LBshooter 02-Mar-15
LBshooter 02-Mar-15
txhunter58 02-Mar-15
loprofile 03-Mar-15
LBshooter 03-Mar-15
sureshot 03-Mar-15
loprofile 03-Mar-15
25-Feb-15
Never used one. I know this isn't what you asked, but I smell something. Something that comes out the ass end of a bull.

25-Feb-15
what the hecs are you talking about?

25-Feb-15
What a joke that crap is...

25-Feb-15
Gimmick? Bull ----?

Please explain. Im interested to hear your first hand experiences.

Been curious about this myself.

25-Feb-15
HA HA HA!!! how the hecs did a man ever kill without one!!! chucky's plaid must have been hecs!!!

25-Feb-15
Some guys need all of the help they can get even if it's just psychological

25-Feb-15
Gulf coast, Zero first hand experience. I just Dont buy it. P.T. Barnum (I think) had a saying that I think applies here.

Not trying to insult anyone. Just my thoughts.

25-Feb-15

25-Feb-15
Sorry guys... momma blessed me with an open mind.

No disrespect to you aged masters.... but has anyone have a comment on this stuff thats not just factless opinion.

Anyone actual tried it?

25-Feb-15
I have a couple buddies that swear by them. They both killed some nice mature blacktails last Season up in the Trinity Wilderness here in Nor Cal

Having a little science background, I have a hard time buying the concept. But I have not tried them, so I can't truly give an objective review.

Best of Luck, Jeff

26-Feb-15
One of these paired with an ozonics and you won't even need a bow! You'll be close enough to just knife em. Much cheaper that wasted money on broadheads and arrows! ;)

26-Feb-15
I was given a suit a few years ago. I tried to wear it that season to form an opinion. It didn't breathe the best so I had a tendency to only wear the top so I really probably didn't give it a chance.

I did have something pretty crazy happen while wearing it. I was stalking a nice mule deer through a sunflower field that had dried down when I caught movement close. It was a yearling whitetail buck. He must have seen me moving and decided to investigate. He closed to within several yards and then the unthinkable happened. He walked up and nosed my boot and then he grabbed a mouthful of the leafy jacket I was wearing. He finally backed off and I had to scare him off so I could keep going towards the mulie. It was a crazy experience. With all that said, it was a yearling whitetail buck during the rut and they aren't the smartest deer in the woods.

Another time in the mountains I DIDN'T have a HECS suit on and had a cow elk nose my pack as I stood motionless as she approached so I won't say the suit caused the whitetail to react the way it did. Crazy things can happen regardless of what you are wearing.

My experience doesn't prove anything, but it can't hurt to wear it imo. I don't wear it much these days if that tells you anything.

Matt

26-Feb-15
A fool and his money are soon parted.

26-Feb-15
It's little wonder many are just lurkers on this site and afraid to ask a question.

26-Feb-15
Matt, my hunting partner had a cow elk come up behind him and start tugging on the hood of his Cabelas Camo hoodie. When it wouldn't come, she started yanking on it. When he showed it to me a couple hours later it had dried saliva and chewed grass all over it.

Something magical about Cabelas poly sweatshirts!

26-Feb-15
That is awesome Lou! Both were wild experiences. Ron N watched the elk encounter go down, but I don't have an eye witness on the other so I am sure most will think I am full of it:)

Matt

26-Feb-15
Funny I was ready to inquire about this product. I Skipped too many science classes to know if that' s possible.any heard of an independent test?? Lewis

26-Feb-15
Never used one , nor do I know anyone who has. Just curious, how much does a hecs suit cost? To each his own but even if it does work I don't want one. I never used any scent containing suits either. But hey as long as it is legal and in your opinion ethical anyone who wants one go for it and report back to us!

26-Feb-15
Midwest, I agree completely.

Sad how many cant go one post without some sort of negative comment. How about a little help from people who have actually tried the stuff.

Maybe it is worthless crap. Maybe a joke. One thing is for certain...

There isnt a person on this site who has not spent a small fortune on far more stupid or just plain worthless crap in there lifetime. Anyone who says different is lying. Im not rich, but $150....chump change these days. Why not?

26-Feb-15
Someone on here should know the science behind this and if it's feasible for it to work Lewis

26-Feb-15
Checked out their web site, a three piece suit is 179 but the have a close out on pants for 25 bucks. A carbon fiber mess is weaved into the fabric and this is what blocks your EM field from alerting game. This like scent lok suits seems to be more of a gimmick that plays on some hunters desire to kill game. If EM field is strong enough to alert game then how have hunters killed game prior to this suit being developed? If they sense your EM field then you would never see game animals because they would just avoid the area. Wouldn't your entire body need to be covered? Full face, hands etc... The suit on the web site shows a head cover but it does not cover your face and the hunter had his hands showing too. They have enough testimonials from some tv pro hunters (Phil Phillips) to get a portion of the market especially the new hunter crowd, right after they buy their ozonics and all the rest of the crap they think they need to be successful in today's woods.

26-Feb-15
Would someone please send me a suit? My old woodland BDUs are about worn out and I could use something new.

If you pay me enough, I might do a TV commercial for you. NOT!!!!

26-Feb-15
For those interested I have some gently used camo sweat suits for the fire sale price of $99.99. I will even write HECS on the label.

26-Feb-15
I guess all those times I've had deer and turkeys walk past me at less than 5 yds unalarmed...my electromagnetic field was in stealth mode.

26-Feb-15
Works best when used in a high fenced area I hear.

26-Feb-15
lol... you guys crack me up. If you do a lil research, youll find that that the top bowhunters that use and endorse the HECS suits are guys that bought and paid for their suits, they weren't given to them by HECS. Sure is funny how a lot of average guys that use the suit seem to have great experiences with the suit as well, not just top bowhunters. Maybe people should try a product, or even call and talk to the guys at HECS before you start talking crap about it. How can you have an opinion one something without having no experience with the product?

26-Feb-15
I'm waiting for the Pat Lefemine review

26-Feb-15
Buglmin, be careful. You are in the presence of genuine experts here. If they say its crap then that is what it is, test or no test. When your that good, you dont need to test a product to evaluate its worth. Lol

Just ordered one. After hearing so much crap being spewed from these jokers who havent so much as touched it, and no real discernable, first hand testimony, ill just judge it for myself.

Thanks bowsite for the help. :(

Razorhead, ill get back to you on an ACTUAL FACT-BASED CRITIQUE and let you know what its all about.

26-Feb-15
Our novelty division carries a pill that will add 3 inches in length with a noticeable increase in girth. Might help in taking a leak out of tree stands in cold weather if anyone is interested.

26-Feb-15
Gulf I was trying to help. I apologize if it came across sounding harsh Razorhead. I just see a marketing scam and that's about it.

I freely admit i am not an expert. I have no idea if people have an electromagnetic field or not. If we do, you will never convince me it matters in regards to hunting.

You are right though, I should have found a more delicate way to suggest he save his money. Hope yours works out for you. Let us know.

26-Feb-15
How can we have an opinion? Easy, it's called common sense and last time I checked it's still a free country. HECS is relying on guys like some on here who do anything to get the edge on a so called trophy and that's fine but the rest should be allowed to express their opinion, wrong or right. Curious, if you have a ozonic, scent lok and a H.E.C.S and you kill a trophy, how do you know which one worked?

26-Feb-15
The question should be; if it works, would it be fair chase to use it? If all this technology actually succeeds in making us invisible to animals, what would be the point of hunting?

26-Feb-15
Here Razorhead,I'll help you out. I bought one, used it, and from the ground blind I was in the white tails I was hunting all seemed as calm and relaxed as they can possibly be during the rut. Many within 10 yds. On several occasions. Could I have killed one? One never REALLY knows until you drop the string. I was hunting a specific animal and of course he didn't show until after the season. The only negative for me is it was a bit warm for down here in Texas.

26-Feb-15
I think that I can help a little bit. As a rough rule of thumb, a magnetic field will diminish as the inverse cube of the distance.

So, whatever the strength of your "magnetic" personality or the electromagnetic field generated by your body,(Which is pretty darn weak) at three feet, it would be 1/9th the original strength. At ten feet, it would be 1/1000th the strength. At 60 feet that's 1/216,000th.

Even fish with very sophisticated electro-receptors need to be within close proximity to sense the field generated by their pray.

Now, I am reaching pretty far back into my physics vault for that "rule of thumb" formula, but I'm pretty confident when I say that you don't have to worry about a cervid sensing your electromagnetic field at a distance.

But, I feel sneakier when I'm not super stinky though I know it's the wind that matters.

26-Feb-15
Pretty sure he means cervid...not sure a cervix could detect you with or without the suit!!! :)

26-Feb-15
Well that's about par for the internet. It took about 30-40 posts before someone who might actually know something comes forth and writes something worth reading based on science. Thanks Orionsbrother for taking the time to post.

26-Feb-15
Yes. I edited it. CERVID! Stupid autocorrect tablet!

But the wife asked me why I was laughing and then made some bawdy comments to me...

26-Feb-15
Im not saying that people can't express their opinion, but it is clear some of you on here act like know it all jerks and try to make people feel stupid. The dude just asked a simple question.... "anyone ever use this system?"

How many here actually answered it without some negative garbage on the side? Yeah. Good job all.

So I bought one. Say what you will, but I am more curious to see what the fuss is really about now more than anything. Its cheaper in every respect than my useless sentlock bs, and never bought an ozonics. If it works ill find out pretty quick. If not, im out $200 that i wont lose a wink of sleep over anyway and ill tell you all about it... let yall's super hunter egos swell up a bit more. If I apparently dont have any common sense, at least ill have some facts when its all said and done.

26-Feb-15
Orionsbrother, finally...

THANK YOU! Some sort of informative post at last.

26-Feb-15
Gulf and keef, fair enough. Just out of curiosity, what does the referenced science in the informative post lead you to believe?

27-Feb-15
It leads me to believe that deer can smell our electromagnetic field 216,000 times more effectively than we humans can smell it.

Or something like that.

27-Feb-15
How does it work if it doesn't cover your face?

And how come, with and without good cover, I've had animals walk within inches of me and not pick me out?

Comon, everyone's had deer walk by and pick you out, but everyone's also had them walk by and never know you were there.

27-Feb-15
Ike, it's because your EMF was being pulled in the other direction. Think of a needle on a compass. The further north you were hunting, the stronger the pull. If those animals had walked on the other side of you, they have walked right into your EMF drift.

27-Feb-15
That makes perfect sense since the animals also seem to come from behind me, not see my face, and take off like a bat out of hell.

27-Feb-15
Ike - The probability of those instances is directly proportional to the volume of cabbage and beans ingested in the previous 16 hours.

Throw in some cheap beer and it becomes n to the 10th that your hunting buddies will "blow out" too.

27-Feb-15
Or chicken salad from Walmart sorry could not help myself Lewis

27-Feb-15
I have never seen one, never used one, never heard of it until I saw the commercial on TV. It may be the greatest thing since shirt pockets. I do not know.

What I do know is this: If I understood them correctly, there is nothing, I repeat NOTHING that can do what they claim that stuff does. I do think it will probably not quite as well when a dose of common sense is applied.

However, I sincerly hope I am wrong. I know everyone thought I was crazy when I started promoting using yuour own urine as a scent attractant. Now, many hunters are doing it.

So, who knows?

27-Feb-15
Everybody thought I was crazy when I started using a deer hat on the plains. My hunting partner said it was the "stupidest thing he'd ever seen", and no way would it work.

The skepticism lasted about a couple hours until he watched me deke three big bucks into bow range from 300 yards away.

Ahem..

28-Feb-15

Two Feathers's Link
I doubt there many people here who have not experienced the deer's 'sixth' sense. Other animals also have it. I know dogs and horses pick up on "bad vibes".

I was talking to a lady friend once about a pain I was having. I was standing, fully clothed and she ran her hands around me and up and down, never touching me. When she finished she poked me with her index finger and told me that's where I hurt. And she nailed it. Kind of freaked me out. I never told her where I hurt, just that I was hurting. She told me she was picking up on a disturbance in my EM field. I don't have that ability but she did.

razorhead - the link is to one of the reviews I looked at for the hecs suit. If you get one, let me know if it works.

28-Feb-15
The article states that when you move your EMF increases and that's how deer pick up on it. Well, if that where true how is it anyone is able to kill a deer or any big game animal? Fish have a lateral line which helps them detect EMF's do deer have a lateral line? I think deer hear your heart pounding rather than sensing EMF 's or they pick up a slight movement that the hunter is not aware they made. This suit thing is just to much like a snake oil salesman selling their potion and they are trying to capitalize on the unexplained sixth sense of big game. Kudos to the manufacturer for coming up with it and they have the right to market it but don't believe a word of it. Also, there is no way to test it to see if it works so they unlike scent lok can never be held in the wrong for lying in their marketing. Didn't scent lok loose a court battle saying that their suit did not block scent as advertised?

28-Feb-15
I don't wear the hecs suit. If I did I wouldn't have any more excuses!

02-Mar-15
think it would be a great complement to the Black Rack rattling horns and The Extinguisher deer call.

02-Mar-15
Does it come with a free Acorn Cruncher?

02-Mar-15
Jew that's funny.

02-Mar-15
JRW damn auto correct.

02-Mar-15
"you'll find that that the top bowhunters that use and endorse the HECS suits are guys that bought and paid for their suits, they weren't given to them by HECS. "

Top Bowhunters? Please list names. Ever heard of marketing? So what is they paid for the suits, are they being paid by HECS now? Please tell me all the top bowhunters who paid for it and are using it and are NOT being paid for it. I would like to give them a call.

03-Mar-15
"I have the Extinguisher deer call and it has worked very well for me for a lot of years."

I have no doubt it makes a decent or even great grunt but their "infomercial like" tv shows would lead you to believe that you will be covered up with 180 class bucks if you carry one (and the Black Rack)

03-Mar-15
Lope office, that's called selling the sizzle! It seems like a good all in one call but it's not magic.

03-Mar-15
Are these available with scentlok?

03-Mar-15
razorhead and LBshooter -Just ordered "The Extinguisher"

• Sitka Gear