boothill 23-Feb-15
INbowdude 23-Feb-15
hunt4life 24-Feb-15
ahunter55 24-Feb-15
daninmn 24-Feb-15
09-Feb-15

Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
Tradman and Huntress's embedded Photo
...is the title of INbowdude's third book, now in print. We just finished reading the book and enjoyed it thoroughly. If you enjoy hunting or reading about hunting you will love this book that details Mike's many hunts over the past several years.

Oh, and those of you whom have hunted at Shiloh Ranch, or one day hope to hunt at Shiloh Ranch, there are a couple of chapters that detail hunts here too that I know you'll enjoy.

You can order the book at Lulu.com. Just type in the title in the search bar and it will direct you there. Thanks for another great book Mike!

-Matt and Cheryl

09-Feb-15
Our family's copy is ordered! The kids will enjoy reading this on the trip down to see you fine folks at Shiloh Ranch over Spring Break! Over dinner tongiht, we were talking about how it's under 6 weeks away! The kids are pretty jazzed and have been practicing with their crossbows (on a 3D hog) when the weather allows.

09-Feb-15

09-Feb-15
Thank you all!

10-Feb-15
just ordered my copy. Can't wait to read it!

10-Feb-15
Mike has fun. A good read, from a good friend.

10-Feb-15
Thanks Kevin and Fuzzy!

11-Feb-15
no problem, can't wait to read it

19-Feb-15
OK, it was hanging off the mailbox flag in a plastic garbage bag, int the snow, yesterday when I got home. I whipped up a fallow-deer burger/wild boar-sausage meatloaf for dinner, popped it in the oven, and started reading.

1) I like the style, the action flows, the humor is just right, and Mr "bowdude" has just the right balance of confidence in his skills, honesty in his failings, and humility.

Three chapters in, I Say "two thumbs up"

2) If you are a dyed in the wool, adamant, free range only, no fences, bow hunt only guy, you won't like the book. There are gun kills and there are exotics. I personally like any kind of hunting short of shooting penned animals, and having grown up on a farm, shooting penned animals doesn't bother me, it's just called "butchering stock", not "hunting". I don't see any "butchering stock" in his adventures. I won't complain if I do.

Mike makes no bones about hunts that are in fenced areas, and no apologies (nor should he) ...he tells the tale as it wags. I like that.

Good job, I'm up for the next one, and will hunt with ya anytime.

20-Feb-15
I read the new book as soon as I got it. I enjoy reading of others hunts and INbowdude does a great job of telling the stories. Will be starting book 4 in just a few hours back at Shiloh Ranch.

20-Feb-15
I read it almost at once from cover to cover, although I didn't intend to. I agree that Mike is a very honest guy, freely admitting making less than perfect shots on occasion and describing being affected by buck fever (Hog Fever?) as we all are. Yes there are high fenced hunts and gun hunts but that doesn't bother me. I also appreciate his respect for the animals, the fact that he eats what he shoots and his frequent prayers of thanks. Bottom line I enjoyed reading this one as I did his other two.

23-Feb-15
Thanks guys, I appreciate your reviews. I call 'em like I see them. I'm sure it's not politically correct but I relate the hunts the way they happen in the field and not from the recliner.

Much appreciated.

Mike

23-Feb-15
Finished the book this past weekend Mike, very entertaining. I am pleased and it is staying in my "keep" bookshelf (few do)

23-Feb-15
Mike I sent you a PM re: the book. Thanks!

23-Feb-15
Mike, when you retire, we'll have to get you out here for a mulie/elk hunt of some sort.

23-Feb-15
Thanks Fuzzy, much appreciated.

Bad Karma, that should be in about 5 years. I think I might be able to still move up and down the mountains a bit.

23-Feb-15
It would be great to get you to Colorado!

23-Feb-15
Bad Karma, I've invited him to Kansas to hunt whitetails and he cant seem to get that pulled off either. Maybe some day when he is retired he can make time for both of us.

23-Feb-15
Easy boys, plenty of me to go around! LOL. I need to start using some of those "sick" days.

24-Feb-15
Insist on taking a friend! I'm available.

24-Feb-15

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
I knew it would be an enjoyable read (no I'm not done). One thing Mike, you got all these guys fooled into offering all those hunting trips. Not me my friend, I'm not letting you take those big bucks b/4 I can get a crack at em. Take care my friend & may your adventures be many more so you can write when you "don't" have to work anymore. Life is short but you are living a dream. Take care my friend & be safe in your travels. Oh, I thought about posting the Man in Tights photo of some guy we know but am waiting to put in A BOOK.

24-Feb-15
I enjoyed the book. Got me fired up for my next Shiloh trip!

• Sitka Gear