moosenelson 14-Feb-15
Buffalo1 14-Feb-15
Tao 15-Feb-15
TD 16-Feb-15
bigbuck 09-Mar-15
Medicinemann 09-Mar-15
Medicinemann 09-Mar-15
13-Feb-15
Does anyone know where the most pope and young canadian moose are shot? And when is the rut?

13-Feb-15
Canada in the Fall.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

13-Feb-15
I was gonna say in the lungs. But I guess I was wrong....

--Jim

14-Feb-15
I can't resist. I can tell you that all of the Canadian moose are shot in Canada.

Dang-should have read the posts above first.

14-Feb-15
Mid-late September, and sometimes the rut drags into early October. Of course, that varies from year-to-year and by area.

Best to check with your outfitter or a biologist where you're thinking of hunting.

14-Feb-15
Buy the P&Y Record Book. It comes with a CD that would allow you to search by Province or State or you can just read top down to get your info! Most important thing is likely the Outfitter you chose! Good Luck! C

14-Feb-15
The moose in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine, are Canadian moose. But like others have said, consult the book and you will find out where the biggest are shot. I would guess though, most come from New Brunswick as their tags are limited.

14-Feb-15
Don't know about P&Y, but British Columbia tops the list for B&C Canadian Moose... Keep in mind that records can be deceiving. British Columbia is a huge province.. Based on record book entries per square mile, I don't know where the top state or province would be, but that would be a more accurate measure of a potential trophy area.

14-Feb-15
Plus most Canadians don't enter record Moose in P&Y. I'd bet less than 10%.

14-Feb-15
According to the 28th Biennium Convention Program & Recording Period Statistical Summary- p 176 here is the top 5 "all-time" scoring location stats:

Ontario 244 BC 200 Alberta 127 Newfoundland 31 Maine 27

A total of 715 had been posted at the release of this info which was thru 2012.

New stats will come out this year at convention.

14-Feb-15
My family has shot several 60"+bulls. My high school buddy shot a 64"bull that looked like a cactus with all the points (28 i think). Our neighbor shot the biggest one i ever saw. I dont remember how big that one was but it was wayyy bigger than 60inches.

I never heard of P&Y or B&C till I was 20.

I grew up in Dryden Ontario and we do not have the most P&Y bulls. Maybe farther north in Ontario or northern Ab, Sask, Bc.

Entering the books is not important back home. Ive only heard of one entry of a P&Y moose from back home and he was disqualified cuz of the old % let off rule. Entering 'record books was never done 15 yrs ago. Happens a lot more now.

14-Feb-15
Moosenelson,

Think record collection for P&Y began around 1961 or so. That's about 54 years worth of recording of record book animals. Minimum scores of some animals have changed.

15-Feb-15
I find about 50% of my clients enter their bulls into P&Y..... A lot of writers and guys in the Thunder Bay area talk about P&Y to size their moose that they have shot but have never entered any of them.. Try looking at the Ontario record books and you will find the same.

16-Feb-15
Look for a place that has Canadian moose with Yukon plates....

09-Mar-15
I will tell you that If you can get drawn Maine NH and Vermont shoot several moose each year that would qualify for P&Y fore the price of many outfitted hunts you can by an auction tag in one of these states!

09-Mar-15
PM sent

09-Mar-15
double post

• Sitka Gear