TD 01-Mar-15
ridgerunnerron 01-Mar-15
BOWUNTR 01-Mar-15
Early2rise 01-Mar-15
trkyslr 01-Mar-15
25-Feb-15

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Dunno if this has been posted but this was caught on a trail camera near Georgetown last week. Georgetown is in the foothills about 45 minutes east of Sacramento. In an interview the fish and game captain stated this group was a family that followed the deer down to the foothill area from the upper elevations as the snow pushed the deer down. I'm here to say imo he's absolutly wrong and that's his political answer. What snow lmao! If you're a Georgetown resident or resident anywhere in California the truth is this pack and others like it has been living in your area for a long time and they're not alone. There are so many more cats in the California valley up into the mountains then people think there are. Endangered my you know what. .... Keeps me shaking my head. But it is a cool pic to get.

25-Feb-15

joehunter8301's embedded Photo
joehunter8301's embedded Photo
Yea. Day after I killed my second buck I setup a trail cam on my gutpile to see if the local bear would show and this is what I got :-/ guess I was the better Hunter tho he didn't get the buck alive thank god.

25-Feb-15

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
I hear ya Chris. Too many cats...here's one that showed up on one of my bear cams...and I even got one on my own little 15 acre parcel up here East of Redding.

Best of Luck, Jeff

25-Feb-15
It would blow the average Californian who doesn't hunts mind to know how many cats there are in this state. Heck I still have a neighbor that thinks they are an endangered species and there is only a few California cougars left in existence. Also have a very good friend who is a trapper in the state. The numbers are staggering regarding cat issues.

Scott Alberda

26-Feb-15
Hey guys I'm fairly new to california. But I've got a little time in the hills. I've found plenty of cat track and scat. But I've never found any carcass. Can you explain were they hide them. I don't know what is worse all the illegal pot grows or lions. Last year they found a bed a pot growerleft 40 yards from a road we travel on our hunting piece. This state sure is beutiful but I just can't understand it and the people.

26-Feb-15
Early2rise...You will NEVER really understand the people of California. My 80 year old mother in law who lived in California for years calls California the land of fruits and nuts. And.....she is not talking about things grown or eaten!!!

26-Feb-15
Cats hide their food with leaves and other debris very well, so you normally won't see it. You would be surprised how neat their debris pile is to hide a carcass.

26-Feb-15
That's where I hunt just east of Georgetown. The fire this last year has pushed everything downhill. A lady my wife knows saw 11 bears walking together on her property.

26-Feb-15

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Today in bayside Bay Area.....

26-Feb-15

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo

28-Feb-15

BTM's embedded Photo
BTM's embedded Photo
Before I left Kalifornia I had them in my yard (LA County). This cat was inside LA City limits!

28-Feb-15
You fellas got problems out there. Good luck and God Bless

28-Feb-15
Heck my mother and sister used to drive up to some state land in the mountains around Temecula, CA and walk the trails until they started seeing Mt. lions up there. After seeing a lion the second time they quit going up there to walk. California isn't a state any more it's a foreign country. Great place years ago.

01-Mar-15
And mant of those who hear this happening in CA... are all for it....

They don't care if the deer herds are decimated. It's not their pets taken in the suburbs. Not their livestock and livelihood threatened. They are in no danger.

They live in the unicorn world of "isn't this so cool..." with no skin in the game.

01-Mar-15
What a sad state...

01-Mar-15
Depressing... Ed F

01-Mar-15
Tell me about it I just moved here from rural nebraska. It's a long story and for good reasons. But I can assure you. It ain't forever. While california has many great things about it. There are many instances when someone's told me a law of some sort and most if not all make my jaw drop by the pure and simple stupidity. Please correct me if I'm wrong my fellow fornians. CALIFORNIA dumb ass rule #78......it's illegal to carry any gun and or Sidearm durning bow season while hunting .... ..please tell me this is not true. How can they expect anyone to feel safe hunting these hill with all the Lions running a round. And it's not even the Lions whom scare me. It's the pot growers. In less than a year just by chance I've found two grows from last year. While that's fine in dandy what happens the time I walk into one and there is three guys with ak47s sitting there and all I've got is my bow. Idk about this state. there are still good people here but there being over run. I feel bad for all you good guys that have only lived here. Goodbless E2R

01-Mar-15
E2r, throw a few yards of fishing line, a hook, and bobber in your pack and you can carry. Remember you're fishing too ;-) Or make the decision on your own as dealing with pot grows is no joke. Yes very stupid no sense laws in this state. Good luck!

• Sitka Gear