mixed bag 23-Feb-15
BLACKBEAR 23-Feb-15
Rob in VT 23-Feb-15
bb 23-Feb-15
BLACKBEAR 23-Feb-15
writer 23-Feb-15
mixed bag 24-Feb-15
22-Feb-15
Has anyone ever hunted with Ocean Side Country Lodge out of Point Lemington NF? It is on the north shore on Notre Dame Bay. Hazen Chippett is the owner.

I spoke with him at the Springfield MA sportsman show. Seems very honest and have killed some good bull moose. He also offers baited fall bear hunt (instead of stumble apon) which I though was interesting as a combo.

If you have down time, you can also ocean fish in the bay where whales and iceburgs are seen regularly.

Sounded like a nice place and wanted to know if anyone has hunted there.

Thanks, Rob

23-Feb-15
ROB I DID AND HAD A GREAT TIME HE IS A GREAT GUY AND A GREAT GUIDE HIS WIFE DOES ALL THE COOKING AND LOTS OF IT.I SENT YOU MY PHONE #IN PRIVATE MESSAGE.

23-Feb-15
What was the quality/quantity of bull moose seen and taken?

23-Feb-15
ROB I TOOK MY BULL IN 2012 15 POINTS NICE BULL FOR NEWFOUNDLAND 441/2''SPREAD TOOK IT ON WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON UP TO THAT TIME I SEEN 13 MOOSE EVERY GUY TOOK BULLS BUT ONE HE WANTED A COW .REAL NICE LODGE ALSO

23-Feb-15
Rob,

What's the price on this hunt? Looks like s nice place.

23-Feb-15
4,200 I believe it is this year

23-Feb-15
Blackbear,

Were you bowhunting?

23-Feb-15
This sounds like great fun. I better start saving.

23-Feb-15
Moose is $4,500 for 2016. It is a drive to camp.

23-Feb-15
I bet you weren't bowhunting

23-Feb-15
I WAS RIFLE HUNTING THERE IN 2012 BUT I WANT TO GET BACK THERE IN 2016 AND DO A BOW HUNT THE GUIDE CALLED 5 MOOSE WITHIN 35 YARDS OF ME THE OTHER MOOSE WERE ABOUT 45 TO 110 YARDS AWAY.IT IS A GREAT PLACE TO GO.

23-Feb-15
For $500 more dollars you could go with a outfitter like Ironbound (or a few other options) who has a high success rate and is fly-in via helicopter.

Plus with Ironbound you can take more than one moose so you could do bow/rifle, caribou hunt (expensive), bear hunt (S&S).

Just wanted you to know there are other great fly-in places for options. For that price and a drive-in I would shop around.

23-Feb-15
SAGE YOUR RIGHT;; ONLY THING IS WITH FLY-IN YOU NEED TO HAVE WEATHER RIGHT BEFORE THEY WILL FLY INTO CAMP I KNOW GUYS WHO LOST A COUPLE OF DAY HUNTING ON THE WAY IN AND MISS FERRY ON THE WAY OUT DUE TO WEATHER.I DO AGREE IF YOU FLY IN YOUR SUCCESS RATE IS BETTER FOR A BIGGER BULL MOOSE BUT IF I AM GOING HUNTING IN NEWFOULAND FOR WHAT EVER THE PRICE IS I WANT A FULL WEEK OF HUNTING.

23-Feb-15
Iron bound is $6,800 for moose (includes tax and license).

23-Feb-15
They increased their costs from a year ago!

23-Feb-15
$4200 is a real good price if he has good references and success rate.Fly in a cool experience but not really necessary from all I've heard.My Alaska moose hunt will be around that price,just for comparison

23-Feb-15
ROB I RESEARCH THIS OUTFITTER OCEANSIDE FOR 6 YEARS BEFORE BOOKING,YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED IF YOU BOOK LET ME KNOW I AM THINKING ABOUT GOING IN BACK 2016.

23-Feb-15
Mixed Bag, your AK. Moose hunt must be a DIY hunt? Is it a fly in or float trip?

Thanks for the info Blackbear. Hazen seems like a very sincere honest man.

23-Feb-15
Blackbear, Your posts would be much easier on the eyes if you use lower case letters.

23-Feb-15
ok

23-Feb-15
Agree with BB, no need you yell, Blackbear. :-)

But if I'd have had that kind of moose hunt I'd probably still be yelling, too!

24-Feb-15
My Alaska hunt is diy fly in.Plenty of hunts like mine in Ak for around 5k total costs including airfare from Pa.Mines less because I get free airfare,and found a couple other deals.Or should I say my partner did.I want to go to NF one of these years just to see and hunt the place

• Sitka Gear