Barty1970 26-Feb-15
Matt Palmquist 27-Feb-15
Genesis 27-Feb-15
Matt Palmquist 27-Feb-15
Allheart 04-Mar-15
S. C. Mercer 04-Mar-15
Dwayne 05-Mar-15
22-Feb-15
I've been looking into getting one of these just to have back at camp in case of an emergency. Has anyone used this product and if so does it work well and is it worth picking up? Thanks in advance

22-Feb-15
Yes,I use it to press my non parallel limb bows.Just realize they have had an upgraded version for modern bows so I would purchase new versus used.Pretty cheap insurance

22-Feb-15
Only press I own and all 95% of do it yourselfers would ever need

22-Feb-15
OK thanks guys. For $65/$70 I figured you can't go wrong. I'm not into gimicky crap but this definitely seems like a legit must have.

22-Feb-15
Works as advertised, but not on all parallel limb or past parallel limb bows. Make sure it will work on yours!

22-Feb-15
Thanks Midwest, will do. Looks like a pretty solid design with the bracket made to accommodate parallel limb bows but I'll definitely check first.

22-Feb-15
I own a mathews Z7. Can anyone tell me eactly which one I need?? Thanks....

22-Feb-15
I bought mine over ten years ago. It works and looks new. Like any tool if you use it properly and take care of it it will take care of you.

22-Feb-15
Look on their web sight they show how to check your bow to see which one will work. If it is past parallel at rest they do not have an adapter for it.

22-Feb-15

LUNG$HOT's Link
Fields- here is the link. They only have one model as far as I know. This is a portable press you can take with you in the field or just to have at camp. Its ideal for solid limb bows but they do have brackets you can buy for split limb bows.

22-Feb-15
It won't work with any of the Bowtechs with Overdrive Binary.

23-Feb-15

shorty's Link
Take a look at this press. It presses every bow. It works great on my Bowtech Invasion.http://www.nitehawkarchery.com/store/

Alan

24-Feb-15
I have a Bowmaster with the curved split limb adapters but I had my welder make some curved steel rod to weld onto the outside of the curves to beef them up. I use it often on my Bowtech Experience and Boss.

24-Feb-15
I have two, great to have around

24-Feb-15
I agree with Shorty, the "nite hawk portable bow press will do all bows, even past parallel. I have one that I take to Alaska every time I go, had to use it last year when a twig derailed my bow 5 days into a 10 day hunt! saved the day, shot my moose the next day. It comes in a nice small pouch, easy to stuff into your gear bag. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

26-Feb-15
I stand corrected.

26-Feb-15
I've looked on their website, and whilst the previous split limb adapter works on my Hoyt UltraTec, I would be interested to know if it will work on my Hoyt Faktor 34...if not, will the new adapter? [I tried the parallel/past parallel test as per the website and couldn't really tell whether my bow would or would not work with the new adapter]

Many thanks in advance

27-Feb-15
I have one I would sell. I bought it years ago and it has a solid bar that should work for split limbs. PM me if interested.

Thanks matt

27-Feb-15
The newer versions have beefier studs not sure why but they replaced my old ones so I would stick with the newer version that was lawyer proofed

27-Feb-15
Better to be safe Than sorry. Thanks for the heads up.

04-Mar-15
Used the old split limb adapters on my Dad and Brothers carbon element. Bought the new "L" adapters and use it on my carbon spyder turbo. Works great.

04-Mar-15
Hmmm. I have the Bowmaster portable bow press with split limb adapter and a Bowtech Experience with the Overdrive Binary Cams and I have successfully pressed my bow countless times when micro tuning the bow, changing out the string, rotating the cam module, etc. Not sure why some think it cannot be done? The Bowtech Experience has built in 'humps' on the axle mounts which allow the split limb adapters to hook onto these appendages when pressing. Once under tension, they are hooked in rock solid.

I've had this Bowmaster for quite a long time and it has pressed countless bows (mine & friends) and has worked flawlessly. It weighs next to nothing and is very well built. I wouldn't even consider going on a hunt a long way from home without it just for the insurance that if I have to do a quick bow repair or replace a broken string/cable in the field, I can do it with minimal effort and not lose my hunt time.

05-Mar-15
I was going to order the split limb adapters but then read they fit up to 3/4-inch wide cams. My Darton DS-3800 cams are about 13/16 wide. Does anyone know if they still work on that bow?

• Sitka Gear