Linecutter 24-Feb-15
Charlie Rehor 24-Feb-15
bearhunter 24-Feb-15
bearhunter 24-Feb-15
Junior 24-Feb-15
stagetek 25-Feb-15
sweet old bill 26-Feb-15
24-Feb-15
Brace height recomended for my bow is 5.5 to 6.25. With the orig string it is at 6.25. New string after stretching is at 7.5". What does this do to performance, Draw weight, speed of bow.

24-Feb-15
Are we talking compound bow.....? If so there is no such thing as recommended brace height..... Your bow should be set at the factory specs.....

24-Feb-15
It's a recurve.

24-Feb-15
What kind of recurve ? 5.5-6.5" seems very low to me. But to answer your question, a brace height too high will slow the bow down. It does not affect draw weight. Too low, and the bow will be louder. It will not affect draw weight either. All my recurve's, Bear and Predators have a brace between 7.5 and 8.25". That is measured from the deepest part of the grip to the string.

24-Feb-15
I'm with stagetek with this one. In all the years I have been shooting I have never seen a recurve with a 5.5-6.5 brace height, Longbow yes, recurve no. How long is this bow and who makes it? Also where are they measuring the brace height from? If it from the belly side of the shelf, I might be able to see that low of a measurement. But measured from the deepest part of the the grip and that claimed brace height your fethers will be sitting on the shelf at brace and it WILL interfer with arrow flight. DANNY

24-Feb-15
Your bow maker will have a "preferred" brace height! Good luck! C

24-Feb-15
It's a pse coyote. Instructions came with it. I'll double check it tonight. 45 lb. 60"

24-Feb-15

bearhunter's embedded Photo
bearhunter's embedded Photo

24-Feb-15
Id say your string is to short...and the wrong one. May slow it down losing stroke and louder.

25-Feb-15
Well, that's what it say's. Don't know why it would be so much lower than the others. If it shoots alright at that brace, I'd leave it. Otherwise, I'd get a little shorter string and play around a bit.

26-Feb-15
most recurve brace height it best to start on the high side. in your case I would put twist in the string till I got it about 6.5 inch, then shoot a few arrows and see if makes zero noise and you get a good pattern. If your are at the low end 5.5 brace you may have a issue with the string hitting your arm, all the time...that very low.

• Sitka Gear