SDHNTR(home) 21-Apr-15
BTM 22-Apr-15
elkmtngear 22-Apr-15
NvaGvUp 22-Apr-15
IdyllwildArcher 22-Apr-15
Beendare 23-Apr-15
GotBowAz 23-Apr-15
10-Feb-15
I read in the monthly SCI rag that CA defendants in the SCI suit to overturn the import ban had filed for a motion to dismiss in a hearing to be held on Feb 2. Anyone know the results of this hearing?

11-Feb-15
nothing changed

11-Feb-15
Nothing changed with the lawsuit and the motion to dismiss was denied, so the suit is still proceeding?

Or nothing changed with the import ban because the suit was dismissed?

11-Feb-15
A legal motion to dismiss is just like the New Mexico draw... a shot in the dark. I heard the lawsuit is still going forward. My fingers are crossed but I'm not expecting anything. Ed F

21-Apr-15
California Mountain Lion Hearing — Off Again

Posted by: "Firstforwildlife" April 20, 2015

In August 2014, Safari Club International sued two California officials over the State’s ban on the importation and possession of mountain lions hunted outside of California. The State filed a motion with the federal district court in Sacramento, asking the Court to dismiss our case. A hearing on the motion was first scheduled for February 2, 2015, just before the SCI Convention in Las Vegas. In January 2015, the Court allowed two anti-hunting groups to participate in the case as an amicus curiae and the Court rescheduled the hearing for March 30th. SCI filed its opposition brief two weeks before this date. The State filed its final brief a week later. A few days before the hearing date, the Court rescheduled it again — this time for April 20th. Just four days before the hearing was to take place, the Court cancelled the hearing altogether. The judge will decide whether SCI’s case can go forward based solely on the briefs filed by the parties and amicus. SCI hopes to receive the Court’s decision soon and will keep you posted.

21-Apr-15
Interesting...Bobcats are next!

21-Apr-15
What on earth would anti-hunting groups have to add as amicus curiae since the hunting of animals outside CA's borders does not affect animals inside its borders? This is a purely constitutional question, not a biological or scientific one.

I can see their input being worthy of consideration if the suit was challenging the ban on hunting in CA, but this is about importation of products attained elsewhere and there are no legal grounds to question the legality of other state's laws when considering your own in an attempt to penalize the former.

This would be akin to other states banning Avocados grown in CA just because they don't like CA's politics and could create interstate sanctions. The Commerce Clause was put into the constitution to keep us a homogenous country, united.

These stupid culture wars are ripping this country apart.

21-Apr-15
They hate hunting and hunters.

21-Apr-15
Does anyone know who from SCI is leading this and how to get ahold of them? I've tried a couple times through SCI and haven't got anything returned. Wonder if there is anything some us in CA can do to help fight this. Plus I would like to know who the judge is

21-Apr-15
I jumped on this right away.... signed up for 3 years, filled out a questionaire, talked to some guy in Washington DC on the phone.... then nothing. I want to bring my lion home. Well, they only have a few months then I'll be an AZ resident and some taxidermist will be doing my full mount. California is circling the drain... and Brown is pulling the flush handle. Ed F

21-Apr-15
I jumped on this right away.... signed up for 3 years, filled out a questionaire, talked to some guy in Washington DC on the phone.... then nothing. I want to bring my lion home. Well, they only have a few months then I'll be an AZ resident and some taxidermist will be doing my full mount. California is circling the drain... and Brown is pulling the flush handle. Ed F

21-Apr-15
As illogical as this from a practical and constitutional level, this was done before it started. This isn't due process! Ed, build me a house over there too!

22-Apr-15
"California is circling the drain... and Brown is pulling the flush handle."

Amen to that! I left Kalifornia a year ago and have never looked back!

22-Apr-15
"Well, they only have a few months then I'll be an AZ resident and some taxidermist will be doing my full mount".

Ed, if I ever get my affairs in order, I'll be right behind you. I've already started looking at Real Estate.

Best of Luck, Jeff

22-Apr-15
Following my lead! lol

I moved out of CA on March 30, 2009 (to Reno) and it's the best thing I ever did.

22-Apr-15
I plan on leaving eventually too, but even if we're not there, we need to continue to fight.

If hunting becomes outright banned in CA, not only will many sportsman suffer who can't leave, but it will start to grow in the minds of many that banning hunting state wide is a "normal" thing.

23-Apr-15
I had the pleasure of spending some time at our Xmas party with Mark one of the SCI lawyers fighting the antis on many fronts. Its crazy what those guys are up against- fanatic antis with piles of money....and sympathetic liberal judges.

23-Apr-15
Jeff, Ed and Nate. You 3 killers stay out! We don't have any bow hunting critters here, LOL

Truth is id welcome all 3 of you here, you guys would bring a little class to our state.

Nate, unfortunately we don't have any pig/hogs here but don't let that keep you from moving out of that state!

Ed, congrats on your new home. I'm thinking your going to love living here and your lion will finally have a home.

• Sitka Gear