fubar racin 24-Feb-15
bad karma 24-Feb-15
ELKDIY 24-Feb-15
idacurt 24-Feb-15
fubar racin 25-Feb-15
Ermine 25-Feb-15
Allen Bolen 27-Feb-15
22-Feb-15
Planning a few 3 to 12 day backpack trips from summer time back country trout to montana unlimited sheep. Iv been looking at the emrII and the icon 7200 anyone have experiance with both of these packs?

22-Feb-15

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
I own and use a Kifaru and I have no complaints what so ever. I don't think you would either.

Here is an EMRII with four goat quarters in the pack, plus a bit of our camp.

22-Feb-15
I still prefer Kifaru vs. any of the KUIU packs recent or otherwise for carrying heavy loads.

22-Feb-15

22-Feb-15
No experience with Kuiu but I've been a happy Kifaru customer for years.

I think you would really dig the EMR 2. Pretty versatile pack in my opinion

22-Feb-15
I know nothing about the KUIU packs other then what I have read. I do own a Kifaru. They are easy to adjust to fit your body. They have different stay options to fit your backs needs. The load lifters are very functional. Its easy to transfer the weight to your hips. Like others have said a bomb proof pack.

Going with the EMR11 you can choose between a bikini frame or a duplex frame depending on your needs and wants.

22-Feb-15
Kifaru for sure. I've had packs from Kifaru, MR, Kuiu, and Stone Glacier. You won't be disappointed.

22-Feb-15
I'm not sure how you can have better construction than a Kifaru. Short of trying on all the packs under load before you buy, I'd go with Kifaru

22-Feb-15
Definitely Kifaru.

22-Feb-15
The new KUIU Pro is much improved. They have come along way.

Kifaru makes one of the best out there. You will have a Kifaru for life.

If price is an issue KUIU is a good option. If you have the money get a Kifaru or Mystery Ranch.

22-Feb-15
I have used Kifaru packs for about 15 seasons and they are great! I have a 2000 model year Longhunter for heavy meat loads and a 2011 model year Ultralight. Both are obsolete and both work great yet for my purposes. No failures yet!

22-Feb-15
ELKDIY nailed it. If money is an issue, go with the KUIU, it will work. The Icon Pro is a much improved design over previous KUIU packs. If you want the best, go Kifaru. The Kifaru will be the last pack you have to buy.

22-Feb-15
I do not have any experience with the KUIU, but I have a Kifaru DT1 and think it's a great pack. I really don't think they're that bad on price; you'll spend way more buying multiple packs trying to "save" some money on lesser priced packs, but I agree everybody has their price point. Although I have not done it yet, I like the fact that once you have the framework, changing out multiple bags really doesn't cost that much.

22-Feb-15
The DT packs are excellent! A DT2 was my first Kifaru and loved it.

22-Feb-15
Feel free to call me anytime with questions.

Aron Snyder

720-937-1418

22-Feb-15
Ill probably try to come in at some point before i go back to my 5 on 2 off scedule at work at this point my best pack is à $100 rustic ridge lol. Its just not going to cut it much longer!

23-Feb-15
Hey guys. I've been hunting in the KUIU packs for a couple of years now. The first ICON was a pretty good pack, that needed a thing or two worked out to make it just right. The new ICON Pro is a great pack. Literally, it's the best pack I've worn in the mountains. I've extensively used mystery ranch, kifaru and arc'teryx. The new ICON Pro is the best of the bunch. It carries big loads, is lightweight, and has great utility. Don't rule out the Ultra 6000. For a lower price it uses the same frame with a simplfied, lighterweight bag. We recommend to our clients to bring the Ultra 6000, unless they plan to do several mountain hunts then we recommend the Icon pro.

BolenLewis Trophy Guiding.

23-Feb-15
I own both, no comparison when hauling heavy loads its Kifaru hands down. No comparison. None. Thats the first outfitter "recommendation" I have ever heard of that puts Kuiu above all other packs. Aron at Kifaru takes the time to help you out, give him a call.

24-Feb-15
Iv pretty much made up my mind to go with the kifaru, id like to put my hands and eyes on one before i order. On thé website it says they have some on display at thé shop so in going to try to swing by to check them out.

24-Feb-15
Fubar, you can also demo one at the May rendezvous..... Patrick will have everything available for folks to play with.

24-Feb-15

ELKDIY's Link
Check out the New Mountain Warrior. Hell of a pack on the Duplex Frame.

If you haven't already check out the pack review on this forum from Kota-man. Cory knows his packs.

Otcwill gives his review on the new Mountain Warrior by Kifaru.

24-Feb-15
What are the weight differences between the two of the same size?

25-Feb-15
May rendezvous??? When? Where?

25-Feb-15
Kifaru rondevous. Usually mid May and located in South Park. Good times and good people.

27-Feb-15
Primitive, it may be the first time you've heard an outfitter choose kuiu over kifaru and that could be because the Icon Pro has only been out for less than a year. The Icon Pro is an excellent pack and you will hear more about it. I spend many weeks a year living out of my pack and I know a winner when i wear it. The kifaro is also a great pack. I just prefer the Kuiu.

One recommendation with the kuiu... For me and several others i know, the lumbar is too thick with the pad that comes installed from the factory. It comes with a thin pad that is easy to switch out.

• Sitka Gear