LaGriz 27-Feb-15
txhunter58 27-Feb-15
Rock 02-Mar-15
tacklebox 03-Mar-15
LUNG$HOT 03-Mar-15
Paul@thefort 04-Mar-15
rick allison 04-Mar-15
21-Feb-15
What's the cost of a non resident either sex elk tag in Colorado this year? Any suggestions on a good unit in SW Colorado?

21-Feb-15
$619 plus $10 habitat stamp for any either sex draw. Either sex OTC will save you $3. Never hunted the sw so can't offer any help other than you can find elk in any unit and get skunked in the same units.

25-Feb-15
Thanks for the Info.

25-Feb-15
What's the Colorado cow tag OTC?

25-Feb-15
$461 for a nonresident cow tag otc.

25-Feb-15
That's about $2.00 per pound of elk meat if you connect! Pretty cheap:)

25-Feb-15
Well worth it. If I were ever to miss a year of chasing bulls in Colorado life would just suck! I would pay $1000 just for the tag. I can buy a cow tag in Utah for $40 as a resident but choose to hunt bulls in CO and pay for it. There is nothing like it.

27-Feb-15
"I would pay $1000 just for the tag."

You will! LOL

27-Feb-15
Your right. Give it 5 years and it will be $1000. Still worth it. Call it an obsession huh? To bad the states know how obsessed we are about archery elk.

27-Feb-15
To my fellow NR elk hunters,

If you feel you would be willing to pay such a price for a tag please keep it under your hat. The powers that be would be glad to accommodate you. The western G&F dept. are always looking for new sources of revenue. Preference points were once free.....now they are upwards of $50. Some states require you purchase a "useless" license just to get a point or be in the draw. They constantly are reaching for the breaking point where a price increase equals more $ even with slightly fewer applicants. Its best to say as little as possible on the web sites about price and availability as any comment is defined as "wineing & crying" even if you are asked for your opinion. The residents are rarely concerned with your plight, as they too are scrambling for fewer opportunities.

27-Feb-15
Yes, but Colorado is down 30,000 NR hunters since they raised prices, so I think they know if they raise them too much too fast, we will balk, like hunters did in Montana. And with raising the price of a cow tag, they lost more NR cow hunters as well.

As it sits we are the frog put in cold water that is slowly heated to boiling.

02-Mar-15
This is not just Elk and Western States, look at the NR price of Midwest Deer tags. Some of them are as high or higher than our Elk tags.

03-Mar-15
How long are the OTC tags available? Is there a deadline to purchase? Quota?

03-Mar-15
Tacklebox- you can purchase an OTC tag in co up until the day before the hunt starts, no caps. I think you can even purchase one after the hunt starts but you have to get it from a DOW office. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

04-Mar-15
Lungshot. almost correct. Colorado regs state the following.

" There are an unlimited number of these OTC licenses that may be purchased any time up until the day the season starts.

After the season starts, they are available at CPW offices only

--EXCEPT, for archery elk OTC licenses and plains elk OTC licenses, which can be purchased at any license agent.

04-Mar-15
Prohibitive....

• Sitka Gear