Allheart 25-Feb-15
SteveB 26-Feb-15
Hawkeye 26-Feb-15
willliamtell 26-Feb-15
sureshot 26-Feb-15
22-Feb-15

Bear Track's embedded Photo
Bear Track's embedded Photo
I shot this magpie off my bird feeder the other day with a pellet rifle. He carried his tail straight up and it had 2 tail feathers that were partially white.

22-Feb-15
Piebald magpie

22-Feb-15
Some guys might not like you shooting them over bait plus it's a gun kill;>)

Nice!

22-Feb-15
That's me! Magpie or bighorn kill, not sure of the relevance of a gun kill on a bowsite. Maybe check out www.gunsite.com? Might be a better fit?!

22-Feb-15
Great looking mount, but if you are in the US I doubt that it's legal.

22-Feb-15
Just for the record, while Magpies are protected in the US, in Canada they are not.

Interesting mount and a neat bird we also have here in Colorado. THey are the first to arrive then we are processing an elk in the field, looking for a handout.

My best, Paul

22-Feb-15
Here they are like crows and rabbits, open all year long. I've never seen a magpie pose like that but it's a way to show off their irridesant colors.

22-Feb-15
Beautiful bird and mount!

Mark

22-Feb-15
Neat birds.

They're a protected species in Kansas.

They're range in the state seems to be really shrinking, too.

25-Feb-15
the relevance is that it's a great mount of a pretty darn special animal, this IS a bowhunting site, but we are all hunters and outdoorsmen and can appreciate quality taxidermy, game recipies, fishing, kids and spouses in the outdoors, trucks and gear, wilderness survival and first aid, boots and clothing, and lots of other topics that don't have a broadhead screwed onto the end... :-)

25-Feb-15
Very nice mount!

+1 Fuzzy.

25-Feb-15
Great mount Ron. And who cares if this magpie was shot with a pellet gun and posted on a "bowhunting" site. Ron has been a longtime supporter on this site. He is just sharing a mount that he did. No big deal to me.

25-Feb-15
Wow, chasing bugles. I didn't think I'd ever have to defend my taxidermy skills on a hunting site.

25-Feb-15
Ron - Seriously this is a bow hunting website!!!!

How dare you talk about killing an animal to show a mount that you took with such a high powered weapon!

Do you realize the wasted time and energy I must use to post this rant?

Do you realize how seriously this PELLET GUN kill effects me and others that I feel the need to to rant about it on a public forum?

Seriously, how dare you be so insensitive about using this website to post your PELLET GUN kill!!!

I am now worried how much sleep I will lose and the emotional distress I will endure because of this bull**** post that came from a PELLET GUN.

I find your post so insulting to all of us who venimously opppose a PELLET GUN kill on this website!

I have to go now because I need to call my therapist because you posted a PELLET GUN kill on a hunting website that is titled Bowsite!!!!!

25-Feb-15
Sorry Kelly. Have your therapist send me your bill.

I should have had it standing on an arrow.

25-Feb-15
That is a neat mount, wish I had that turnaround time from my taxidermist;-)

25-Feb-15
LMAO

Chasing bugles get a life bro!!!!

25-Feb-15
Kelly X2

Cool mount Ron. One of my favorite birds as they have helped me find almost a half dozen anmimals!

25-Feb-15
i wanted to mount one yrs ago but like Paul says they are protected !

25-Feb-15
Very cool mount Ron. They are a very pretty bird. I had no idea they were protected in the US. Just figured they were like crows and fair game. Anybody know why they are protected?

25-Feb-15
Chasin Bugles

This is a website of outdoorsmen and hunters, not sure of the relevance of your post. Your self righteous and ignorant comments would be better suited else where. Maybe check out www.archerytalk.com? Might be a better fit?!

To the OP thanks for sharing.

26-Feb-15
Love it Ron! And gorgeous taxidermy to boot!

man.....some guys on this site need lithium......

26-Feb-15
Man those birds are cool looking! Great mount:)

26-Feb-15
Great that Ron honored a bird most of us pretty much take for granted with a gorgeous mount. Although annoying in person, they are a very handsome bird. Plus, I challenge anyone to even gather, let alone re-assemble, the feathers of a mid-sized bird like that after it got smoked by an arrow. This is taxidermy, not a photoshopped kill shot.

26-Feb-15
Pellet Gun sounds like the best tool for the job. Great mount.

• Sitka Gear