the hunting in that area? Is there public land to hunt? The only reason I'm looking for info is I'm going to put in for Wyoming area 26 for moose and in order to get a few buddies to go with my I will need to find them something to hunt also so looking at all my options. Any informtion would be much appreciated!!

Thanks Aaron

28-Jan-15

The Old Sarge's Link
Aaron, There's an any weapon season from Oct 10th to Oct 24th, an archery only season from Aug 30 to Sept 30 and another archery only from Nov 1 to Dec 19. The second archery only is for white tail deer only, no mule deer.

Click the link and scroll down.

I don't hunt that area so someone else will have to chime in on your other questions.

28-Jan-15
If you were asking about the Panhandle I could help, but not Eastern Id.

28-Jan-15
isn't wy moose area 26 a general area for elk?

28-Jan-15
There is ample public land in those units.

28-Jan-15
Yes 26 is general elk in wyoming but as far as I can tell it took 1 point to draw the tag last year we are going to send for that but I'm looking for a backup if we don't draw that.

Aaron

28-Jan-15
go special general elk

29-Jan-15
I used to live in Swan Valley. I know the units well. deer densities were always pretty low on the NF ground . It always seemed to be better elk country. 66 used to have a pile of monster bucks but those days are gone.

Lots of public ground up high, at least in 66 and 67. 65 has high ground but you run into Wyoming not far from where the public starts. 65 and 66 both have great whitetail densities on the river bottoms and access isn't too tough and if you have a boat it's great.

66 easily gets the most pressure of these units. 67 has the roughest high country, but in some ways it's my favorite. Fewer hunters and bigger animals, but probably lower densities too.

Feel free to pm me if you want more details.

29-Jan-15
Thanks guys I'm going to continue to check into these area my buddies decided not to send for general elk in WYoming but instead if I draw my moose tag they are going to help me if and when I get my moose we will go to idaho and but OTC tags and hunt there!!

29-Jan-15
Have them apply for moose tags in those Idaho units if they plan to buy a hunting lisence already... Someone has to draw!

30-Jan-15
Nick I looked into that to its not a bad idea for sure!!

30-Jan-15
PM Sent

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear