Jaeger63 29-Jan-15
Shrewski 29-Jan-15
kota-man 29-Jan-15
Charlie Rehor 29-Jan-15
Longbow Honkey 29-Jan-15
Shrewski 29-Jan-15
Kevin Dill 01-Feb-15
29-Jan-15
Anybody use this for BOWHUNTING? I have the fanatic and it is not warm enough in the twenties and below with winds. I was not warm last November with merino and traverse (tops and bottoms) with temps in the twenties and 15-25 mph gusts. I've got a heater body suit and it works great but looking for something that allows hands to be free. Is the incinerator quiet? Can a guy shoot with animals very close or will it sound like a potato chip bag? Just looking at it because the price has come down owing to a Camo change.

29-Jan-15
YES, I use it almost exclusively up here in ND when it gets REALLY cold. It is a low napped brushed fleece on the the exterior. Not silent but I have yet to be busted up in a tree at close range in minus 20. I prefer it to a HBS. I combo this with a Cabelas/Gerbing heated vest and can sit though just about anything.

29-Jan-15
Yes I use Incinerator and love it. Kota-man, I just bought some Gerbing heated socks. They seem to be good quality. Are you happy with the vest they make as well? Did you find it on Cabela's web site?

29-Jan-15
I've sat all day in the 20s in my Fanatic set but the Incinerator stuff is definitely warmer. I pack in either on my stand.

29-Jan-15
Jaeger...Yes, I also own the Kidney belt and full heated jacket. Love them all. Just search "Heated Vest" and it will come up. Grey or camo.

29-Jan-15
Try the Kelvin Jacket and Kelvin pants as an under layer. I have no trouble with the Fanatic stuff when layered with the Kelvin. My son wears the Fanatic Vest over his Incinerator jacket to quiet the chest area. Works pretty well for him! Good luck! C

29-Jan-15
Shrewski, I know you're a recurve guy so if you are cool with the noise, or lack of it, then I guess it's worth a look. Also, it appears i needn't ask about bulk.

Thanks,

29-Jan-15
10-4 Honkey. If you will be at the Tradional Expo in Kalamazoo this weekend, I know Sitka Athlete Mike Mitten will have the new Fanatic set he tested all season. There will also be a new Incinerator set (along with other new pieces) as well and the newest materials they are using on all are...more quiet than wool...gasp

Seriously, if you are worried about noise, get a new set this summer in the Elevated 2 pattern. It is silent.

01-Feb-15
I got a first-hand look at the new Elevated 2 stuff this weekend. I checked out the Fanatic and Incinerator series. The pattern is (to my eye) a good one for trees and light backgrounds. Both sets are impressive. The Fanatic will be quieter for sure, but the Incinerator fabric will definitely be quiet enough. I was holding a set of each series (total 4 garments) and suddenly realized I had 2G worth of Sitka in my hands.

For me, the new Fanatic is a game changer.

• Sitka Gear