standswittaknife 26-Feb-15
ELKDIY 26-Feb-15
trkyslr 26-Feb-15
JTreeman 26-Feb-15
Nick Muche 26-Feb-15
kota-man 26-Feb-15
trkyslr 26-Feb-15
26-Feb-15
I've been a Kuiu and First Lite fan for a while now and anyone that buys Kuiu, by now, knows about their issues with keeping pace with demand and having their products available to ship when you order them. Well, now I'm seeing that with First Lite. Anyone else notice this?

26-Feb-15
They said they would be back in stock in a couple weeks.

26-Feb-15
Young companies growing. I experienced waiting for FL last year as well as Kuiu. Kuiu is not the only company. Young businesses forecast the best they can on newer products.

As a business owner it's hard to purchase a large qty with no guarantee it will sale so you order what you feel is safe so you don't have to eat the inventory. It is a balance when your company is young and growing.

IMO both FL and Kuiu make a great Merino. I personally will continue to order from both and be patient and wait for their gear to get back in stock.

26-Feb-15
Anyone know if fl will be or is making the brimmed beanie in the new camo pattern?

26-Feb-15
I was reading the kuiu thread last week and thought the same thing. I have been been shopping for some FL and can't find the pieces I want in my size. If anyone has been looking for Sitka whitetail stuff recently it is pretty picked over too (I realize they are changing it up), but not the first time I've had trouble finding Sitka in my size.

Kuiu is certainly not the only hunting focused product that can be hard to find. They may be the worst though... I think they may be a little more obvious being that they only sell direct, so if it's gone, it's gone, can't find another retailer with a few things in stock. That may make it a little harder to judge inventory too, as they don't have PO's from retailers to judge demand.

All that said, it is getting pretty old with the Kuiu stuff, but they certainly aren't the only ones. However, it does save me some $ when I can't buy what I want, so I guess it's their loss. I'll either wait or buy something else. Just my thoughts for what they are worth...

--Jim

26-Feb-15
Yes Chris, they make the brimmed beanie in Fusion.

26-Feb-15
First Lite has gone through this each of the last couple years. They are usually "ramped back up" early spring.

Chris...Does that First Lite beanie fit your melon? Neither the regular beanie or the brimmed beanie cover my ears! Drives me nuts...

As far as KUIU goes...Well, everyone knows how KUIU rolls. Either "preorder" what you want or forget about it.

26-Feb-15
Cory lol... Dunno but if not I'll stretch the hell out of it!

• Sitka Gear