glunker 21-Apr-15
kota-man 21-Apr-15
Bou'bound 21-Apr-15
Bear Track 21-Apr-15
No Bark 21-Apr-15
Tody 21-Apr-15
Drop tine 22-Apr-15
14-Feb-15
I hate to sound cheap but I noticed the conversion rate is $1us dollar to $1.24 Canadian dollar. So if a sheep hunt is Canadian sheep hunt is $21,500 would I pay $17,338 now? Thanks

14-Feb-15
On the flip side, it wasn't long ago when the conversion rate was flip flopped, I know then they charged us the difference to make up the weak dollar but now the US dollar is stronger so it only makes sense that it works both ways. Thanks,

14-Feb-15
Most are quoted in US Dollars, so no.

14-Feb-15
Seems like most outfitters in North America charge according to whichever dollar is higher. If the US dollar is higher, as it usually is, the hunt is listed in US dollars. If the Canadian dollar is higher, then they switch the pricing to Canadian dollars.

14-Feb-15
I've had some great hunts in Canada but for dall sheep I'll stick with two Alaskan hunts for the price of 1 Canadian hunt. :-)

14-Feb-15
I just booked a moose hunt for my father and I, the price was quoted in US funds. As was the other outfitter i conversed with. Both were up front about and stated it, so i look at it as the choice being on me.

14-Feb-15
MBMule seems to be correct!

15-Feb-15
today Can was .75 or so

17-Feb-15
I still see many Canadian outfitters with rates listed in Canadian- now is the time for a great deal.

17-Feb-15
Most don't switch back and forth, its usually always US dollar. Especially the big sheep outfitters!

18-Feb-15
It depends on the outfitter. I'll be hunting again with Babine this fall and they price everything Canadian.

18-Feb-15
MB Mule is correct. They win either way. When the Canadian dollar was higher, I have had some quote in Canadian or they simply raised their US prices.

18-Feb-15
Some of the sheep outfitters are reaping a windfall from guys who booked in USD a couple years back. Could be as much as a net gain of nearly 10,000 CAD, per hunter, if they quoted in US Dollars at booking prior to mid-2013, when the CAD/USD was around 1 to 1. That's assuming of course that it holds at the current 1.25 to 1 rate.

19-Feb-15
We always sold our hunts in us dollars the exchange right now is 1.18 for a us dollar what we would get, just a few years back the Canadian dollar was a bit stronger than US dollar. Just as long as the guys know upon booking which dollar were using its fair, if the outfitter is going back and forth which dollar is better than that's not fair.

19-Feb-15
I wish! It is actually 1.25 but that's the bank of Canada rate if you go to a bank most charge 1.29!

19-Feb-15
And if you're going the other way they only give you $1.18 Canadian for each U.S. $!

21-Apr-15
I thought it was 3 labatts blue for 2 budwisers, liter Canadian wiskey for a fifth of bourbon, 1000 board feet of Wisconsin veneer red oak vs a log truck of pulp. What about a CA cabernet for 2# of CDN walleye fillets?

21-Apr-15
I've hunted Canada a TON and never had an outfitter charge me Candian dollars. Prices have ALWAYS been US Dollars. Whether the dollar is high or low, I've always been charged US dollars and pricing is always talked about in US dollars.

SO, to answer your question...NO.

EDIT: I too have hunted with Babine twice and they always charged Canadian dollars regardless of the dollar. This is the exception rather than the rule. I personally would like to see an outfitter charge currency for whatever country they are in, but that is just me.

21-Apr-15
I've also hunted Canada a TON and never had an outfitter charge me Candian dollars. Prices have ALWAYS been US Dollars. Whether the dollar is high or low, I've always been charged US dollars and pricing is always talked about in US dollars.

21-Apr-15
All this conversion confusion is exactly why our hunts are in US funds and always have been. To chase for the best conversion return is just unfair and easily picked up by a guest.

21-Apr-15
Do Canadian outfitters charge Canadian clients in US dollars? Had a Canadian friend go on an elk hunt for $5000 Can, The following year the same outfitter wanted me to pay $6500 US. Not blaming or shaming, just my experience.

21-Apr-15
I was just about to ask. Do Canadian outfitters charge the local Canadian hunters in US dollars? Seams a bit odd to me. Maybe the US outfitters should use some other countried currency, british pounds anyone?

22-Apr-15
I am Canadian and have only been on one hunt with JHA. At that time you could pay in either currency but the dollars were at par then. I would assume we would pay in US dollars or the equivalent after the exchange.

• Sitka Gear