oldgoat 31-Jan-15
kota-man 31-Jan-15
bowfisher 01-Feb-15
TurkeyBowMaster 01-Feb-15
tunes 01-Feb-15
kota-man 02-Feb-15
Tracker 02-Feb-15
29-Jan-15
Where is the the best place to get mickey mouse or bunny boots?

29-Jan-15
Disneyland! :)

--Jim

29-Jan-15
Army navy store in Anchorage.

29-Jan-15
Sportsmans guide

29-Jan-15
I've bought quite a few pair from "Allegheny Outlet" on EBay. I like the original Bata brand.

30-Jan-15
The Bunny boot was an all felt boot with leather heel and sole, lace up. It also had a leather wrap around collar at the top of the boot that had to buckle closures. I believe these were from the Korean war. I remember them form the 1960s. The Mickey Mouse boot is an all rubber boot that appeared later. There have been foreign copies of the rubber boots.

30-Jan-15
The white ones are warmer and yes, get the ones that say made in the USA on the back with the valves. They are relatively inexpensive and I too agree with the Army surplus being the best route to get them. I have had bought several pairs over the years. All from surplus stores or at gun shows.

30-Jan-15
The White Rubber one's are referred to as "Bunny Boots" and are much warmer. The Black Rubber one's are referred to as "Mickey Mouse" and don't have the temp rating of the White ones. I own and wear both depending on conditions. The white one's are quite a bit more bulky as well.

30-Jan-15
Best piece of outdoor equipment I own. Get them while they last. Suppliers seem to think they will be gone next year. Bata is the best but also the most expensive. Airbob is another brand, not bad but almost half the price. Lots of pairs you buy have weathering cracks so I prefer to buy them where I can see them. I just purchased a pair from remnantrack.com in Alaska, the nicest and newest pair I've found.They last for years if taken care of, I still have my 1st pair purchased in 1987. There are models of black ones with or without the valves, without were designed for ground soldiers. I have ruined several boots with cuts from ice augers other than that they are bulletproof.

30-Jan-15
Coleman's military surplus coelmans.com has them at a great price. A buddy just bought 3 pair from them

31-Jan-15
Bata is the brand that was recommended to me. They're my only hope for keeping my feet warm in the late season.

31-Jan-15
White MM boots with valves. I wore 'em in -65 degrees in Alaska. Not supposed to be worn above 10 or 20 degrees. I can't remember which exactly. Get genuine Army issue. I was a paratrooper and forgot to deflate them before a jump. They expanded. When I let the air out of the valve, it sounded like airbrakes.

31-Jan-15
Mickey Mouse boots were issued in White and black.

31-Jan-15
The nubs on the heel are for ski and snowshoe bindings. The best cold weather boot bar none.

31-Jan-15

31-Jan-15
Can you climb into a tree stand safely with them? Was just thinking about getting a pair of these next drain!

31-Jan-15
I do, all the time.

01-Feb-15
When you guys are buying yours, are you buying the used or the unissued?

01-Feb-15
I got mine from screaming eagle when they were in business. They were made new and have the valve. The sportsman guide made some special for them and they are not nearly as good. They are roomy at the toe and that allows for toe warmers but you will seldom need them.

01-Feb-15
What's the sizing on the boots? I have read in a couple of places that a fella should order 1 size smaller than usual.

02-Feb-15
I'm a 12 in hunting boots and tennis shoes, both my black mic key's and white bunny boots are 11's. Everything I've ever read on these boots say they run big as was the case with mine.

02-Feb-15
I have used them for over 40 years. If walking a lot I carry an extra pair of socks and change into them if I am on stand. One thing about them is you do not have to wear an overly heavy sock with them. I have them in White and black.

• Sitka Gear